All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Bar Hendry we played what looked to be our strongest team available. I take your point about teams resting players but yesterday was not a game we were predicted to easily win and for whatever reason Jack was out it definitely wasn't because we we're fielding a less than first rate team. We'd have probably played our strongest team against a Highland league side.

I guess from my perspective any version of a Dundee team with Moussa, O'Dea, Wolters seeing the field isn't our best team. I'd have Haber, Henvey or ElBak2E ahead of Moussa , and O'Dea is my last pick defender (only play in case of emergency) as I'd play Waddell and even Gadz ahead of him, and I'd play literally anyone before Wolters including Spence with a broken ankle. So it's not my first team, but I get your point that McCann maybe saw that as his best team yesterday, I'm just not sure how, and even though I'm a NM supporter this concerns me.

I just can’t see why we would consider selling Hendry until the Summer, unless he has a release clause.... Surely with a year left at the end of the season his value can’t go down. Unless he gets fucked or fucks someone he shouldn’t?

Just now, Bairnschild said:

Would you say you are better or worse since Hartley left ?

Undoubtedly better. 

We're lacking a goal scorer and will lose more games than we win but you can see there's something there and I think we're definitely premiership standard. The team Hartley got sacked with was completely and utterly brutal and would've taken us down if we didn't get the 'new manager bounce'

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

Undoubtedly better. 

We're lacking a goal scorer and will lose more games than we win but you can see there's something there and I think we're definitely premiership standard. The team Hartley got sacked with was completely and utterly brutal and would've taken us down if we didn't get the 'new manager bounce'

A club your size should be competing for top 6 year in year out.

Good luck, and we'll aim to keep the Dabs down

2 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Would you say you are better or worse since Hartley left ?

I personally think we are playing better football and we certainly have have a more balanced side with better players.   Apart from Moussa and Wolters the players McCann has brought in appear capable of playing the way and in the positions McCann wants them to play.  Unfortunately I can’t say the same for the vast majority of Hartley’s signings.

Don’t get me wrong Hartley did a good job to begin with.   Unfortunately when we lost Hemmings and Stewart it showed how much the team relied on them.  

Hartley will do fine with Falkirk in the Championship.  I just think that he struggled in the top flight when he was up against managers who read the game better.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Undoubtedly better ?

I'm not going on another debate about Hartley guiding us to a top 6 finish however you can't say undoubtedly better. Just yet anyway.
Mccann saves us from promotion but his very own season has us out 1 cup early, nearly out another cup early and we are 10th and fighting to stay up and is him bringing in more players.

I'm not against him for the record but players are needed this window in order for us to move forward rather than fighting to stay up.

I was meaning the team we have right now are undoubtedly better than the one that Hartley was sacked with.  Should've made that clearer.

Undoubtedly better ?

I'm not going on another debate about Hartley guiding us to a top 6 finish however you can't say undoubtedly better. Just yet anyway.
Mccann saves us from promotion but his very own season has us out 1 cup early, nearly out another cup early and we are 10th and fighting to stay up and is him bringing in more players.

I'm not against him for the record but players are needed this window in order for us to move forward rather than fighting to stay up.

Out a cup early? We got the holders and the eventual winners in the quarter final ffs! A bit of luck with the draw and we could of got further yes but we didn't get the luck and went out as expected to Celtic.

I've already said I wasn't there Saturday so can't comment on the performance but we're still in the cup after a poor performance and if we can get through this replay then we've got a winnable tie to get to the quarters again.

We may be 10th in the league but performances have been a lot better overall compared to last season. I believe we're going in the right direction but end of the day points is all that matters and sometimes grinding out results will get us the 3 points instead of the bonnie football.

Signings are required but there's no point in signing someone for the sake of it. January is a c**t of a window as clubs aren't willing to let their better players go so if we're going to sign someone, it'll be a free agent or a loan. I read a quote from McCann saying he's looking to bring players in so we'll see what happens in the next week or so.

58 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Just watched the highlights there.
Darren O’Dinnaevenbather.
And I’m out.

I know Meekings fucked up with the miskick but O’Dea was culpable at missing the throw-in into the box and where he put the ball out for the throw-in. Instead of being a smart arse and trying to launch the ball as far back into the top tier of the main stand he should’ve be trying to hook the ball further up the park or take a touch and try and keep possession. Not good enough for someone playing in the top tier of Scottish football imo. Even another 10 yards up the park wouldn’t have saw the throw-in reach the centre of our box. 

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I know Meekings fucked up with the miskick but O’Dea was culpable at missing the throw-in into the box and where he put the ball out for the throw-in. Instead of being a smart arse and trying to launch the ball as far back into the top tier of the main stand he should’ve be trying to hook the ball further up the park or take a touch and try and keep possession. Not good enough for someone playing in the top tier of Scottish football imo. Even another 10 yards up the park wouldn’t have saw the throw-in reach the centre of our box. 

Never actually thought of that but you’re spot on Yenitit.  O’Dea should have tried to kick the ball out further up the field rather than simply kicking it out the way he was facing.  As well as losing his speed O’Dea seems rigid as though he’s lost his flexibility as well.  That may well explain why he is so easily turned by younger faster players these days.  O’Dea’s attempt at the header was indeed poorly judged.

Meeking’s effort to clear was extremely poor as well but I actually think Kamara has to accept a large amount of responsibility.  He is ball watching when his man runs onto the loose ball.

Overall a very badly defended throw in.  Have a look again.  There appears to be very little communication between the players.  For that O’Dea has to take a massive amount of responsibility given he is the captain and central defender.