All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've posted my thoughts on your thread! Basically, we'll have offered O'Hara something and he's a terrific prospect - could go on to have a great career, but he's anonymous far too often and doesn't bring as much to the table as Kamara and McGowan do, so I'd hoped we'd be strengthening in that position. Wee bit gutted to lose him though.

Kevin Holt is a steady left back. He won't pull down any trees and I've never seen a player play so nervously every week. Doesn't help that he's been our designated 'boo boy' for his duration at Dens. I don't think McCann had any intentions of offering him a new deal.

Cheers. Had a wee look.

End of the day both seem on paper to be good signings if true.

Holt has been a regular in the Premiership for 3 seasons now and so brings a bit of stability to the side. We don't need him to be spectacular, just solid. Adam Eckersley in that position, I'd imagine will be first choice and it will be Holt's to gain from him.

O'Hara definitely is a wee bit of a coup! He's got 160 top flight appearances and is still only 22. That's some amount of football to have under your belt at that age to be fair.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Cheers. Had a wee look.

Holt has been a regular in the Premiership for 3 seasons now and so brings a bit of stability to the side. We don't need him to be spectacular, just solid. Adam Eckersley in that position, I'd imagine will be first choice and it will be Holt's to gain from him.

O'Hara definitely is a wee bit of a coup! He's got 160 top flight appearances and is still only 22. That's some amount of football to have under your belt at that age to be fair.

We're all shiteing ourselves tbf.

Just now, SpiderDee said:

Boy on Dark Blue Forum saying O'Hara's old man saying St Mirren rumour not true....this info coming from POY do tonight

He's the only one out of our current list of out of contract players that I'd like to see us hang on to.

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That good or bad business from both clubs' perspectives?

Holt I doubt very much would’ve been offered a new deal at Dens.

Disappointed to lose O’Hara more because he could develop into a right good player. Although after 2 years I still don’t know exactly what his favoured or best position is. 

Out of our regular back 4 you’ve signed the worst, you’ve also signed the worst of or regular midfield 3. We’ll be looking to exploit Holt’s defensive weaknesses when we play you boys. 

All the best to the pair of them. 

27 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:
Hey Guys 20.00 tonight be sure to tune in..it's a family history show for you 
Screenshot_20180513-195705.thumb.png.d02733ce16e6704dcf9cf94da0108a29.png

Tam, who is this fucking idiot ?

No point asking Tam, he's an idiot as well.

Cheers. Had a wee look.

Both good signings for St Mirren imo. I’ve always liked Holt and if Jack Ross is still there he could do something with him. When we signed O’Hara I thought exactly the same as you - 100 games and he’s only 20. For me he’s not got enough touch to play in midfield. Could be a good wing back or centre half there but apparently he doesn’t want to play in defence. I’d have been happy enough if both had stayed but we need to strengthen and there’s still a lot of dead wood on the books so anybody who is out of contract and not a ‘must keep’ will be getting released.
Good luck to them and to you guys. Enjoyed my pre-season visit to NSMP and will defo return. Do you still have a couple of total roasters in your support on P and B? Whatishisname with SM pj’s and duvet cover?

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That good or bad business from both clubs' perspectives?

If Holt and O'Hara are the "physical players" Jack Ross has mentioned as wanting to sign for the top flight, hes in for a shock.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Yeah, me too. Pretty straightforward.

It was actually pretty close between Kamara and McGowan until the final set of club presentations where Kamara pulled away.