All things Dundee FC

Don't we have Curran and Kerr ? And Ohara use to play in that position ? ( second bit I could be well off the mark).

We need a goalscorer . Think everywhere we seem not to bad. Allan needs to turn up and show what he is made of

Yeah we do but if Kerr was to pick up an injury keeping him out for 4/5/6 games i'm not sure I'd be too confident in either of those two stepping in. Both very good players but not natural right backs. Curran very good going forward but looked poor defensively when played in there, and I'd much rather have O'Hara playing through the middle.

Striker obviously paramount but I think I'd prefer we signed a right back before we signed another midfielder.

17 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

We don't have a back up left back do we ?

Quigley. Did OK on loan at Stirling last season but not had the best of times at Forfar and is back.

He is 20 now so I imagine he's at the point where if McCann sees the potential, he will be expected to play. Between him, O'Dea and even Kerr/O'Hara/Curran -  I think we could get on OK with freeing up Holt's money and relying on Jon. Worst case scenario, Jon gets injured badly and then in that case, we can move for someone out of contract on a short-term deal to tide us over.

I think Dundee have relied on way too many one-dimensional players in the last few seasons. We've got to cut the size of the squad and maybe get one or two utility players in. McAlister wasn't great but could cover defensive midfield, attacking midfield, both wings and both full back positions. We ended up signing quite a few guys to replace him who were less reliable at doing those jobs. If we do that and keep the 20s involved, we should be able to use our money a little bit better.

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

A signing on the way ...

22 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Don't tease,

GGH :wub:

If it's GGH I'll sell my soul to pay his wages so he never has to leave again.

He's certainly shown that he can find the net from open play, which is a bonus, but don't feel that he adds a whole lot else. Not a terrible piece of business (another 5-10 goals this season would be most welcome), but am hoping something else is in the pipeline...

Ok with that, despite feeling we need better.
I'm not holding out for a striker. Reckon McCann has plans for Wighton to come in and do a job when he's fully fit.

I'll be satisfied if we can secure O'Hara and Meekings extensions beyond the end of the season.

22 minutes ago, dburns said:

I'm not holding out for a striker. Reckon McCann has plans for Wighton to come in and do a job when he's fully fit.

I'll be satisfied if we can secure O'Hara and Meekings extensions beyond the end of the season.

.....and Gowser.

Anyone hear the fitba hacks interview if craig burley? Second episode went into detail about his time at dens. Comes across as an arrogant wee fud. Said the contract he was on at Dundee wasn’t big. I’m sure he was meant to be on around 5k a week. And he didn’t get paid a penny and Ian McCall wanted at the dabs. Pity he didn’t sign for them ????

Funny that Sibbald and Harkins should be mentioned in consecutive posts as the former utterly bodied the latter on Saturday.

If you come for my Tom Taiwo #Dunkirk is dead.

#Dunkirk will never die mate.

Thank you.