All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I wonder if we will install a few thousand rail seats in our new stadium design. It would highlight how forward thinking the board is IMO.

That's the plan for one of the corners. I can't remember the exact figure but it was actually a steeper difference than I thought it would be in cost (not insane numbers but enough that it could be eliminated at the design stage with cost concerns) but hopefully we get a couple of thousand or so.

Whilst I think a standing/singing section is a bit like modern day manufactured football atmosphere. The fact is, other than one end of the Derry, no one sings. No one makes noises that could spur the team on. There's a few spread out throughout the ground of course but never enough to get a section into full voice.
I've thought for years that the atmosphere at Dens was at times toxic and probably a hindrance to our players. I hate hearing negative shouts that are obviously in earshot of the players. If we could get even 500 ST's sold in a standing/singing section - that's your fans who know they want to be in amongst it making the noise. I'm not suggesting we assign banner makers and a drummer, but if this new stadium is to work it's important that we get all those people together and harness whatever positive energy they have to give.
A sparsely filled new-build with no identity and no obvious source of vocal support would be brutal.

Also it's been a while since I checked up in here (our results likely no coincidence) but I'm liking the new saintees tagline "don't mean to hijack a Dundee thread but..." :lol:
Some things never change.

36 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Also it's been a while since I checked up in here (our results likely no coincidence) but I'm liking the new saintees tagline "don't mean to hijack a Dundee thread but..." :lol:
Some things never change.

There's a pair of them who are on here all the time, absolutely obsessed, I don't  understand it. tbh.

My thoughts...

This season's been a clusterfuck, however a nice sexy kind of fucking to an extent as opposed to the rough, constant battering of a clusterfuck under Hartley. Under Hartley it was some of the most dismal, insipid displays I've ever seen. He had next to no game plans every week and his tactics consisted of the likes of McGowan in holding midfield. We are better off now by far and McCann doesn't look like he's woke up in an alleyway after a heavy session in the Bush Bar every match day.

However, this season's also been a failure. We cannot compete against the top six sides on a regular basis yet, despite budgeting to do that. We've beat Hearts at home and Rangers at home, but especially away we usually just get pumped rotten. This is because we're simply not good enough yet. Being one of the dearest for entry in the league, tengths simply not good enough. This top six target and pricing is set by the board aswell so fans have every right to be turned off by the top four pricing as many have.

Looking onto next season I think Caulker, Meekings, Wighton, Kamara and Deacon are the only ones who can be part of a solid top six side. Wighton is 20 now and is much better than people give him credit for IMO. He's not a striker though - behind two decent strikers he would set up a lot of goals IMO. He deserves a good first team run now and hopefully the start of next season will see that. We can't just keep hoping he'll be a first team started forever.

O'Hara's been very good the last week but he can't do it over a season, McGowan is fine in the squad but can't be our first choice as season after season has shown. Holt can go aswell now, the odd good game is completed with an omnishambles. He can't be part of a top six side.

We're unlucky in many ways to be in 10th. I genuinely believe we've been quite unlucky this season, but still that's like these fat b*****ds who waltz into supermarkets and ask for a scooter cause of their food intake whilst blaming it on some pish. It's not on. Just eat in moderation ya c***s. 

We must escape these play offs by any means, continue to laugh at United through the summer and come back with 5 new first team starters in preperation for the Derry takeover of Scotland. And ken what Mccann's still the cunto to lead this charge IMO.

Can't be arsed reading this through, took a wee moment of inspiration which may or not be understandable.

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

My thoughts...

This season's been a clusterfuck, however a nice sexy kind of fucking to an extent as opposed to the rough, constant battering of a clusterfuck under Hartley. Under Hartley it was some of the most dismal, insipid displays I've ever seen. He had next to no game plans every week and his tactics consisted of the likes of McGowan in holding midfield. We are better off now by far and McCann doesn't look like he's woke up in an alleyway after a heavy session in the Bush Bar every match day.

However, this season's also been a failure. We cannot compete against the top six sides on a regular basis yet, despite budgeting to do that. We've beat Hearts at home and Rangers at home, but especially away we usually just get pumped rotten. This is because we're simply not good enough yet. Being one of the dearest for entry in the league, tengths simply not good enough. This top six target and pricing is set by the board aswell so fans have every right to be turned off by the top four pricing as many have.

Looking onto next season I think Caulker, Meekings, Wighton, Kamara and Deacon are the only ones who can be part of a solid top six side. Wighton is 20 now and is much better than people give him credit for IMO. He's not a striker though - behind two decent strikers he would set up a lot of goals IMO. He deserves a good first team run now and hopefully the start of next season will see that. We can't just keep hoping he'll be a first team started forever.

O'Hara's been very good the last week but he can't do it over a season, McGowan is fine in the squad but can't be our first choice as season after season has shown. Holt can go aswell now, the odd good game is completed with an omnishambles. He can't be part of a top six side.

