All things Dundee FC

Who does everyone think has been Dundee’s best midfielder ever? I think wieghorst or nemsadze thought both where class acts

Wieghorst was amazing at a time when we were fucking potless. He was instrumental in our run to THAT ill-fated league cup final, the money from which probably saved the club. His debut goal was also ridiculously brilliant.

Nemsadze on form was unplayable. His chip against the DABs was dreamland stuff.

Tough call really. I'd go Wieghorst if I had to choose.

Moussa should never play for us again. He's shit, absolute garbage and a hattrick against Cowdenbeath and goals against Buckie Thistle and a league 1 Raith Rovers will never change that. Henvey deserves a place on the bench ahead of him, I don't care if he's 16 or 17 or whatever, Moussa offers literally nothing whilst at least the other has potential to become a player. He's literally only playing for us because of his physical presence which is the point of Haber. IMO there's clearly some kind of issue with McCann and Haber - which he alluded to in his interview after the 2-1 derby - but it matters not a jot. If we're playing two up front then Haber starts. 

Scott Allan, what is the script with him? Is he still injured after his operation? He has the potential to be our best player by a country mile but he's effectively been a man down whenever he's played. Whatever the case is we'll easily be paying 2k a week to have him here and at the moment I'd rather we just cut our ties. Midfield is not the problem.

I'm so fucking angry after that. We're going to sleepwalk into the relegation places with good performances and fifty sitters a match. 

It’s a known fact clubs check this forum before signing any of our current or ex players.  Hately’s got no chance of finding a decent club!

In that case, can I just say that I think the likes of Accies and Thistle should break the bank to bring in Hateley. Fingers crossed they don’t test our resolve for Moussa in January too, as signing him for a lot of cash could save their season...

Moussa is a shockingly bad player, people still defending him havent got a clue.

If he continues to play, we will struggle massively to score goals, he needs dropped, and never picked again.

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I think he's on a two year deal, as well.

He is indeed.

McCann said he would become a cult hero for the fans, unfortunately he meant the oppositions fans.

Haber isnt great, or even good most of the time, but he is Messi compared to Moussa.

Haber doesn't score goals, but other than that he's a very good striker. I know that doesn't make the most sense, but he's an absolute beast in the air. There was a stat that he'd won the most headers in the league last season by an absolute distance and he didn't join us until about this time last year. Defenders hate playing against him and he's quite decent at creating opportunities for other players.

I reckon he'd allow AJLS the freedom for a lot more chances (Which he'd miss cause we don't do goals :P ) but I reckon he and AJLS can build a very decent partnership. We don't have a Hemmings, but not many teams in this league do and it's not completely required either. We need a decent partnership and I reckon they can be it. Neither are long term solutions goals wise but they both bring a lot to our team.

As far as Bain goes, I think I'll be quite relieved when he goes. He's a stunning shot stopper, but he's culpable for a lot of our goals that we concede. Just seen the first today and it's another calamitous mistake. At what point is a 'youth keeper' deemed old enough? We've apparently 2 massive talents in Ferrie and Gourlay and whilst I respect that they're nowhere near ready and not a patch on Bain, I've never really wrapped my head around the development of keepers, at what point do they get given a chance because I know they won't be likely to get it even when Bain leaves, so when is the right time for a young keeper?  Bain is the best we've got by a long shot, but he's certainly not indispensable and  I feel bad for saying it, but he's one of our most overrated keepers in some time.

To end this mini-rant on a positive note, Jesse Curran looks like he's got the ability to give Cammy Kerr a right good run for his money in the RB slot (That's only based on the Alba coverage and fans today - although he looked good pre-season vs St Mirren) and I'd also like to admit I got it massively wrong on Kamara. At the time he was a trialist, I was hoping we'd sign the other guy (I can't recall his name - anyone remember? Wonder where he ended up), but how wrong I've been, such a classy CM and a right good find by McCann.

Got some great prospects at right wing back. Now's the time to see how the Spaniard is at left back. Still can't believe we've not won that game comfortably yesterday. 

Not yet. I felt Holt was one of our best players (again) yesterday. He still has more than his fair share of boo boys though.
I felt physically defiled leaving Firhill yesterday.
Like Hamilton away at the start of the season, if we don't take our chances then there's always a chance of a dry bumming in the end.

I was one of Holts critics last season, and at the beginning of this season. Since Spanish Jon has come in, Holts been very good every week, near enough.

Felt Kamara has another good game. Going to stop stay that, as he's doing it week in week out.

I'm not sticking up for Moussa here as I think he should be scoring. Last week people were slating Deacon for not 'passing it into the net' this week Moussa is getting slated for doing exactly that, Cerny makes a good save.

For me, AJLS is getting let off the hook a little here while Moussa is being slated. If what McCann is saying and Moussa was the designated taker and AJLS decided he was taking it is true, he deserves a slap around the head to put him in his place. If Moussa takes and scores the pen, we're 2-0 up after 20, in complete control and not losing that game. The full facts won't come out but if it's the case the AJLS overruled the manager on this then McCann should rightly be fuming.

It's hard to take a loss like that as until the 75th minute Dundee were in complete control. McGowan going off changed the match, I think O'Hara instead of Deacon would have been a better sub at the time.