All things Dundee FC

Moussa is like one of those work colleagues we’ve probably all worked with.  The type who runs about but doesn’t know what they are doing and when the pressure is on (in Moussa’s case a clear cut chance) goes to pieces and leaves the rest of their colleagues to pick up the pieces.

Moussa missed a few chances today but there's not another striker in the team who would have got in those positions to create the chances in the first place. The one where he turned the defender and the keeper made a good save was actually a fantastic touch and turn.

Moussa missed a few chances today but there's not another striker in the team who would have got in those positions to create the chances in the first place. The one where he turned the defender and the keeper made a good save was actually a fantastic touch and turn.

And then he passed it to the keeper. All well and good creating chances (For himself - He doesn't really create for anyone else) when he's no chance of scoring.

I wonder if we will see Malherbe next week.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Have a look at his shot though Ross.  Weak and centre of the goal.  You should be giving a keeper no chance with a clear shot in the box.  Yes the turn was good but then the pressure was on.  Moussa can’t cope with pressure, that’s why he misses so many sitters.  

No I’m sorry but for me Moussa has had so many chances to score it’s unreal.   He is way out his depth.  How long do you give a striker to score just ONE goal from open play in the league?  We are half way through February and for me that is long enough.

8 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Just because we've got a decent amount of possession doesn't mean we're not playing badly. Any manager with half a braincell would be okay with their team not having a lot of the ball because they're safe in the knowledge that we score practically no goals and are will offer at least one defensive f**k up a match.

No goals but it wasn’t through a lack of creation. Motherwell manager won’t be happy with the amount of chances Moussa and Leitch-Smith had. 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

No goals but it wasn’t through a lack of creation. Motherwell manager won’t be happy with the amount of chances Moussa and Leitch-Smith had. 

We did create more than usual (hardly saying anything) but I wouldn't say we created a lot either, especially after we went 0-2 down.

I get where you're coming from though, our (Moussa's) inability to direct a header a few yards out on target is embarrassing.

27 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Jesus, those tablets must be good.

We only created from set plays ffs....no direction, no creativity and no one actually looked like they thought they would score. McCann spends more time arguing with the fourth official and referee than facing up to the fact his team is piss poor and he's floundering around chopping and changing every week! We're in deep trouble, maybe he can play one of our 50 central defenders he has on the books up front? Oh and playing Kevin Holt in a three man central defence and leaving Kerr  Waddell on the bench is baffling, talk about not hanging players out to dry Neil?

18 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

We did create more than usual (hardly saying anything) but I wouldn't say we created a lot either, especially after we went 0-2 down.

I get where you're coming from though, our (Moussa's) inability to direct a header a few yards out on target is embarrassing.

I’m not even including his header. The 1 on 1 and the other 1 where he bought the ball done really well, held the defender off then ballooned it over the bar were the 2 I was on about. 

Holt’s in the 1st half was every bit as bad as any of Moussa’s.  So were  Kusunga’s 1st half and Leitch-Smith’s in the 2nd half 

Edited by Yenitit

I could agree with that but then they went up the other end and scored. 
Our attendance today was 4663 with 3263 home support.
Piss poor support .
Last 2 home games have been awful.

Big games coming up.

Can't blame Moussa for their second goal, Parish royally fucked it.

Yes, very big games. Hopefully McCann goes back to a similar team that was winning us points earlier in the season and not the one flogging 6 goals in 2 home games to bottom half clubs.

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Can't blame Moussa for their second goal, Parish royally fucked it.

Yes, very big games. Hopefully McCann goes back to a similar team that was winning us points earlier in the season and not the one flogging 6 goals in 2 home games to bottom half clubs.

Don't forget the 2 to Inverness...8 in past 3 home games

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

That’s what’s getting me. We found a formation and a starting 11 that were looking the part, picking up points and climbing the table. Then all of a sudden Holt and O’Dea somehow find themselves back in the side and formation is changed. Hendry was the only regular starter in this period we’ve lost. 

No shape, no bite, no punch, nothing. Does anyone know what our formation was today? We seemed to have 2 guys both playing left back. McGowan/Kamara/O'Hara don't do it in the middle of the park for me. Would like to see Lambert given a chance to play in the 10 instead of O'Hara. Hopefully Meekings and Caulker are in for Tuesday night because we will never pick up another point with O'Dea on the park. Hate singling players out like that but he's just not up to it.

Totally agree. That midfield just does not work and going with a back 5 with Holt in there with O’Dea and a player who has only been at the club a couple of weeks? Madness.

Can't disagree about parish making a c**t of it. But if Moussa did his job and put the ball in the net it wouldn't of came to that. Had ample opportunity ( half a season ) and he still can't score from open play.

Seems it's okay though because his holding up play is pretty good.

He needs to gtf. Hopefully Simon Murray can find the net. Must be shite as a player knowing yer main striker can't score a goal.
We can all see it but McCann can't. Maybe he just needs to practice diving in the box and win some penalties for us as he knows how to score like that.

The problem is, the option after Moussa is Haber and he's even worse☹️

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Is mccann just trying to keep everyone happy by giving them game time which unfortunately isn't working out.

Half way through season and we still have no idea what's our best starting eleven

That’s a good point about keeping everyone happy. Remember an interview a few months ago about him wanting the team to be flexible in their play, I’m happy to stick with a rigid winning one!