We're unlucky in many ways to be in 10th. I genuinely believe we've been quite unlucky this season, but still that's like these fat b*****ds who waltz into supermarkets and ask for a scooter cause of their food intake whilst blaming it on some pish. It's not on. Just eat in moderation ya c***s. 

We must escape these play offs by any means, continue to laugh at United through the summer and come back with 5 new first team starters in preperation for the Derry takeover of Scotland. And ken what Mccann's still the cunto to lead this charge IMO.

Can't be arsed reading this through, took a wee moment of inspiration which may or not be understandable.

Thank you. 

tl;dr

My thoughts...

Thank you. 

I agree with most of that to be honest. If we could get rid of Haber, Moussa, AJLS and FEB that would be a result. One good striker plus Murray cos he’s derried and hopefully Wighton, Henvey and young Cedwyn can fill in the blanks. I’d keep Kamara, Gowser and probs Deacon - obviously young Spence because he’s signed and cheap - so we need 1 quality playmaker type midfielder and one quality wide player. We keep Caulker, Meekings and the General because they are all signed - O’Dea bye bye we have young Waddell as a reserve. Fullbacks are tricky. Holt I think has to go - Jon not so sure. O’Hara as cover at RB/utility of punt? Cammy??? We definitely need another experienced keeper, preferably to start.

Basically 5 decent players would transform the squad and we could get rid of about 10.

18 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

We were obviously watching a different game on Saturday because I thought deacon was excellent as was Kamara. Deacons inability to cross the ball is frustrating but I think he offers a lot elsewhere. Moussa is certainly not a striker but I felt his hold up play was excellent and as soon as he went off we were finished. I think we have enough to stay up and but for some criminal defending we might have got something on Saturday. 

Also Haber probably hasn’t been interested cos he’s been injured m8. 

My post was in regards of the season overall.

Kamara was very good, Deacon was not outstanding, not even close, its a hyperbolic statement.

Deacon has played in 26 league games, has and scored 1 goal, and has 3 assists, for an attacking midfielder, second striker, winger, or whatever one wants to call him, his stats are dreadful. People keep saying he is playing good, evidence shows he really isnt. We dont get points based on people thinking he does well, we get points based on goals, its as simple as that.

Haber hasnt looked interested all season, apart from the derby game where he was excellent.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

If we went on stats regarding each player who would we have left?
We have conceded the second most
We scored the second fewest I think.

Fun times ahead

We would have Kamara playing on his own.

Every player, apart from Kamara (rightly) and Deacon (incredibly wrongly) seem to get a bit of regular criticism over their performances. Deacon is a truly dreadful player, Id almost be tempted to say he is worse than Moussa, almost. He looks decent with the ball, until he either passes, crosses or shoots, which is kinda important.

Id struggle to give 5 players pass marks this season, yet I keep reading we are playing well, things will click, we are just unlucky, one wee break will turn our season. Come on, anyone with any rationale or logic will be able to see that we have played 33 games, we are absolutely where we deserve to be. Fans need to stop this fantasy world stuff and accept that we simply are not good enough, and that this season has been absolutely dreadful.

7 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

McCann has made more from the transfer market in the last six months than Perth Blues have made in the last 10 years.

Regarding our current woes we're only really lacking goals. If we scored more it would take the pressure off the defense. I honestly think a creative midfielder and genuine finisher would sort it. A keeper would be my next priority.

I really, really don't want to see 10 players arrive in the window, regardless of which division we're in. Continuity is really important and one of Hartley's big failings in his time with us. IMO McCann should also be a lot more consistent in his selection, but he seems to be learning that gradually. 

Totally agree with you. Some of the doom and gloomers on here near have you slitting yer wrists at times! 

We’re shite,

We’ve no decent players,

We’re doon,

We’re negative as f**k, 

The contracts are too long,

The contracts are too short,

The manager’s clueless 

The board’s a joke,

Club’s going backwards,

Worst team we’ve ever had.... 

Edited by Yenitit

Who is this mythical Dundee fan who keeps saying we’ve been unlucky and one wee break will turn out season? Not on the wind up but I’ve not read that. Mostly on here we all seem to agree we’ve been shite?

Out of curiosity has McCann’s appeal against his 2 game suspension been heard yet? Was he in the dugout for the Celtic & Rangers games?

Having your manager miss some of the post-split games presumably wouldn’t be ideal.

He was in the dugout for both those games.

14 hours ago, srw said:

Deacon has played in 26 league games, has and scored 1 goal, and has 3 assists, for an attacking midfielder, second striker, winger, or whatever one wants to call him, his stats are dreadful. 

TBF I would like to see how many chances he has set up, 3 assists is poor but if your job is to set up strikes for Moussa.....

I'm not trawling back through the pages and I'd have a few who could probably find it but many have said it after each game we play of how unlucky we were.
Moussa holding play up really well etc.

My negativity goes around facts.

The thing is as shite as Moussa is he does hold the ball up reasonably well.