All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Ah slightly older than me. I was first year of Kirkton high and second year of baldragon.

The fighting between the Rocky and Kirkton was quite entertaining back then

It was more between Kirkton & Lawside when I was there, which left me in a strange position, being from St Marys and having loads of mates at Lawside :lol:

Yeh I'm up in St.Marys now but a lot of my mates went to forfar ( lived out in Bridgefoot before that ).
Don't think we had anyone else who has came through the school when I was there.
A Scott Johnston played for montrose I think it was. Not sure where he is now , last is heard he moved down to London

I played in the same school team as Barry Donachy who was captain of Utd’s youth team before moving to Montrose. Crackin’ team we had, won the league and cup double, winning the cup final at Dens.

I was at menzieshill high. Can only think of mark fotheringham making it. Think Jamie winter went to meenie as well. Dab Scott Fraser was at menzieshill as well. According to some of the teachers he was a right wee fanny who loved himself. Anyone at school with anyone who went on to play professional football??

3 minutes ago, locheedfcno1 said:

I was at menzieshill high. Can only think of mark fotheringham making it. Think Jamie winter went to meenie as well. Dab Scott Fraser was at menzieshill as well. According to some of the teachers he was a right wee fanny who loved himself. Anyone at school with anyone who went on to play professional football??

Wasn't at school with him but did know Maurice Ross very well. He went to Lawside and kicked about with the same pals as me in St Marys/Ardler.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:
9 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:
Wasn't at school with him but did know Maurice Ross very well. He went to Lawside and kicked about with the same pals as me in St Marys/Ardler.

Ross Wallace went to lawside school

Yeah, another Ardler laddie, knew his big brother Mark back in the day, who actually used to pal about with Maurice Ross lol

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

I also went to baldragon . I'm slightly older but that year they had a good football team. Some good players who didn't make it who could of . Yet kirky seems to be steady at lochee

I was in the year below kirky and there were a few good players in my year, the laddie that was probably best was just to wee to play pro. If ur fae Kirkton or went to baldragon about the same time you'll know who I'm on about

Mo Ross was some player. Sure he played with Dundee west before going to sevco? Remember playing against Paul Clark as well and Phil McGuire

1 minute ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Mo Ross was some player. Sure he played with Dundee west before going to sevco? Remember playing against Paul Clark as well and Phil McGuire

Yeah, Mo was top drawer. Hated playing against him for the school, good chance he'd tear you a new one haha. 

I remember he and Keith Gibson being at Rangers together as kids, they retained Mo but let Keith go. He went to Dundee, didn't make it to the first team but ended up carving a decent career for himself in the lower leagues with Peterhead, Forfar, Arbroath & Montrose.

No travelling either to do it - they were the two schools they merged to make Baldragon.

Mind hearing stories about that, sounded mental. I was at Meenie so it was just the Harris daftys in Lochee Park/Balgay ;)

Anybody else annoyed that there is nothing happening during this window lol. We need a striker and a midfielder but there is f**k all happening 

Seems to be a popular opinion that we need another midfielder but I feel we're more than covered in that area. Would much rather get another right back.

Was in the same class as Lewis Toshney at school. Remember being baffled that he was a defender when he could run rings around everyone.

42 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Seems to be a popular opinion that we need another midfielder but I feel we're more than covered in that area. Would much rather get another right back.

I just think if low and Vincent are away doesn't leave us with much in that area if there is any injuries. 

3 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Anybody else annoyed that there is nothing happening during this window lol. We need a striker and a midfielder but there is f**k all happening 

Nah no really. With the winter break and the 1st game back being the Cup game I never expected any signings until a week today at the earliest  other than a back up keeper. 

I’d be looking to replace El Bahktoui and Moussa with new signings other than that I’m happy enough with the rest of the squad. Wouldn’t mind giving Wolters 1 last chance in El Bahktoui’s position before binning him if he’s pish again. 

Edited by Yenitit