All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, happyaccie said:

The scumdee fans out in force again after 2  victories, not to worry random they will return to hibernation after the Aberdeen defeat on Friday.

A win on Friday puts us above the match fixers. That’s after  the best start to a season in  cuddly wee Accies history.  

5 hours ago, Yenitit said:

A win on Friday puts us above the match fixers. That’s after  the best start to a season in  cuddly wee Accies history.  

TBF to Accies I dont think this is the best start in their history

In fairness we've largely binned the non-league market this season.
Of the players still in the first team you're looking at these being the players we brought in from non-league:
Moult (Wrexham)
Bowman (Gateshead)
Frear (Forest Green)
Tait (Grimsby)
The signings this season (key and otherwise) have all been from sides who were League 1/League 2 last season (or above):
Hartley (Bristol Rovers/Blackpool)
Carson (Hartlepool)
Rose (Coventry)
Kipré (Leicester u23s) 
Dunne (Oldham)
Tanner (Plymouth on loan from Reading)
Bigrimana (Coventry)
Grimshaw (Preston North End)
Newell (Bolton u23s)
Petravicius (Zaglelie Lubin)
Fisher (ICT)
Griffiths (Motherwell on loan from Everton - signing made permanent)
Plummer (Man City u23s)

Still some decent English finds.

I see ex Hereford United Manager Martin Foyle is your head scout.

He was a shit manager (awful football) but did find the odd good player. Explains the Bowden/Moult spotting for sure.

11 minutes ago, Girth said:

Still some decent English finds.

I see ex Hereford United Manager Martin Foyle is your head scout.

He was a shit manager (awful football) but did find the odd good player. Explains the Bowden/Moult spotting for sure.

Aye. No doubt about that, Marvin Johnson from Kidderminster was one of the best bits of business we've done. Best part of a million pounds recouped from a £40k investment and he bodied Rangers in the play-off.

I was really just curious as to whether McCann had actually managed to implement anything in terms of the scouting/recruitment side of things given he had been as vocal about making it a priority during the summer and that market can be really hit and miss.

FWIW: going by an interview with Baraclough in the MFC Podcast book both Moult and Johnson were brought in by Gary Owers (who's now managing Torquay) but yeah Martin Foyle's been head of recruitment for the past while at Fir Park. Both Alan Burrows and Robinson have been really complimentary about him.

I'm loath to link to The Sun but there's an interview with Foyle here talking about some of the non-league stuff and our recruitment in general here.

McCann seemed to be talking about wanting some sort of infrastructure in place in time for the January window from what I'd read. I'd imagine you'd need to get a fair number out the door first though.

"But I have to admit the process of identifying guys has been hard, because the club really doesn't have any recruitment system behind it.

"It's something I'll be speaking to our managing director John Nelms about it because it's so important. If you ask any manager, he'll tell you that recruitment is top of the list of priorities.

"So we need help. We have been chasing our tails a bit this time. We need a database so that come January if we want to strengthen, we have a wee list we can choose from rather than running about crazy 24 hours a day taking calls, looking on Wyscout, looking at games."

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1393701-neil-mccann-to-ask-dundee-chief-for-recruitment-help/

Noticed the under 20s had a good 4-1 win up in Dingwall today  against Ross County. I wonder if Jack Lambert’s 1st involvement in a while after injury is merely coincidental or do we have a player on our hands here. Results tailed off with him out the side. 

Noticed the under 20s had a good 4-1 win up in Dingwall today  against Ross County. I wonder if Jack Lambert’s 1st involvement in a while after injury is merely coincidental or do we have a player on our hands here. Results tailed off with him out the side. 

Lambert is class tbf

Jack Hendry getting looked at by Celtic?

That’s the paper talk. Celtic, and some teams down south all interested. Jack’s just signed a deal with a new agency so I’m sure they’re just doing their bit to get his name out there. Don’t see Celtic or any teams down south making a move when he’s still got less than a full season’s experience. Maybe at the end of the season.

I won't lie, as much as Hendry is looking like the biggest CH talent we've had since Zurab, I wouldn't be depressed if we got some money for him that allowed us to strengthen elsewhere.

We are well stocked in CH to the point where half decent top flight quality CH's like Gadzhalov can't get in the match day squad.

I'd prefer to keep him but I wouldn't be tanning my wrists if he did go tbf.