All things Dundee FC

4 wins in 5 away games vs 4 wins in 15 at home. 14 points gained at home and 14 away in the league.

Is this a coincidence?

Do the players feel more comfortable playing away from home? To be honest, I would say the do, and can see why.

Is there anything that can be done to make them feel more comfortable at home? Would a singing section or something along those lines help improve the atmosphere at Dens, or are on field results the only thing that would help the atmosphere.

Do people think the Hamilton and Patrick results - coming from behind to score late and win - would have happened at Dens?

We have had an issue at home for a while now - and I'd personally like to blame those impatient morons in the Cox for it. We could be 3-0 up at home and some of those cvnts would still moan at the players.

John Roberton got it right when he said we were the worst supporters in the world. It's a a shame our home support is not like the away support.

Go to more away games now down to living away from home, the away support is great and very seldom hear the rubbish u hear at home. When will some sections of supporters realise that putting players down all the time doesn't help them play any better
Totally agree with you bud. I'm the same. Away games are so much better! If only the home fans were as patient as the away fans ! DDYB

Just thinking about the game yesterday and Moussa’s performance. He offers f**k all. Ok he puts himself about a bit and tries but he’s not quick, has little ball control, rarely completes an incisive pass, has no nose for a goal whatsoever. In a word, pish. However we will probs need all hands on deck before the end of the season.

Home form has been an issue for years. In fact wasn't Cowboy McCormack emptied in our First Division Championship season in 1998 because we were shite at home, yet excellent away? Our home support can be hilariously awful though. I've seen Dundee booed off after a 4-0 home win against Ayr United ffs :lol:

Home form has been an issue for years. In fact wasn't Cowboy McCormack emptied in our First Division Championship season in 1998 because we were shite at home, yet excellent away? Our home support can be hilariously awful though. I've seen Dundee booed off after a 4-0 home win against Ayr United ffs [emoji38]

I remember that game.

Some our home support are just fucking bellends.

24 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I remember that game.

Some our home support are just fucking bellends.

It was bonkers. Ayr were a bit of a bogey team for us around then, we went 4-0 up inside 35 minutes, Colin West got dogs abuse for hitting the post just before half time. He was the Freddy Daquin of his time. Ironically, one of his few good performances was in the B&Q Cup Final against Ayr at Fir Park. He absolutely tore their left back to shreds for most of that game. 

Edited by jupe1407

30 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Just thinking about the game yesterday and Moussa’s performance. He offers f**k all. Ok he puts himself about a bit and tries but he’s not quick, has little ball control, rarely completes an incisive pass, has no nose for a goal whatsoever. In a word, pish. However we will probs need all hands on deck before the end of the season.

It's true - he's absolutely dreadful. AJ is hardly the complete striker either but the difference when he came on was massive.

Moussa seems to be a bit dimwitted aswell tbh, He looks like a biological experiment that has went wrong, he charged into Jon during the warm up and sent him flying. 

In an ideal world i wouldn't have to complain about any player but i'm not going to sit and blindly tolerate absolute garbage at the club. I want the club to move forward and the likes of Moussa, Holt, O'Hara, El-Bak and O'Dea aren't going to do it. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

The moose is a disaster, and shouldn't see the field again unless the only option is that I have to play (and I may be a better option tbh). Obviously AJLS and Murray should be the combo, but for some reason our manager and some segments of our support think you need to play with a big lump up front these days, I'm no sure why.

I realise that Haber and Henvey are hurt, but if fit I'd allow Marcus to come straight from a fashion shoot showing up at the stadium 5 minutes before kickoff and I'd let him play wearing a shell suit and trainers before I'd play Moussa. Henvey is self explanatory, laddie seems to know where the net is, and I'm being entirely serious when I say this - I'd play the new boy Cedwyn Scott from the Dev team that's been banging them in since his arrival on deadline day.

Having AJLS on the bench to start the last two games is criminal, and I say this as a big supporter of NM, but he has a huge blind spot where Moussa is concerned. Bottom line is as nice a guy he seems to be and as much as tries hard he is bad at football, and that is a problem for me, a big problem. Watching him stumble around aimlessly and rolling the ball at the other teams keeper and heading it nowhere in particular is doing my head in. Somebody make it stop.