All things Dundee FC

An article in yesterday's Guardian that prompts delicous memories of Caniggia, Ravenelli, Ketsabaia et al, yet leaves a sour taste in the mouth with the shame of administration.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jan/18/the-forgotten-story-of-when-diego-maradona-signed-for-dundee

1 hour ago, Chateau Lafite said:

An article in yesterday's Guardian that prompts delicous memories of Caniggia, Ravenelli, Ketsabaia et al, yet leaves a sour taste in the mouth with the shame of administration.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jan/18/the-forgotten-story-of-when-diego-maradona-signed-for-dundee

5th :lol:

What’s the latest with the new stadium?  Are there still access issues?
I see that plans now include a new crematorium!  I’m tempted to make a witty remark but a) I am not witty and b) it’s probably something that would benefit the city.

You should just be grateful that youve nearly made it through another winter [emoji6]

3 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

You should just be grateful that youve nearly made it through another winter emoji6.png

I am.

It's a bit strange that no one has answered my question though.  Given the amount that all you Funsters seem to know about what's happening at United I thought you'd have some indication as to how the stadium plans for your own club were developing.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am.

It's a bit strange that no one has answered my question though.  Given the amount that all you Funsters seem to know about what's happening at United I thought you'd have some indication as to how the stadium plans for your own club were developing.

Initial consultation stage has closed and they are timetabled to submit a formal planning application sometime between now and the next couple of months. Hotel rights apparently been discussed with a chain who are interested.

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Initial consultation stage has closed and they are timetabled to submit a formal planning application sometime between now and the next couple of months. Hotel rights apparently been discussed with a chain who are interested.

I thought the access was the big stumbling block. 

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I've heard rumours of proposals for various modifications and at the consultation event, they had some drawings which showed a few changes (traffic lights, extra pedestrian access, overpass etc - the pedestrian drawing is on the image above). You may well have heard something I haven't but I'm not aware of anything major right now, there was a bit of questioning about access when the project was announced but that was just a few people curious about how it would work.

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am.

The fact you were months behind with your  information renders it worthless. 

If you’re going to post on the big team’s thread please keep up to date. Thank you x

55 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

New access routes directly from the kingsway just a couple of hundred yards up the road from the BP garage. New road layout required for the exit at the bottom of the timex brae. Traffic lights instead of the current roundabout. 

Only stumbling block is apparently 3 trees that Dundee  would prefer down. These can be left standing if required because they lie between where the stadium is planned to go and the crematorium.   

Upmarket hotel chain pretty much signed up for the 100 room hotel and Tesco metro taking 1 of the shopping outlets available. 

Edited by Yenitit

Good interview by our manager on the stv news tonight. Saying there’s been plenty of interest in Hendry but no bids that make us sit up and take notice. Said we are trying to build the club and the players are aware that we aren’t just about to let them walk out the door unless there’s a good offer placed for them. Let’s hope Keyes and Nelms are on the same wavelength.  

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

Who's the hotel chain or rumoured hotel chain likely to be at the new stadium?

I mentioned I’d noticed in the plans there was a hotel and asked what size in terms of rooms it was. The reply was just over 100 beds (iirc) and that there was a deal pretty much done with an upmarket hotel chain. I never asked who the hotel group was, as I was more interested where the Craig Wighton statue was going.