All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

St Johnstone fans on about Tommy Wright at their PotY doo last night. Apparently Tommy said, ' Okay, they beat us 3 times out of 4 but it's not about winning battles it's about winning the war and we did that and finished above them'.

Tbf he's getting pelted from all corners about his "dreadful season" we've just had, and is publicly citing any positives he can. 

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

St Johnstone fans on about Tommy Wright at their PotY doo last night. Apparently Tommy said, ' Okay, they beat us 3 times out of 4 but it's not about winning battles it's about winning the war and we did that and finished above them'.

Tommy Wrights a fat fucking grass, and, like Bain, not worthy of discussion. Thank you.

Hopefully does end up in hospital...

Make it happen Stu. I even heard them from other side of main stand.

My section has sold 16 season tickets so far haha.

I did snap back at them once in the game when we were 4-0 on Hamilton at half time. About gave themselves heart attacks raging that we had gone to 1 striker. That 1 striker was Kane Hemmings who had already scored 3 and we still had Greg Stewart on the wing!

The response was something along the lines of maybe if people like me had more than 1 brain cell we would win a game occasionally. Figured it wasn’t worth wasting 30 seconds of my life after that.

I’m comforted by the fact that the chances of my seat being near theirs in the New Campy is pretty slim.

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

I say it purely because the pubs in Edinburgh are far superior to anything in Paisley; that, and the fact Paisley is a fucking hole. 

Also include the fact that you probably don't want to be hiding in a hedge in Paisley and its understandable you prefer Edinburgh.

26 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

I did snap back at them once in the game when we were 4-0 on Hamilton at half time. About gave themselves heart attacks raging that we had gone to 1 striker. That 1 striker was Kane Hemmings who had already scored 3 and we still had Greg Stewart on the wing!

The response was something along the lines of maybe if people like me had more than 1 brain cell we would win a game occasionally. Figured it wasn’t worth wasting 30 seconds of my life after that.

I’m comforted by the fact that the chances of my seat being near theirs in the New Campy is pretty slim.

Here's an idea - lets have a 'moaners' section at New Campy for the "Eh've paid my money, eh'll say what eh like" brigade.  And put it behind glass so they cannae be heard on the park .........

Here's an idea - lets have a 'moaners' section at New Campy for the "Eh've paid my money, eh'll say what eh like" brigade.  And put it behind glass so they cannae be heard on the park .........

Great idea but the glass would need to be bulletproof, too tempting a target otherwise...

On 12/05/2018 at 13:37, Shadow Play said:

:lol::lol: I thought it seemed like a long season.  I only got the photo a couple of weeks ago as part of my daughter’s birthday.

I was going to say it must have been in the winter months because Haber has got gloves on :whistle.

TBF Shadow, I think our man Haber pulls out the gloves around the middle of August, and doesn`t put them away until the middle of May. And now for tin hat time: I think Haber is twice the player (when fit) that Moussa is, and although it would seem that McCann loves the moose, and many in our support seem to be warming to him I believe that if we play next season with Sofien starting every game then we`ll be right in the s*it at the end of the season as usual. We might be there regardless, but if NM think`s we`re fine with Moussa up front then I fear for us already!

Edited by CanadianDee

22 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I thinks Deacon is pretty pish to be honest. Also thought Wighton was quiet today, probably knackered after a lot of games in a short time. The General has turned out to be a lot better than expected. An exciting summer ahead!

I hope this post doesn`t bite me in the arse spud, but I think the General has looked great: powerful, no nonsense defender that may find the net a few times as well from his aggressive play when we have corners.

TBH my worries for the next campaign all stem at the other end of the park really. If we can unearth a gem of a striker that we obviously don`t have (unless one of the youngsters like Henvey or Scott goes on a tear) then I think we can be playing to nip in for the 6th spot. 

If NM thinks we`re good with Moussa, and attempts to sign Murray, and AJLS then I`ll have the fear.

Edited by CanadianDee

5 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Thistle :wub:

jagfox I have no bad feelings towards Thistle supporters, in fact I like Partick as an away day, and I admire yourselves and Murn supporters for sticking by your clubs with the two of you in the belly of the old firm beast, but..........

if you fellas don`t seriously up your game against livi you`re going to get papped by that aggressive pressing game they play. Yesterday for large portions of our game you couldnae tell which team had the deck chairs oot and which team was fighting for their lives. On top of that we had what appeared to be a 12 year old boy in goals, a few no hopers like Randy and ElBak, and then a couple more boys that looked slightly older than our keeper playing. 

I hope Livi don`t somehow manage to sign up a couple of players on `amateur` contracts .. cough Kachloul cough.. before mid week to surprise you. Good luck though.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

That good or bad business from both clubs' perspectives?

I've posted my thoughts on your thread! Basically, we'll have offered O'Hara something and he's a terrific prospect - could go on to have a great career, but he's anonymous far too often and doesn't bring as much to the table as Kamara and McGowan do, so I'd hoped we'd be strengthening in that position. Wee bit gutted to lose him though.

Kevin Holt is a steady left back. He won't pull down any trees and I've never seen a player play so nervously every week. Doesn't help that he's been our designated 'boo boy' for his duration at Dens. I don't think McCann had any intentions of offering him a new deal.

7 hours ago, Girth said:

Which away day is best for next season Dees? Me and my mate thinking of coming up for a game. 

Looking at St Mirren as got a mate in Paisley...

Tynecastle Girth, Edinburgh(hopefully in August, Fringe). Forget about watching Dundee and just get fucked up,  need any help just call me, I'll help f**k you right up mate.