All things Dundee FC

Dundee fans in a nutshell. 
"McCann was a cracking player for us but needs gone, being a legend in the past means nothing if he's not going to help us now" 
"Who should replace him?" 
"A 70 year old manager who hasn't held a job at this level, or any level, for almost eight years" 
"Why?" 
"He's a legend at the club" 
Never change. 

I think (hope) most of the bring home Jocky posts are made solely to hook you and our other, mummy’s boy, stalker. Looks like it works though.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

"McCann was a cracking player for us but needs gone, being a legend in the past means nothing if he's not going to help us now" 

"A 70 year old manager who hasn't held a job at this level, or any level, for almost eight years" 

"Why?" 

Never change. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I think (hope) most of the bring home Jocky posts are made solely to hook you and our other, mummy’s boy, stalker. Looks like it works though.

See my signature. It's more than the fact he's a legend. It's destiny lads.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Why?" 

Never change. 

All the posts calling for Jocky to come back are definitely 100% serious IMO.

I agree with most of that other than I think it’s a system that MIGHT work against lower opposition. Yesterday was the classic shitfest that Hartley resorted to roundabout Xmas last season. It’s a pity Haber is ‘injured’.
I'd take 8 shitfested draws until the end of the season.

Think some people should just stay in the house on a Saturday afternoon tbh. I've moaned about results, formations, line ups and tactics a lot this season but it's getting to the stage where we need to actually support the team. 8 games left, 2 of them are a right off but the other 6 are winable games. 1st half yesterday we played well so keep that going, swap Murray for ajay and I'd probably start jon or Holt and that team imo will pick up the points needed to stay up. 

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

He has brought in some really good players, Kamarag, Caulker, Spanish Jon, Meekings, Deacon, Murray not forgetting Hendry and Allan.

Kamara and Hendry have been good, the others have been average at best.

You think we have 6 really good players at the club now, thats just staggering.

7 hours ago, Girth said:

On the plus side, how shit are Thistle and County!?

Probably all around the same level on the Bristol Stool Chart with County the most runny. Thank you.

14 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I know most people think McCann should go, but does anyone genuinely think the board will pull the trigger? I just can't see it.

No I don’t think the board will.  They stuck with Hartley as long as they could and  McCann’s still got 2 years of his presumably expensive deal to run.  

McCann talks a very good game and I’m not convinced Nelms has a great knowledge of football.  I think McCann would run rings around Nelms.

I personally think there is  just enough quality to see us get out of this with someone else in charge.   I just don’t think McCann has a clear enough mind to make the most of what he has assembled.

I know most people think McCann should go, but does anyone genuinely think the board will pull the trigger? I just can't see it.
I don't think he'll be sacked but it wouldn't surprise me. I definitely think they'll have scouted the options and it's maybe the case that if somebody from a good level is definitely interested and receptive, they'll pull the trigger. Could see a Billy Davies type having that pull tbh.

Don't think they'd have expected much more than what we saw yesterday though. If it gets worse and relegation looks imminent, I don't really think we'll have many options at that stage apart from maybe just taking a throw of the dice on Jimmy Boyle.

DYoml-lW4AAOCKx.jpeg.1ad308b5c1f5d26cb3cf993aff0ffd7d.jpeg

Eric Nicolson generally nails Saints rumours. Robert Thomson, who gets everything about saints right, says McGowan has rejected a contract from Dundee. 

What type of player is McGowan, would he work well in a 4-4-2 beside Murray Davidson? An upgrade on Paul Paton? 

Edited by RandomGuy.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

DYoml-lW4AAOCKx.jpeg.1ad308b5c1f5d26cb3cf993aff0ffd7d.jpeg

Eric Nicolson generally nails Saints rumours. Robert Thomson, who gets everything about saints right, says McGowan has rejected a contract from Dundee. 

What type of player is McGowan, would he work well in a 4-4-2 beside Murray Davidson? An upgrade on Paul Paton? 

I'm probably an upgrade on Paul Paton tbh

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be genuinely shocked if McGowan joined St Johnstone.

Is it really that surprising? He's pretty much a perfect Tommy Wright style player and I could see him being offered a decent contract there. If we go down, he'd be daft to hang about so it makes sense that he'd go.

I don't know what his relationship is like with McCann but that could also be a pull even if we do stay up.

48 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

RG ffs man do you really need to ask what type of player 30 yr old McGowan is and how he would fit in with MD, do you know anything about football ?

Calm down before you kill yourself you daft auld c**t.