All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think Dundee have been a bit lucky this season? Fair few things have went for you, suppose you need a bit of luck though. Glad you've scraped safety again, the league would be duller without you boys, can't underestimate the value of comedy lads.

Yes it’s just you, you’re a lunatic. 

Tam what team out of both of ours do you think is in a better position going into next season? Saintees appear to be losing a lot of their important players after next week. 

Edited by Yenitit

Being the eternal optimist that I am when it comes to all things Dundee FC, I found what seems to be the only bookie prepared to offer this bet...

80522D6B-BE10-473C-99D6-810820D59062.thumb.jpeg.bb4ad7873aa864682197e52d8fbd9ebe.jpeg

I love the related bets underneath - definitely being lapped up by Dees looking for insurance :lol: 

I did similar this time last season, when I stuck the tenner sitting in my Ladbrokes account on Hamilton to beat Ross County when any other outcome meant we were safe ahead of our game against Inverness the following evening. 

I don't think this 9 goal advantage is as comfortable as some people think. I've seen some people online think that there has to be some high scoring results for it to be overturned. Not so. 
Unless my maths is fucked then, if we lose by 2 and Partick win by 2 on Tuesday that would leave them needing a 6 goal swing. If they then beat us by 3 in the last game that's them above us. 
Highly unlikely but football is mental and until we're mathematically safe I'm counting f**k all chickens. 
correct. its by no means the extra point some have suggested. dingwall on a tuesday night is a very difficult ficture. hopefully NM has them fired up as a repeat of the shambles we produced at dens and a similar scoreline and we can find ourselves dragged right back into the shit!

lets just get stuck into them and finish the job.

19 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Yes it’s just you, you’re a lunatic. 

Tam what team out of both of ours do you think is in a better position going into next season? Saintees appear to be losing a lot of their important players after next week. 

You think? Mannus leaving-we have Clark as his replacement with a former Scotland U21 as back up. Millar leaving-we have plenty back up, including an 18 year old in Ali McCann who's being groomed for that role. MacLean leaving-we already have his replacement there, he came on and scored yesterday, player who's played and scored in champions league as well as Europa group stages.

There are 2 players almost agreed to come in next season, 1 us what we need, the other not so much. TW hopes another 2 or 3 will come in after that. Things are actually looking good for us next season.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You think? Mannus leaving-we have Clark as his replacement with a former Scotland U21 as back up. Millar leaving-we have plenty back up, including an 18 year old in Ali McCann who's being groomed for that role. MacLean leaving-we already have his replacement there, he came on and scored yesterday, player who's played and scored in champions league as well as Europa group stages.

There are 2 players almost agreed to come in next season, 1 us what we need, the other not so much. TW hopes another 2 or 3 will come in after that. Things are actually looking good for us next season.

We’ll agree to disagree then. Mainstays of your side replaced by kids isn’t ideal. Murray Davidson’s on his away as well is he not. 

Losing the likes of  Mannus, Millar, Davidson and McLean added to that Easton looks fucked and no O’Hallaran to save you early doors, there’s probably others I’m not up to date on our wee irrelevant Perthshire neighbours. Time to worry as a Saintee?

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

We’ll agree to disagree then. Mainstays of your side replaced by kids isn’t ideal. Murray Davidson’s on his away as well is he not. 

Losing the likes of  Mannus, Millar, Davidson and McLean added to that Easton looks fucked and no O’Hallaran to save you early doors, there’s probably others I’m not up to date on our wee irrelevant Perthshire neighbours. Time to worry as a Saintee?

No worries here anyway. Out of all the players mentioned Davidson would be the only miss. Easton probably wouldn't displace Tanser as wing back, there may be a case for him as the left footed CB but tbh he'll be back up when he's fit. We have a winger , possibly 2 coming in from down south and are trying to get Williams from Fulham. I think we'll be a whole different proposition going forward next season in an attacking sense. I canny wait tbh.

Anyway that's the general  feeling down our way. How are the Dees shaping up for next season? Any word on new signings?

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

There's been shree goals in each game between us this season. You've had six of them though...

Hopefully save our goals for Tuesday then a last day Simon Murray o.g. will do us fine...

