All things Dundee FC

22 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

You are spot on for me Rumps. The tell tale absent one in your list should indeed not come into any Dee preference until the majority of their fans acquire the humility that a decade downstairs will surely nurture.

I like to think that in 10 years time we'll be debating whether they should have another decade for the good of their souls. (Spoiler; yes).

19 minutes ago, The Master said:

A decade downstairs will leave them without any fans in which to nurture humility.

There would be a handful of seriously old timers still going along saying how much they enjoy escaping from the hectic city outside. "Modern life is rubbish.  It's great to be able to relax in space at Tannadice, without any hassle or noise and know everyone else in the ground by name. "

(I'm pretty sure they were saying something like that about us not so long ago - except when they were predicting we'd be the next Tesco Extra store.)

Edited by rambling syd rumpo
typo

There are four clubs still scrambling to be in the Premiership next season. Only one will make it. I've put them in the conventional order of preference for Dees.

1- Partick Thistle

2- Ross County

3- Livingston

Pretty much this although it’s always nice to have a comfort blanket of a no hoper, which after successive promotions Livi would certainly be. Hopefully Jack Ross fucks off to Ipswich too.

ETA - because it would be a shame if Sainties went down and we lost touch with the Tam. The only Saintie I can tolerate.

I'd like us to take a look at Dunfermline's goalkeeper Lee Robinson. They brought him in in January and has kept 12/20 clean sheets since he joined. Think he also played for Rangers when they were coming up through the leagues.

I'd like us to take a look at Dunfermline's goalkeeper Lee Robinson. They brought him in in January and has kept 12/20 clean sheets since he joined. Think he also played for Rangers when they were coming up through the leagues.

Maybe a good 'keeper but he's a posey wee p***k. Puss you'd never tire of punching.

Oft.

Nah. Just nah. He's utterly rancid IMO. Really poor keeper that has ideas above his station.

That being said, I remember once being extremely upset as he dribbled from his goal deep into the Dundee half in the John Brown era.

Parish is comfortably better IMO.

If Partick get relegated, I would absolutely Randy Marsh it if we got Cerny. Outstanding keeper. And I'd love to be on the other side of the seethe that his time wasting generates.

Wouldn't thank you for Fox or McCarey.

Neil Alexander is still a cracking keeper but he's 40.

So since we don't have an agreeable option, let's just get Speroni, yeah?

There are four clubs still scrambling to be in the Premiership next season. Only one will make it. I've put them in the conventional order of preference for Dees.
1- Partick Thistle
2- Ross County
3- Livingston

If Livi came up, they'd be the Brechin of the top flight.

Maybe a good 'keeper but he's a posey wee p***k. Puss you'd never tire of punching.

Oft.

Nah. Just nah. He's utterly rancid IMO. Really poor keeper that has ideas above his station.

That being said, I remember once being extremely upset as he dribbled from his goal deep into the Dundee half in the John Brown era.

Parish is comfortably better IMO.

If Partick get relegated, I would absolutely Randy Marsh it if we got Cerny. Outstanding keeper. And I'd love to be on the other side of the seethe that his time wasting generates.

Wouldn't thank you for Fox or McCarey.

Neil Alexander is still a cracking keeper but he's 40.

So since we don't have an agreeable option, let's just get Speroni, yeah?

That's me telt[emoji23]

In all honesty though he has impressed me any time i've seen him, but maybe I've not seen him enough. Sounds like a bit of a w****r and after a few seasons of Scott Bain I'm happy to give him a miss.

I'm not entirely sure Cerny is as good as Thistle fans make out tbh so I'm happy enough with Speroni.

First things first McCann will have to decide if he is keeping pariah as his #1 or his#2

The thing going through my mind is has he warranted a fist team spot, in my mind he has.
I dont think it’s been HIS performances that warrant being #2 it’s the lack of a consistent back 3/4/5 changing formation every week and the lack of consistent game time in the last 2 years.
Fair enough he has had a few howlers but every keeper does at some point
I’d fully endorse parish for #1 next season

Although I wouldn’t mind a cerny,Robinson or whoever to keep him on his toes instead of the “wee” youth keeper we have

8 hours ago, Fifespud said:

ETA - because it would be a shame if Sainties went down and we lost touch with the Tam. The only Saintie I can tolerate.

I'm  sure i'd drop in now and again Spud, would certainly be in here more than the fucking Dayglo thread. Just mentioning those c***s gives me the shivers, then mild anger.

9 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

That's me teltemoji23.png

In all honesty though he has impressed me any time i've seen him, but maybe I've not seen him enough. Sounds like a bit of a w****r and after a few seasons of Scott Bain I'm happy to give him a miss.

I'm not entirely sure Cerny is as good as Thistle fans make out tbh so I'm happy enough with Speroni.

We conceded the fewest goals and he was an inspired signing. You can probably count on one or two calamities a season and he’s the sort of w****r you want in your side - knows how to get players and fans rattled. He conceded a 30 yard tame header in his last game against us for Queens so expectations were not high.

Just now, Dee-funked said:

Out of contract at Wednesday, already been announced he's leaving. I'm assuming you have a bit of insider info :rolleyes:

Yeah I noticed he was leaving the Owls, no insider info at this time unfortunately, but at 32 and having never played for his hometown club and not even in Scotland since 2006, he may fancy a crack at his boyhood team^_^

Does he support Dundee ?
I would think if he came up North he would go to the likes of Aberdeen or maybe Hibernian .

A good player

He’s from Ardler, knew his big brother Mark back in the day, who was a Rangers fan iirc. Not sure about Ross’ leanings though.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Does he support Dundee ?
I would think if he came up North he would go to the likes of Aberdeen or maybe Hibernian .

A good player

I remember seeing somewhere he supported Dundee, maybe an old interview

Yeah I know he went to lawside and trained behind my house ( beside fire station )

Haha we used to play football behind the fire station all the time when I was younger. Loads of my mates went to Lawside, I was at Kirkton High, not the smartest move when you’re from St Mary’s [emoji85]

Ha I went to kirkton also and lived on same street as lawside school.
Yeh I played in that park all the time. Used the trees at bottom of park when they got rid of goal posts in summer

Aaaahhh, trees for goalposts, the good old days haha Simpler times