All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Widge said:

I fail to see how a 2 legged play off with a home game each is weighted in the Premierships favour? Especially if it’s the second place Championship team because they will play exactly the same number of games at the exact same times of the season?

If you look at only the Play-Off itself, the Premiership team comes in at the final only whilst the Championship teams have to play games to get to the final so it seems to favour the Premiership team.  But, that's not an argument that holds any water because both teams in the final play the same games in the period leading up to the final.  The only real advantage is that the Premiership team is at home for the 2nd leg.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres this myth that since Championship clubs play two games the week before its unfair, despite the schedule being the exact same for top flight clubs. Its just their way if excusing being absolute shite. 

I think it's because it's ended up being the case that the top flight team has had the opportunity to rest it off as their fate has been secured a game or two early so they've generally had the chance to basically rest up a wee bit earlier. It'll be really cutthroat for the bottom two places right to the end this season so I don't think it'll be a valid excuse.

I do worry though that we're due another relegation from the play offs this season....

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs had the fourth biggest wage bill in the Country last season. Them and Rangers aren't indicative of Championship quality.

The gulf is massive.

Budgets although are a fair indication of how a club should perform, it is not an exact science, I wouldn't say the gap between the play off finalists would be huge as you say, the reason why most teams who finish 2nd bottom in the Premiership retain their place is due to the fact the play off setup is heavily in favour of the existing team staying in the top league.

I think it's because it's ended up being the case that the top flight team has had the opportunity to rest it off as their fate has been secured a game or two early so they've generally had the chance to basically rest up a wee bit earlier. It'll be really cutthroat for the bottom two places right to the end this season so I don't think it'll be a valid excuse.
I do worry though that we're due another relegation from the play offs this season....

11th in the Premiership and 2nd in the Championship, assuming it is those two contesting the final, will each have played 40 league/play-off games that season. It only disadvantages teams finishing 3rd or 4th who would play 42 games.

There are two ways clubs can avoid said disadvantage:
• Keep current set-up but do away with 'quarter-final' thereby removing 4th place from the equation, or
• Don't stoop to uber levels of diddyness by finishing outside of the top two in the Championship.

14 minutes ago, kristov said:

11th in the Premiership and 2nd in the Championship, assuming it is those two contesting the final, will each have played 40 league/play-off games that season. It only disadvantages teams finishing 3rd or 4th who would play 42 games.

There are two ways clubs can avoid said disadvantage:
• Keep current set-up but do away with 'quarter-final' thereby removing 4th place from the equation, or
• Don't stoop to uber levels of diddyness by finishing outside of the top two in the Championship.

Good post, the only thing I would like to add is, I think the play off final should be a one off played at a neutral venue.

Yes yes, i've seen that one before. (Every day or so it pops up some where on our thread for some reason) 
It's quite a topical choice of pic tbf. There is a growing sense amongst us Arabs that we are hurtling towards the inevitablity that is the Doon Derby 2 in May. (A prospect that is about as desirable to me as a smack in the baws with a sack of wasps tbf).
Just wondering how you lads feel about the prospect, given that there really would be something at stake for you this time.

Would rather avoid it but if it comes our way , so be it ... but confident we would destroy you lot .

30 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Heard it all now, wee McCann heading for a breakdown imo, what I do KNOW, I BELIEVE is that Tommy Wright has made a complaint against me to the SFA, you either believe or know Neil make your mind up, talk about confused dot com lol.

He knows that he believes it.

Just like I know P&B collectively believes you're an insufferable p***k.

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Don’t know about other Dees but I’ve never read/listened to an interview with the Hamilton manager. Who even is the Hamilton manager?

He's currently got Accies with the lowest budget in the league a point ahead of your joke manager.