All things Dundee FC

Tannadice holds just over 14000 and isn't remotely soulless. This stadium would essentially be the size of Tannadice with a proper stand instead of the Shed.

Edit to add that I appreciate Utd get bigger crowds than we do at the moment but not so much that we shouldn't be aiming to grow our fan base to that level and beyond in the near future.

Tannadice holds just over 14000 and isn't remotely soulless. This stadium would essentially be the size of Tannadice with a proper stand instead of the Shed.

Edit to add that I appreciate Utd get bigger crowds than we do at the moment but not so much that we shouldn't be aiming to grow our fan base to that level and beyond in the near future.

I know The DABS give away free tickets to schools, Fife, Angus etc. Do we do any of that sort of thing? Seems like a huge missed opportunity if we don't.

I'd like to see them think about practical ways of reducing capacity for the small matches - not sure if its even feasible but I was wondering if we couldn't do something like they do at the hydro and close sections off with screens?

I'm guessing they're probably made of acoustics materials so they don't deaden the noise but fk knows for real and fk knows if they'd survive being outdoors either!

5 minutes ago, Girth said:

I know The DABS give away free tickets to schools, Fife, Angus etc. Do we do any of that sort of thing? Seems like a huge missed opportunity if we don't.

Yeah man, think we've only got into it big time since Nelms etc came in but as far as I know primary schools and nursery/after school clubs get an allocation

The only way we will grow the fan base is if we convince people that the result on the pitch is irrelevant. We'd need to make it a full day out like they do in America. I don't think we'll ever see tailgates, sadly. But if there was a substantial amount of entertainment and alcohol provided before the game, then I'd maybe not feel so bad paying £25 to see us lose. As long as I felt I got my money's worth somewhere.

Once Geoff builds over McDiarmid we might pick up 1000 Saints fans wanting to watch top quality football. Probs why we are developing in the West End. I’ve heard Stevie told Nelms of his plans to close Saints down when he was giving him the lowdown on the Cremmy. Dundee is such a small business community you hear all that stuff at the golf club.

13 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Your argument would hold more weight if it wasn't for the fact McDairmid was 67% empty against Partick this season. That would be the equivalent of 4950 in a 15000 seated arena. Was McDairmid soulless at the Partick game?

Maybe not quite soulless, but certainly not much of an atmosphere.  And a million miles away from intimidating!   I think you've picked me up wrong that I think Dundee should have the same size stadium as us. Our ground was the perfect size for us when built, but it's far too big now. If we had a small compact stadium holding 7000, steep sided right on top of the pitch it'd be perfect.   If it meant a couple of thousand big European game only folk and old firm fans missed out once a season then fine.  It would provide a far better atmosphere week to week for the regulars which is what matters.

Dundee have a chance to get that right if the new ground goes ahead, and it'd be a real shame if we end up with another big ground in Scotland which is less than half full most weeks other than when the OF come to town, who get the advantage of having as many fans as the home side. As RG says, make it intimidating, 3/4 full every week to give a genuine advantage to your team, and make it an away ground opposition fans love visiting as Tynecastle is, rather than another rugby park. 10,000 capacity would be ideal.

On 23/09/2017 at 09:15, locheedee said:

Yeah man, think we've only got into it big time since Nelms etc came in but as far as I know primary schools and nursery/after school clubs get an allocation

I would say things have got worse in that respect since Nelms etc came in.  I work in children's services so it's an informed opinion.

On 9/23/2017 at 08:39, RossDee01 said:

I actually agree with this. Anyone who thinks a 15,000 seater won't sit empty for 99% of the time is having them self on. Build it small, fill it each week, and make it as atmospheric as possible.

Not just that, having a smaller stadium that gets filled (or at least has a chance of getting filled) breeds more demand. If you have a big stadium you know you don't need to buy a season ticket or an advanced ticket to guarantee entry, you can just decide last minute. If you have a smaller stadium with a good atmosphere where you're not guaranteed to get in then people would be more inclined to buy season tickets etc. So smaller stadium = more demand = better atmosphere. This would be especially true if United were in the same league as us (preferably the top league!)

7 hours ago, Muggy said:

I would say things have got worse in that respect since Nelms etc came in.  I work in children's services so it's an informed opinion.

Fair do's mate, I'm just basing it on the fact more of my mates kids are getting tickets to Dens than they seemed to (a few years back all you heard was that they were off to see the dabs coz they'd got freebies) but that could just be coz we're doing 'better' than them these days...

Thank you

47 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

We should be giving away tickets to local schools, youth teams and other kids groups to fill the stadium (and we should be doing that every week).

Just keep them out the Derry.

Thank you.

I'd seriously hope they look at this anyway but especially if we are going to be getting a larger stadium - we should be actively trying to get more folks in any way we can and not just relying on the regulars to stump up more & more!

My old man gave me two places for corporate Hospitality through Mcewan Fraser Legal. Was for Dens, The Fruit bowl down the road, Inverness or Motherwell.
Obviously I've opted for the Dundee option. I've heard the hospitality is pretty good. Am I right in thinking that?
Thank you.