All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Anyone reckon McCann might chuck it at the end of the season?

Considering how stubborn he is, I can't see it. He better not, as it's took me about a season and half to finally start buying into the c**t.

No chance. We'll do a Man City next season once McCann's style of football finally pays dividends and all players click. Moussa will be top goalscorer and Caulker captain after signing 3yr deal

16 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Oh god I hope so, but cant see it. He no doubt rates himself incredibly highly, it is of course based on absolutely nothing.

3 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Tully says Shrewsbury scouts were up watching Wighton

Screams of lazy journalism to me. They'll have been watching AJLS and the Tele have also picked a random sellable talent they could have looked at.

Also, there's not a chance that Wighton would go to Shrewsbury next season.

Not impossible. I’ve heard a few stories about players boozing and a bit of general discontent - but that’s from a family member of a player not currently starting. The players still seem to be playing for him to be fair.

As much as I am happy that Utd didn't make the final, the tactics of Roma were deplorable and, sadly, nothing new. I'm glad Liverpool ruined the party by turfing them on their own patch.

A couple of other Scottish teams' Euro Cup exploits can be read about here:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2011/apr/29/joy-of-six-european-cup-semi-memories?CMP=twt_gu

If only the draw was as kind to Dundee in 1962-63 as it was to Celtic in 1966-67.

Celtic, Sevco and Swansea are interested in Kamara according to the Sun/BBC football gossip page - would like him to stay but if he does go you'd hope we'd get a decent wedge for a 22 yr old full international

Get a million in cash, pay for Charlie Adams wages for a couple of seasons, sell some extra season tickets by signing a big name, good business if you ask me...

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

Celtic, Sevco and Swansea are interested in Kamara according to the Sun/BBC football gossip page - would like him to stay but if he does go you'd hope we'd get a decent wedge for a 22 yr old full international

If he wants to test himself and develop his career then Swansea is the only logical choice there.

47 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Get a million in cash, pay for Charlie Adams wages for a couple of seasons, sell some extra season tickets by signing a big name, good business if you ask me...

We got more than that for Hendry so I'd hope for a better offer tbh - wouldn't say no to Adams tho if he's ready to come

47 minutes ago, Girth said:

If he wants to test himself and develop his career then Swansea is the only logical choice there.

Yeah that'd be my thinking too, definitely more chances of developing down there than at either of the old firm. I'd still hope he'd want to stay another season with us and help us kick on next season

2 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Yeah that'd be my thinking too, definitely more chances of developing down there than at either of the old firm. I'd still hope he'd want to stay another season with us and help us kick on next season

That'd be the ideal scenario.

Question is, if he goes - how the hell do we replace him? Some find tbf.

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

That'd be the ideal scenario.

Question is, if he goes - how the hell do we replace him? Some find tbf.

I'm actually looking forward to the next window tbh - for all the on the field stuff has been pretty poor, McCann has done pretty well at pulling in some exciting signings.

Just hope he can focus on getting guys in where we need them and not on replacing the decent players we already have!

I think AJLS, O'Hara, Julen, Wolters, and Malherbe will all be off and McCann will be trying to get Vincent, Haber and El Bak off that wage bill while trying to get Murray signed up longer term.

These moves give him a bit of room to breath when it comes to budget and should hopefully allow him to make a couple of good signings. Like Locheedee, I'm looking forward to the summer. I think McCann has a good eye for a player and like what he done last year with bringing people in on extended trials.

I think he'll have started planning for next season and probably have a few players lined up to bring in on a similar basis over the close season to get a better look at.

1 minute ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I think AJLS, O'Hara, Julen, Wolters, and Malherbe will all be off and McCann will be trying to get Vincent, Haber and El Bak off that wage bill while trying to get Murray signed up longer term.

These moves give him a bit of room to breath when it comes to budget and should hopefully allow him to make a couple of good signings. Like Locheedee, I'm looking forward to the summer. I think McCann has a good eye for a player and like what he done last year with bringing people in on extended trials.

I think he'll have started planning for next season and probably have a few players lined up to bring in on a similar basis over the close season to get a better look at.

I wouldn't mind having Murray in as a squad player but I wouldn't be keen on paying Hibs a fee for him.