All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

It's true - he's absolutely dreadful. AJ is hardly the complete striker either but the difference when he came on was massive.

Moussa seems to be a bit dimwitted aswell tbh, He looks like a biological experiment that has went wrong, he charged into Jon during the warm up and sent him flying. 

In an ideal world i wouldn't have to complain about any player but i'm not going to sit and blindly tolerate absolute garbage at the club. I want the club to move forward and the likes of Moussa, Holt, O'Hara, El-Bak and O'Dea aren't going to do it. 

Thank you. 

AJLS has put points on the board for us this season, and is an actual footballer, and he was all over the place for that last 20 minutes yesterday in a good way. I agree with you about Moussa, Holt, O'Dea (Waddell should be on the bench ahead of him), and ElBak, but I think O'Hara just needs to be worked with, and is too young and filled with potential to give up on. Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Just thinking about the game yesterday and Moussa’s performance. He offers f**k all. Ok he puts himself about a bit and tries but he’s not quick, has little ball control, rarely completes an incisive pass, has no nose for a goal whatsoever. In a word, pish. However we will probs need all hands on deck before the end of the season.

Aye, he's not very good. When O'Hara burst into the box Moussa stood right beside their defender rather than taking a couple of steps back and screaming for a cut-back to pass it into an empty net. Basic stuff for a striker. 

The booing of players hopefully will stop but I think it’s comes from a frustration of knowing some of these players shouldn’t be here. The arguing back and forward with Bain for example does nobody any good. Maybe keeping a certain left back and couple of strikers out of the starting 11 who imo aren’t good enough might lift the spirits around Dens.

Not every signing is going to work out but ffs Hartley had an absolute shocker at the start of last season with his signings which hopefully this summer will be rectified if we manage to stay up with most of them only having 1 year left on their contracts. Only Gowser and O’Hara out of Hartley’s signings are good enough to be in our starting 11.  

My difficulty with Moussa is that he isn't a natural goal scorer. He's missed more chances in front of goal this season than I can remember - in his favour he's had two ruled out wrongly, and he can take a penalty.
From time to time he brings the ball down well, or turns his man, but then inevitably lays a pass that is too hard, too short, wrongly directed etc. Then, he is permanently fouling the defender, yes it's good to impress the opposition with your presence, but ffs how many fouls has he given away. And, my wife knows more about the offside rule than him. I don't doubt his effort, it's there to see, but alas the poor man is not the real deal. I won't boo a man that is at least trying, just give us a break with a few goal please!!!

How good was Curran when he came on yesterday? Absolutely superb and played a major part in us pulling that back.

I’d like to see him given a run in the team, either for O’Hara to play through the middle with license to break into the box in the same way, or on the right side of midfield. Seems to have bulked up a bit and has some pace. Really direct too which scares the life out of defenders. O’Hara has been poor for a while too IMO.

I’d like to see him given a run in the team, either for O’Hara to play through the middle with license to break into the box in the same way, or on the right side of midfield. Seems to have bulked up a bit and has some pace. Really direct too which scares the life out of defenders. O’Hara has been poor for a while too IMO.

I feel sorry for O'Hara as he's being played as a wide midfielder and that's not his position. You can tell he's not comfortable out there and yesterday he kept getting dragged into the middle leaving us 1v1 down our right side time after time but thankfully Cammy dealt with it well yesterday.

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I feel sorry for O'Hara as he's being played as a wide midfielder and that's not his position. You can tell he's not comfortable out there and yesterday he kept getting dragged into the middle leaving us 1v1 down our right side time after time but thankfully Cammy dealt with it well yesterday.

What is his position? 

Mark O’Hara suffers from the Blair Alston problem. Doesn’t have any outstanding attributes, doesn’t look good out wide, but never does enough in the middle to convince he can play there. Players like that are so infuriating as well. Always on the cusp of being decent but never are.

box to box midfielder?

I’m going to have to say it again - centre half ffs!

Curran seems slightly limited to me - so limited that all he can do is get his head down and run straight ahead. It’s such a welcome surprise though, given nobody else wants/can do it. Except the aforementioned O’Hara for the same talent limited reasons. He (Curran) made a hoore of a difference yesterday. Terrorised the Thistle defence.

I agree with Ross, Curran was excellent when he came on. From watching the highlights he played a massive part in setting up the first goal as well.

I don't think he's ready to start tbh because he's been ineffectual in previous games but he was really direct and when you're played tired defenders he could be really important in us scoring late on. 

Agree with this. I am If you are going to be to shove one wide it's a better with Gowser.

Curran seems slightly limited to me - so limited that all he can do is get his head down and run straight ahead. It’s such a welcome surprise though, given nobody else wants/can do it. Except the aforementioned O’Hara for the same talent limited reasons. He (Curran) made a hoore of a difference yesterday. Terrorised the Thistle defence.

His best position in the either as the man behind a front two or as a sweeper/libero.

I have serious doubts about O'Hara's tackling ability so wouldn't fancy him as a centre half tbh

How was Parish yesterday?

Could maybe have done better at the goal but can't lay the blame on him. Kept us in the game with a fantastic save with his feet early in the 2nd half at 1-0 so have to say another decent game all things considered.

20 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Could maybe have done better at the goal but can't lay the blame on him. Kept us in the game with a fantastic save with his feet early in the 2nd half at 1-0 so have to say another decent game all things considered.

Think he was wrong footed when he stuck his leg out for that as well. Crucial save.