All things Dundee FC

Someone will have to talk me through those bizarre subbies today. Scotty Allan was the best player on the park up until he got hooked then the Gowser was just plain daft. 

O’Dea and Moussa starting :unsure2: deary, deary me. I’d say Waddell and even Basque Julen are a better option than O’Dea now. 

Edited by Yenitit

I think ability wise, allan is the best player we have. But his attitude is shite. He seems to think he’s big time. When he gets knocked to his arse and the ref plays on, he seems to sit with his hands in the air for an eternity, rather than get up and get stuck in.

1 hour ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Obviously, there’s not a soul on earth seen Dundee win it, and a whole generation have not seen a trophy won,Queens Park WERE some team too

Ah, yes.  The classic “I’ve got to have seen the win for it to mean something”.  

Still,  if you want to judge things on that level - there isn’t anyone, alive or dead, that has seen St Johnstone win the League Cup or the top league.

15 minutes ago, K.T said:

I think ability wise, allan is the best player we have. But his attitude is shite. He seems to think he’s big time. When he gets knocked to his arse and the ref plays on, he seems to sit with his hands in the air for an eternity, rather than get up and get stuck in.

Still living off the hype from 3 1/2 games at utd

phuck him

Thought between ICTs two goals Dundee played well. Thought AJLS and Cammy had good second halfs, Allan was pulling the strings but El Bak looked good when he came on.

O'Dea is totally finished, and really highlights the danger of potentially losing Hendry. Meekings was totally off it today, I think he was actually at fault for both goals.

Strange sub at the end for McGowan but that didn't affect the shambles that was the second goal, individual errors cost Dundee today, not the subs.

38 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Ah, yes.  The classic “I’ve got to have seen the win for it to mean something”.  

Still,  if you want to judge things on that level - there isn’t anyone, alive or dead, that has seen St Johnstone win the League Cup or the top league.

Never understood this argument. Of course something you've been a part of means more than something that happened before you were even born. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Never understood this argument. Of course something you've been a part of means more than something that happened before you were even born. 

I guess we just have a different perspective on the matter.  Plenty of things have happened before I was born that means more to me than things that have happened since I was born.

I was born before Dundee last won the league cup but too young to go to the match.  If I were to follow your logic should Dundee winning the League Cup mean more to me than Dundee winning the league at Perth?  

9 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I guess we just have a different perspective on the matter.  Plenty of things have happened before I was born that means more to me than things that have happened since I was born.

I was born before Dundee last won the league cup but too young to go to the match.  If I were to follow your logic should Dundee winning the League Cup mean more to me than Dundee winning the league at Perth?  

Well technically yes, I'm in absolutely no doubt that seeing my team winning a trophy would mean more to me than anything that went before. Beating Rosenborg means more to me than when Saints beat a Hamburg team with multiple world cup winners in it, despite the Hamburg result probably being the best in our history. 

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well technically yes, I'm in absolutely no doubt that seeing my team winning a trophy would mean more to me than anything that went before. Beating Rosenborg means more to me than when Saints beat a Hamburg team with multiple world cup winners in it, despite the Hamburg result probably being the best in our history. 

Just out of interest who were the World Cup winners in that Hamburg team? Must have been some age to have been in the West Germany team who won the Jules Rimet in 1954 and in the Hamburg team who lost to Saints in 1971

Edited by davidy233

I'd have Gadz in the team ahead of O'Dea every day of the week. As far as I can remember he's never had an absolute stinker which has justified him being frozen out completely.  Jules  is injured/shit and as good as Darren his been for us the past few seasons he's a complete liability at the moment and he simply can't play. 

Waddell's looked decent in parts but he was seriously exposed against St Johnstone. He's a clear talent but isn't ready for us yet - at least to play consistently.

Assuming Jack does in fact leave, Gadz and Meekings would be my centre backs.