All things Dundee FC

I’ve got a vague inkling we might be getting Simon Murray on loan. Personally I’d give the guy a chance and think he could do well for us but I doubt it would be universally popular!

I'd give any player a chance no matter who they've played for previously. Personally I can't see it happening with AJLS likely to sign on as they'd probably play similar positions.

53 minutes ago, The Master said:

Just seen on the official Twitter there than John McGlashan has died, aged just 50.

http://dundeefc.co.uk/news/john-mcglashan-1967-2018/

Bit of a shocker. Thoughts and condolences to his family and friends.

That is a shocker, thanks for flagging that up. Used to see him all the time in Carnoustie and Dundee.

eta. good player as well.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That is a shocker, thanks for flagging that up. Used to see him all the time in Carnoustie and Dundee.

eta. good player as well.

Condolences to John's survivors, was a player who I always admired, can anyone give a comprehensive list of the clubs John represented ?

Can we even get him on loan? We already have Scott allan on loan from Celtic, can you get more than one player on loan from different clubs in the same league? 
We can get other players from the division but limited to one over 23 year old player at a time so couldn't sign unless Allan went back.

Reading the Tele article of Motherwell's record ever goalscorer, Hugh Ferguson committing suicide at Dens Park when he played for us. I was never aware of this and my first thought was, 'I know we had an unfair support but that's a bit much' - I was shocked to read on that the rumour at the time according to the article was that he did this, 'after persistent abuse from the stands'. I think the story more than shocking me at such a thing occurred at Dens, is quite powerful today because depression in footballers is meant to be widespread and I certainly don't think we've eased off as a crowd over the years.

Interesting read: Link.

I am gobsmacked with this sad news, I was introduced to John whilst he was managing Arbroath and found him to be a very intriguing fella, his passion for the game was undeniable and his knowledge on the game was vast. I'm sat here numb and in a state of shock R.I.P  John taken from us at the tender age of 50, life sure sucks and this puts everything into perspective .

Reading the Tele article of Motherwell's record ever goalscorer, Hugh Ferguson committing suicide at Dens Park when he played for us. I was never aware of this and my first thought was, 'I know we had an unfair support but that's a bit much' - I was shocked to read on that the rumour at the time according to the article was that he did this, 'after persistent abuse from the stands'. I think the story more than shocking me at such a thing occurred at Dens, is quite powerful today because depression in footballers is meant to be widespread and I certainly don't think we've eased off as a crowd over the years.
Interesting read: Link.

Cheers Ludo, had never heard about this.
Terribly sad story.

Reading the Tele article of Motherwell's record ever goalscorer, Hugh Ferguson committing suicide at Dens Park when he played for us. I was never aware of this and my first thought was, 'I know we had an unfair support but that's a bit much' - I was shocked to read on that the rumour at the time according to the article was that he did this, 'after persistent abuse from the stands'. I think the story more than shocking me at such a thing occurred at Dens, is quite powerful today because depression in footballers is meant to be widespread and I certainly don't think we've eased off as a crowd over the years. Interesting read: Link.

There was a piece in the Scotsman prior to Cardiff's FA Cup QF in 2008:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/tragic-scots-fa-cup-hero-who-took-his-own-life-1-1158490

A little known fact in our history which deserves more attention for the reasons listed above.