All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Totally agree.

I must confess I had a distinct shift in the McCann out direction yesterday.

I'm (sadly) veering towards this sentiment too...

If he goes, who do we get in? I feel we need to do some serious reshuffling in Jan otherwise we're done. 

We really need to splash out on a decent goalscorer. We should be looking at the English lower leagues for strikers and managers (if relevant) I feel. 

Get Vincent, Bain, O'Dea etc. off the books quick. 

Ideally I want McCann to turn it round mind.  

Thought O'Hara was much more effective in the middle of the park yesterday than Spence has been of late, that height was helpful on a few occasions. Would keep the same team for Friday with Meekings in for O'Dea and Allan in for El Bak. Hopefully we can come flying out the traps and grab an early goal.

Not many positives to take from yesterday but a first clean sheet and stopping the rot was about it. Defeat yesterday would have been disastrous and I'm surprised Killie didn't have a proper go.

I'm (sadly) veering towards this sentiment too...
If he goes, who do we get in? I feel we need to do some serious reshuffling in Jan otherwise we're done. 
We really need to splash out on a decent goalscorer. We should be looking at the English lower leagues for strikers and managers (if relevant) I feel. 
Get Vincent, Bain, O'Dea etc. off the books quick. 
Ideally I want McCann to turn it round mind.  

Hartley was a good manager according to some. It's not as if his team is sitting above only Brechin in the championship and lapped out the diddy Irn-Bru cup after yet another defeat in Inverness...

Hartley was a good manager according to some. It's not as if his team is sitting above only Brechin in the championship and lapped out the diddy Irn-Bru cup after yet another defeat in Inverness...

Yes because Falkirks problems are solely down to Hartley and that is a completely fair comparison.

14 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Thought O'Hara was much more effective in the middle of the park yesterday than Spence has been of late, that height was helpful on a few occasions. Would keep the same team for Friday with Meekings in for O'Dea and Allan in for El Bak. Hopefully we can come flying out the traps and grab an early goal.

Not many positives to take from yesterday but a first clean sheet and stopping the rot was about it. Defeat yesterday would have been disastrous and I'm surprised Killie didn't have a proper go.

Meekings for O'dea Gowser in beside Kamara Allan off Haber and Holt infront of Jon.

Edited by JP THE DEE
Fat fingers

Wow. That's complete nonsense and you know it. It's not even a fair comparison.

Wow. That's complete nonsense and you know it. It's not even a fair comparison.

Point was that people have very, very short memories. This year we are in the shite but personally I can actually see us getting out of it. Last season we were in the shite and I thought there was absolutely no chance we were getting out of it. We were fucked. Yet we brought someone in who saved us from said shite yet we're not going to give him a chance to get us out of this? Like I said before, I think we should wait until Christmas.

I can't remember if I've posted this previously but if I have apologies just ignore this post. If not, and it's of interest here's McCann's league record since he took over (not that Dees need reminding).

You're looking at his side scoring less than a goal a game and conceding almost two. He's taken 28% of the points available to him and his win % is 21%. For a bit of context I've included Lee McCulloch's stats up from him taking over from Clark up to him being emptied this season. Draw your own conclusions:

McCann:
League:

P 19 W 4 D 4 L 11 F 18 A 34 GD -16 Pts: 16/57 = 28%
PPG = 0.84
Win % = 21%
Goals Per G: 0.94
Goals Against Per Game: 1.78
Clean sheets: 2

McCulloch
League:

P 22 W 4 D 7 L 11 F 20 A 30 GD -10 Pts: 19/66 = 28% 
PPG = 0.86
Win % = 18%
Goals Per G: 0.9
Goals Against Per Game: 1.36
Clean sheets: 4

Edited by capt_oats

29 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Point was that people have very, very short memories. This year we are in the shite but personally I can actually see us getting out of it. Last season we were in the shite and I thought there was absolutely no chance we were getting out of it. We were fucked. Yet we brought someone in who saved us from said shite yet we're not going to give him a chance to get us out of this? Like I said before, I think we should wait until Christmas.

Agent Ross you are clearly failing you're objectives here, why stop at insisting McCann stays as manager till Christmas ? To be sucessful in the task designated to you, you should be vehemently urging all Dundee fans to give their full support to McCann until the end of the season.

As you have stated McCann is the right man to lead Dundee forward,       Into the Championship lol.Once you have met you're objectives agent Ross you shall once again be welcomed into the Academical family.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Dundee fans don't like stats.
We play good passing football from the back. Mccann will have us at least 10th .
This is not McCann's fault.

In fairness, stats can easily be a pile of pish. You can play well and lose a game, you can be absolutely honking and scrape a 1-0. The numbers don't necessarily reflect the performance, in fact the jury's still out on Robinson amongst some 'well fans for exactly that reason. 

I'm just really curious as to how long Dundee give it before it becomes conceivable that McCann possibly isn't a very good manager at this level. Especially as he's been given a shree year deal at Dens.

I think O’Hara will keep his place because McCann will feel his physique will suit the challenge. He just can’t get his head up to see a pass imo.

I like the idea of Holt playing in front of Spanish Jon though.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I think O’Hara will keep his place because McCann will feel his physique will suit the challenge. He just can’t get his head up to see a pass imo.

I like the idea of Holt playing in front of Spanish Jon though.

It'd be interesting to see how Holt would play if he just got to unleash his attacking side.

I thought Jon put in a good performance and he had that really clever move which picked out AJ - he was already being booed for it as the crowd didn't really see what he was seeing. Seemed to have quite good vision and didn't lose the ball much but was quite slow in his decision making.

I'm as pissed off as the rest of us at the performance and result yesterday. Before the game it was a must win.

In hindsight however maybe it's not all bad? When Hartley lost 7 in a row at the start of the year I was crying out for a clean sheet. Similar situation and we have a clean sheet to avoid 6 defeats in a row.

With O'Dea suspended we should be able to build on this, keep things solid at the back and put together a few results.

I'm as pissed off as the rest of us at the performance and result yesterday. Before the game it was a must win.

In hindsight however maybe it's not all bad? When Hartley lost 7 in a row at the start of the year I was crying out for a clean sheet. Similar situation and we have a clean sheet to avoid 6 defeats in a row.

With O'Dea suspended we should be able to build on this, keep things solid at the back and put together a few results.

Looking at the plus points -

1) its a clean sheet
2) its a point
3) O’Dea is suspended

Not all bad.