All things Dundee FC

Heard a deal has been done to sell Caulker for a record fee, but he’s entitled to 50% of the fee. Probably bollocks, but it’s good to get the rumours going.

Any clue on the club?

Any clue on the club?

Celtic were mentioned, but again, probably a load of shite. The 50% thing did seem plausible, it may have been agreed to make up for reduced wages etc, but I suppose that’s what makes it a good rumour.

Although as far as I’m aware when a transfer fee is agreed for a player, it’s usually paid in instalments, so I don’t know how that would work in the above circumstance.

59 minutes ago, K.T said:

Celtic were mentioned, but again, probably a load of shite. The 50% thing did seem plausible, it may have been agreed to make up for reduced wages etc, but I suppose that’s what makes it a good rumour.

Although as far as I’m aware when a transfer fee is agreed for a player, it’s usually paid in instalments, so I don’t know how that would work in the above circumstance.

I'd heard there was some deal already set up with them from a Celtic supporter in my work but again don't know how reliable that is...

I'd heard there was some deal already set up with them from a Celtic supporter in my work but again don't know how reliable that is...

Personally, I would prefer it if he went down south, but if we get a decent fee for him then I won’t be too disappointed. That being said, I’d like to see how he looks next season with a full pre-season under his belt. He’ll know the club better and his team mates. This constantly changing CH’s is no use.

2 minutes ago, K.T said:

Personally, I would prefer it if he went down south, but if we get a decent fee for him then I won’t be too disappointed. That being said, I’d like to see how he looks next season with a full pre-season under his belt. He’ll know the club better and his team mates. This constantly changing CH’s is no use.

Yeah same here, I don't think we've seen him anywhere near his full potential so another season would be good - I'll not be too upset if we get a good wedge of cash but I'd much prefer he either went back down south or somewhere like Rosenberg so he didn't come back to haunt us too much!

I think Caulker is beginning to look like the player he was. Very calm and calming. Becoming more influential. Would be great to keep him but if he gets fully back to his best his future will be elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think Caulker is beginning to look like the player he was. Very calm and calming. Becoming more influential. Would be great to keep him but if he gets fully back to his best his future will be elsewhere.

Yeah he's definitely getting there, a full pre season with the team and I think he'd be an awesome player to have - unfortunately I think other teams will have seen that too...

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Scott Bain, Kevin Holt, Jon Aurtenexte, Julen Extabeguren, Kosta Gadzhalov, Nicky Low, Mark O'Hara, Jesse Curran are all out of contract in the coming weeks. Other than O'Hara, I don't think there'd be an ounce of disappointment if we lost all of them. I'd like Holt to stay but we need a better LB.

Holt and O'Hara as long as their not wanting too much to stay, both can do a job, consistency has been their issue. Curran a definite stay

Id like to keep Holt, I dont think he is great, but he doesnt deserve the stick he gets.

The rest can go. O'Hara is good for a goal against Rangers, then goes into hiding for the next ten/dozen games, he is an absolute passenger most of the time.

4 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Holt and O'Hara as long as their not wanting too much to stay, both can do a job, consistency has been their issue. Curran a definite stay

Not too fussed about Holt but I think O'Hara could come good with a bit more work. Thought Curran had already been offered/signed a new deal?

I like Holt, don’t really know why but he can play anywhere on the LHS including CH. O’Hara might just need time but he must have played 150 first team games now, when will it happen. Curran gets guys excited with his direct running but I’ve never seen him get his head up once. You need to see more of him, development games etc to tell if he really has potential. Basically any of them could stay or go and I wouldn’t be too bothered.

Curran has barely played under Hartley or McCann and didn’t exactly light the world on fire with his loans so I’m not sure what some fans expect from him if he can’t even get in ahead of Williams , Vincent,klok and the like

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Curran has barely played under Hartley or McCann and didn’t exactly light the world on fire with his loans so I’m not sure what some fans expect from him if he can’t even get in ahead of Williams , Vincent,klok and the like

He's got lot's of potential to be a really great player at this level IMO but just desperately needs to bulk up.

15 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Michael Gardyne signing on a free. Apparently. 

Dundee signing 30yo journeymen while we sign players in their mid-20s.

Strange world. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, he's scored 69 goals in 410 games.

Another prolific striker signing beckons...

Except for the fact he’s a winger and had never once in his career played up front.