All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Ok cheers. Was just reading that he played 9 times that season which qualified him for a medal.

Craig Brown often tells a story about the team photos of that era.....

Apparently he was always told to stand at the end of the line and Shankly would say to him "a pair of scissors will get rid of you once the photo is printed Broon!"

I'm just away to throw a theoretical question out there: If we were to get a mere £1million for Kamara (I'd say he's a bigger talent than Hendry so there's no reason why he can't break our record but just for the purposes of this question) and a further £1million for Caulker, with a promise that say 25% got put back into and above our already agreed playing budget, would you take it?

I've absolutely no doubts if he stays, after a pre season Caulker will step up into being our best CH. Despite our defensive problems, we have some pretty decent CH's at the club anyways though.

Kamara - whilst being extremely difficult to replace - isn't exactly needed in this type of league when the likes of Darian McKinnon are important players in similar positions!

I reckon we are in desperate need of 2 wing-backs, a keeper and a whole new strike force. If Kamara is to go we'd need another central midfielder (Nils Rutten ;))

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm just away to throw a theoretical question out there: If we were to get a mere £1million for Kamara (I'd say he's a bigger talent than Hendry so there's no reason why he can't break our record but just for the purposes of this question) and a further £1million for Caulker, with a promise that say 25% got put back into and above our already agreed playing budget, would you take it?

Id guess both will be sold this summer, although Id like to think we will get more money for them.

Kamara is a tidy player, but has went off the boil a bit recently. He hasnt been utilised to the best of his ability, mainly because our team is so dreadful.

Caulker, if his name wasnt so well know, we would be saying he is absolutely bang average, he has had some good games, and some poor. Based on reputation and past performances, I expected much, much more. Some team in England will no doubt buy him.

I've absolutely no doubts if he stays, after a pre season Caulker will step up into being our best CH. Despite our defensive problems, we have some pretty decent CH's at the club anyways though.

Kamara - whilst being extremely difficult to replace - isn't exactly needed in this type of league when the likes of Darian McKinnon are important players in similar positions!

I reckon we are in desperate need of 2 wing-backs, a keeper and a whole new strike force. If Kamara is to go we'd need another central midfielder (Nils Rutten [emoji6])

I’m definitely for selling but I’d prefer 50% to spend on players/wages.

5 hours ago, kristov said:

It was also the start of a new Dundee tradition: relegating our local rivals.

Half a century ago! What about the  league cup win? Have you seen your club win anything,or even lose a final?Ffs Queens Park have more history if you want  to go far enough back, we enjoy the chase 

Half a century ago! What about the  league cup win? Have you seen your club win anything,or even lose a final?Ffs Queens Park have more history if you want  to go far enough back, we enjoy the chase 

Oft. Still raging.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon we are in desperate need of 2 wing-backs, a keeper and a whole new strike force. If Kamara is to go we'd need another central midfielder (Nils Rutten ;))

We're definitely 'a selling club' so I don't think we can realistically knock back offers forever...

Really glad to hear the board are willing to support us keeping the likes of Caulker if he/we don't feel it's the right move though so while I hope we'll keep Kamara and Caulker for another season to hopefully help build a decent team (and make them better players/saleable assets) if we were offered 1.5m or so for each then I'd be happy to trust McCann to be able to find a suitable replacement.

Would hope the board would keep funding the kind of players we've been attracting so far with any sales money and the rest would hopefully go to getting us financially stable and building the 'nou campy'

Thank you

16 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

If seeing your club win a major trophy is how you measure things it’s time for you to give up supporting St Johnstone.  I genuinely don’t think St Jonnstone will ever win another major trophy.  

10 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

If seeing your club win a major trophy is how you measure things it’s time for you to give up supporting St Johnstone.  I genuinely don’t think St Jonnstone will ever win another major trophy.  

They've had their cup win tho remember, that makes them 'big time' now...

Tbf I suppose it's been the most exciting thing that's happened in their wee village for a while anyway

37 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Highlight of your clubs history is relegating neighbours!!How do you measure success? On things that happened before most of your fans were alive,I genuinely dont think we’ll win a trophy either,but I’ve seen it, been there, done it,even saw you win against Celtic  with Wallace’s winner, you’re only as good as your last season, but I do hope you go down,so you can have your derby

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

2 hours ago, ah-dee said:

not sure if i can justify a season tickets as off to the army but like doing my bit for the club. will cerainly pick up next seasons kits for wearing in my downtime in iraq.

As long as you're not rocking it whilst murdering people that's fine