All things Dundee FC

worrying how our keeper is starting to show up badly. The 4th against Ross was everything about a keeper not knowing his position and defending the near post and now today.

Our inability to score, a keeper making mistakes plus the loss of decent players....better be remedied with current new lads very quickly.

Agree with earlier posts re totally changing a system that was working.

Last week O'Dea was absolutely honking.  I know a lot on here don't go in for stats but can anyone tell me the results v Premier League teams with O'Dea in the team compared with when he isn't - convinced it will be a significantly worse. Mind you, Waddell shouldn't have scored last week - you know McCann will drop him if he does. 

Moussa taking, rightly, a lot of flak for his misses but at least he caused the Motherwell defense problems. AJ once again was so anonymous (like last week), apart from his missed sitter, that it is beyond a joke. I hope that I never see him in our shirt again.  El Bak should have been on in his place - may have ended the same way but with his pace and trickery it at least makes the opposition worry. 

On the plus side I thought when Lambert came on he did well . A midfield of Lambert, Kamara, McGowan and O'Hara might be the right kind of blend. A defense of Kerr, Waddell/ Kasunga, Caulker and Jon certainly looks alright. 

Murray and El Bak up front for me but.....  

We’ve lost both our CH’s since the Hamilton game, so I think McCann has his hands tied a bit. I would hope that Caulker and Meekings can form a formidable partnership, with Kerr on the right and Jon on the left of them. Midfield will hopefully get a boost when Deacon is fully fit. I know he’s not a world beater, but I hope he comes on to a game. What it will all come down to is how well Murray does. We have to pray that him and Moussa somehow bang enough goals in to keep us away from the bottom two spots.

7 minutes ago, K.T said:

We’ve lost both our CH’s since the Hamilton game, so I think McCann has his hands tied a bit. I would hope that Caulker and Meekings can form a formidable partnership, with Kerr on the right and Jon on the left of them. Midfield will hopefully get a boost when Deacon is fully fit. I know he’s not a world beater, but I hope he comes on to a game. What it will all come down to is how well Murray does. We have to pray that him and Moussa somehow bang enough goals in to keep us away from the bottom two spots.

Moussa’s had over 6 months of the season to score and he hasn’t managed to get one single goal from open play in the league.  Could you imagine McCann at the start of the season publicly stating he had set Moussa the target of one or two league goals from open play by mid February? Quite rightly everyone would have laughed at such a low target.

Does anyone really think that in the next 2-3 months he’s suddenly going to start scoring?  Stop wasting time with him, Haber, AJ and El Bak.  A big and dramatic rethink of his attacking options is required by McCann.

My one positive for today was that Kusunga looks decent.

That quickly turns into a negative when I realise we've got about 6 decent CH's and yet still, somehow play Kevin Holt at CH. Slap in the pus to the likes of Waddell and Gadz.

I like Holt, and I get McCann's thinking of him being a left footer but ffs.

Too early to say if Kusunga is any good imo. Strangely didn’t have much to do today and I thought he shoulders part of the blame for the first. I’d say we’ve only got 2 defo decent CH’s - Meekings and the big Cauk - hopefully they play every game between now and the end of the season. I’d like to see a midfield of Kamara, Gowser, Spence and Deacon with Deacon adding flair and Spence a bit more bite and footballing ability. Moussa and Murray up front on the basis of Haber is even more pish and AJLS is as slow as a week in the gaol and hardly prolific. The goalie has made a few mistakes but we’ve never seen the French lad. Cammy and Jon at FB please.

1 hour ago, DieDee said:

I know a lot on here don't go in for stats but can anyone tell me the results v Premier League teams with O'Dea in the team compared with when he isn't - convinced it will be a significantly worse.

With O'Dea

Played: 12, Won: 2, Drawn: 1, Lost: 9, Conceded: 24, Clean Sheets: 1 

Without O'Dea

Played: 15, Won: 5, Drawn: 3, Lost: 7, Conceded: 20, Clean Sheets: 3

Too early to say if Kusunga is any good imo. Strangely didn’t have much to do today and I thought he shoulders part of the blame for the first. I’d say we’ve only got 2 defo decent CH’s - Meekings and the big Cauk - hopefully they play every game between now and the end of the season. I’d like to see a midfield of Kamara, Gowser, Spence and Deacon with Deacon adding flair and Spence a bit more bite and footballing ability. Moussa and Murray up front on the basis of Haber is even more pish and AJLS is as slow as a week in the gaol and hardly prolific. The goalie has made a few mistakes but we’ve never seen the French lad. Cammy and Jon at FB please.