Was watching Sky's pre-match footage of goals in previous games between us and Accies and was struck by how poor and static Scott Bain looked at a few of their goals. One thing's for sure, he wouldn't have saved that penalty yesterday. 

Was watching Sky's pre-match footage of goals in previous games between us and Accies and was struck by how poor and static Scott Bain looked at a few of their goals. One thing's for sure, he wouldn't have saved that penalty yesterday. 
wasnt a fan of bain as he came accross as a complete bellend but doubt any keeper in the premiership would have saved that penalty as it was so poor! what made the save even sweeter is that it was that w**k imrie that took it. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

33 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Davidsons expected to sign a new contract in the next week or two. 

Mannus/Clark is much of a muchness and Millar has barely played for the past three seasons. MacLeans been shite the vast majority of this season. 

Our demise has been greatly exaggerated. 

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Davidsons expected to sign a new contract in the next week or two. 

Mannus/Clark is much of a muchness and Millar has barely played for the past three seasons. MacLeans been shite the vast majority of this season. 

Our demise has been greatly exaggerated. 

Yeah, yeah. Losing the mainstay’s of your side but everything will be fine. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Yeah, yeah. Losing the mainstay’s of your side but everything will be fine. 

We're not losing any mainstays, apart from MacLean. Mannus and Clark have played the same amount of games this season, Millar hasn't even featured in a third of our games. 

Theres plenty you can point at to talk about us declining, losing Mannus and Millar is just desperate stuff though. 

Being the eternal optimist that I am when it comes to all things Dundee FC, I found what seems to be the only bookie prepared to offer this bet...
80522D6B-BE10-473C-99D6-810820D59062.thumb.jpeg.bb4ad7873aa864682197e52d8fbd9ebe.jpeg
I love the related bets underneath - definitely being lapped up by Dees looking for insurance [emoji38] 
I did similar this time last season, when I stuck the tenner sitting in my Ladbrokes account on Hamilton to beat Ross County when any other outcome meant we were safe ahead of our game against Inverness the following evening. 

Not quite the same as my £1300 on us to go down last season after we'd lost 6 in a row and my winnings went on the opposition each week.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

emoji404.png | We are delighted to confirm that Elliott Parish has extended his contract with the club #thedee https://t.co/aWguxqdjf2

I'm not saying he wasn't going to get re-signed anyway but it's yet another contract getting handed out on the back of a player having a good performance.

Not complaining though. Bain never saved one penalty in all his time with us. 

I like Parish. He's probably the nicest keeper we've had personality wise since Speroni. He's not the best keeper but he's not the worst either. Probably lower end Spfl Prem keeper.

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Correct Dee Man, based on Bain's previous form at attempting to save penalties he would've surely already landed himself securely onto two knees in a half-hearted dive attempt well before that rat Imrie even kicked the ball leaving him with miles of open net to roll the ball into. 

Say what you will about Parish and the various pluses and minuses of his overall game he didn't dive too early, and he also kept his eyes focused on the actual ball to then be able to adjust if need be and that allowed him to adjust and most important cover the ball after he got a leg on it.

Plenty of garbage/mishit penalties still find the back of the net because the keeper has landed himself in one corner of the goal before the penalty taker has even touched connected with the ball. Well done to Elliot!

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm not saying he wasn't going to get re-signed anyway but it's yet another contract getting handed out on the back of a player having a good performance.

Not complaining though. Bain never saved one penalty in all his time with us. 

Ell told the press last night that the contract was agreed before yesterday's game - Bain did save one from Billy McKay at Inverness last season

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I like Parish. He's probably the nicest keeper we've had personality wise since Speroni. He's not the best keeper but he's not the worst either. Probably lower end Spfl Prem keeper.

Happy to have him as an experienced back-up, but think we really need a proper number 1 for next season. No idea who, admittedly...

31 minutes ago, davidy233 said:

Ell told the press last night that the contract was agreed before yesterday's game - Bain did save one from Billy McKay at Inverness last season

I stand corrected. 

I think if we have at least a settled defence then Parish in goal would be fine. Stability please

He doesn’t shout enough for me. I like a screamer [emoji6]. He’s turned out better than expected though.