All things Dundee FC

Out of interest what would everyone's 'list' of CH's at the club be?

On current form: Hendry > Waddell > O'Dea > Meekings > Gadzhalov > Julen > McPake.

If everyone was fit and at their best: Meekings > McPake > O'Dea > Hendry > Gadzhalov > Waddell > Julen.

Obviously McPake will never be the player he was, so we can discount him. Hendry and Waddell are two of the biggest talents at CH we've had since Wilkie and Zurab played together so although they feature lower down my 'everyone at their best list' I'd persist with them regardless as they have the opportunity to easily outgrow us or at the very least be a core part of our back line for years to come.

Take McPake out of the equation, and we have three VERY good young CH's in Meekings, Hendry and Waddell. Great experience in O'Dea who will struggle to break into the team and be able to step in at anytime Hendry or Waddell's form dips as younger players tend to do. It all points to Julen and Gadz days being numbered, which is a shame on Gadz, but them's the breaks. It's a great position to be in as we genuinely have some top notch quality at CH.

We’ve come a long way since Daryl Meggett was a CH option. Remember Arturo up front as well? f**k you, Hartley. I did mention it in the Falkirk thread, and I am in a minority with this opinion, but I think Hartley was a poor manager. Not just at being tactically inept or disrupting squad harmony. I would love to see how many players Hartley signed for us. It’s got to be touching 60. And how many had to have their contracts terminated? I know he’s one of the best managers we’ve had for a decade (Smith Deefiant season with embargo and -points best for me) but that’s not saying much. I think it’s no coincidence that Hartley was seen as such a success as he arrived not long after the new owners who allowed him to spend his way out of the mistakes he made. I’ll be interested to see how he does at Falkirk without that luxury.

48 minutes ago, K.T said:

We’ve come a long way since Daryl Meggett was a CH option. Remember Arturo up front as well? f**k you, Hartley. I did mention it in the Falkirk thread, and I am in a minority with this opinion, but I think Hartley was a poor manager. Not just at being tactically inept or disrupting squad harmony. I would love to see how many players Hartley signed for us. It’s got to be touching 60. And how many had to have their contracts terminated? I know he’s one of the best managers we’ve had for a decade (Smith Deefiant season with embargo and -points best for me) but that’s not saying much. I think it’s no coincidence that Hartley was seen as such a success as he arrived not long after the new owners who allowed him to spend his way out of the mistakes he made. I’ll be interested to see how he does at Falkirk without that luxury.

Good call KT I couldn't agree more - Hartley did better than most but like you say he got given a lot of slack and a hefty budget to buy his way out of trouble (esp in that last season) and still couldn't turn it round so it will be interesting to see how he gets on at Falkirk

8 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Top notch quality at CH. Words never uttered under Hartley, or even imagined. It is a shame on Gadz, Julen not so much, as you say, thems the breaks.

Now I'm sure Hartley said a few times we had a top notch defence - he just didn't have a clue what that meant apparently coz we had the usual mix of shite at the time, we'd just maybe managed to not make a complete c**t of it that week

+

Gutted for Gadz tho - the relegator should have def got a better chance than he has!

Edited by locheedee

Defence we go on about how good it is. Yet we can't keep a clean sheet ? Do we we just carry on blaming the midfield ?

Won't go in discussion about Hartley as what's the point ? He got us promoted and top 6. Must be thankful for that :-)

Regarding our defence I'd go waddell and Meekings pairing n see how they get on. Did we miss Kerr on Saturday? I felt we didn't :-(

f**k sake G Man. Kerr’s the best young player we’ve brought through for years. Give the guy a break.

Hendry would be just ahead of Kerr W for me. Maybe a 3 with all of them.

I agree he is. However against hearts we won and I felt against them we didn't need him. Can't you take that as a positive that for once we have a little depth that looks decent rather than being negative ?

And if you read my posts before about Kerr rather than jumping the wagon I said he needed a wee rest as he wasn't playing the way he could. Mccann seen that and we won :-).

Now take yer negatives elsewhere

Thank you :-)

I just feel you’ve made that point about resting him repeatedly. We won but it had nothing to do with Cammy not playing IMO.

It’s you that’s being negative I’d say!

I've just been catching up on the thread and the glaring thing for me is we are all comfortably suggesting a back three out of Meekings/Hendry/Waddell/O' Dea/Julen/Gadz/McPake* (highly unlikely). Just a few months ago the mere suggestion of a back 3 brought me out in cold sweats and had me reaching for the Talisker, as it did most others!

I've just been catching up on the thread and the glaring thing for me is we are all comfortably suggesting a back three out of Meekings/Hendry/Waddell/O' Dea/Julen/Gadz/McPake* (highly unlikely). Just a few months ago the mere suggestion of a back 3 brought me out in cold sweats and had me reaching for the Talisker, as it did most others!

Interesting times for us Dees imo. Things are massively brighter than they were a month ago. If Spence and Kamara can continue to improve, as they gain experience, they gives a solid platform in the middle we’ve rarely, if ever had in my lifetime of following Dundee. That allows a massive amount of flexibility all over the team.