I just can't see why people rate Moussa ahead of Haber. Haber is limited and will undoubtedly be pish in a playing from the back style (Which isn't working anyways) but he's double the player Moussa is.

I think Moussa gets more credit than he's worth because he throws himself about the pitch a lot. Haber looks lazy and half arsed but is extremely effective at what he does (When it's played to his strengths). Moussa clearly isn't effective regardless of what you do.

I feel sorry for AJLS because he's being made to look pish too. McCann asked him to essentially play a Simon Murray role today. That's not his game. Ajls is nothing more than a penalty box striker. He's like a younger, poorer man's version of Paul Heffernan. Asking him to harry a defence, take the ball out wide and deliver crosses just isn't his game at all. I think Ajls is a luxury player because he's not the best at what his game actually is but we are onto a loser when we utilise him like we did today.

Also, Deacon is a winger. Purely a winger. Nothing but a winger. The fact he came on and played just behind the strikers was criminal.

I'll go against the grain and say O'Dea didn't do too badly today. Too much pussying about at the back when 0-2 down and McCann showing no sense of urgency. O'Dea showed his leadership qualities today. Parish spent ft apologising to the fans and looked genuinely distraught, and I mean verge of tears material. O'Dea grabbed him, cuddled him and spoke to him. Parish then went to an empty Derry, again to apologise to the crowd and again O'Dea tried to raise his spirits. Says a lot about his character and I still like O'Dea. He's not a bad CH. Just clearly not suited to McCann's style.

Also, can anyone share what McCann and the fan in the main stand were arguing about? Didn't seem like a quick back and forth - seemed to go on for a considerable period.

Don't know but those people in the main stand are idiots. Moved to the derry today just to get away from it.

ETA: Turns out most of the Derry are idiots as well.

Don't know but those people in the main stand are idiots. Moved to the derry today just to get away from it.

I don't know why people choose to sit in the Main Stand. The worst atmosphere in the ground, more poisonous that the BC (Where I sit - and that is saying something in recent times) and easily the most uncomfortable experience in the stadium. If one likes a side on view - I don't get why people choose the Main Stand over the Derry.

I don't know why people choose to sit in the Main Stand. The worst atmosphere in the ground, more poisonous that the BC (Where I sit - and that is saying something in recent times) and easily the most uncomfortable experience in the stadium. If one likes a side on view - I don't get why people choose the Main Stand over the Derry.

It's a long story how I ended up in there tbh but I'll be moving to the Derry next season definitely.

Only been in the main stand a few times myself but whenever there I noticed people are in earshot of the dugout and some tend to voice their opinion. The worst time was when I was in hospitality last season towards Hartleys last days. Loads of Pep Guardiolas in the main stand evidently. You get some ridiculous shouts in the BC where I normally sit but the main stand has far more bell ends.

I sit in the main stand - it’s a legacy of when I took my 3 kids and the family section was there. Most of my mates are there too now so although I go on my own there’s always someone to sit next to. I honestly don’t think it’s too bad. At Inverness and today Moussa won a lot of the balks played up to him and generally gets stuck in. To me Haber offers absolutely f**k all in most games. I know AJLS has scored more goals than the rest of our ‘strikers’ but that isn’t saying too much. In truth all 4, adding in FEB, are way short of the standard required, totally shite.
I used to love DO’D but there have just been too many mistakes and mad yellow and red cards. He’s pish.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I sit in the main stand - it’s a legacy of when I took my 3 kids and the family section was there. Most of my mates are there too now so although I go on my own there’s always someone to sit next to. I honestly don’t think it’s too bad. At Inverness and today Moussa won a lot of the balks played up to him and generally gets stuck in. To me Haber offers absolutely f**k all in most games. I know AJLS has scored more goals than the rest of our ‘strikers’ but that isn’t saying too much. In truth all 4, adding in FEB, are way short of the standard required, totally shite.
I used to love DO’D but there have just been too many mistakes and mad yellow and red cards. He’s pish.

Absolutely spot on.  This whole season has been a disaster up front.

Henvey’s only played 40 minutes and has scored more goals than Moussa has from open play.  Waddell has scored 3 goals.   That’s as many as El Bak who has about a dozen (crazy) shots a game.

Absolutely no point in carrying on with these players hoping and praying that they will suddenly come good.  For me it’s got to be Murray up front with Henvey whenever he is fit again.