All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, locheedee said:

Anyone been up to the stadium consultation yet?

I'm stuck in work for now but all I've heard is whats been in the tele - decent turn out so far and Nelms is quoted as saying the stadium needs all the supporting businesses to get approved before its going ahead...

Thank you

Just home from it.  Fire away,  what would you like to know!

17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Just home from it.  Fire away,  what would you like to know!

Cheers man, I've seen a few of the visuals on twitter now so I'll not hit you with the full list - but I was just wondering if they'd given any info about a safe standing area and if they're def going for the full 15k size (& if they are, are they aiming to put on concerts/internationals?)

+

Business wise, have they given any hard information on our rental agreement & any future ownership?

Thank you

11 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Cheers man, I've seen a few of the visuals on twitter now so I'll not hit you with the full list - but I was just wondering if they'd given any info about a safe standing area and if they're def going for the full 15k size (& if they are, are they aiming to put on concerts/internationals?)

+

Business wise, have they given any hard information on our rental agreement & any future ownership?

Thank you

Bit on the stv news tonight, seemingly the safe standing area costs about three times more than just seats, also the fans don't want four stands, corners must be filled in.

22 minutes ago, locheedee said:

+

Thank you

Looking into  safe standing and defo have the intentions on hosting concerts. 

Nelms was  gone before I got there but my intention was to ask him if/ when Dundee are sold would the stadium and other facilities he part of the package. I asked Bob Hynd but he didn't know the answer to it. I put this down on the comments section of the leaflet that could be filled out so hopefully it'll be answered. 

For any Saintees looking in, it looks like Steve Brown tipped them off about the cremmy and lounge after talks with John Nelms. Nelms asked him why St Johnstone managed to have a turnover of £5.3M compared to Dundee's £4.6M on crowd's half the size of ours and he explained about the Saintees hosting funerals earning them a small fortune with up to 8 different functions on the same day. The cremmy is going to be owned by Dark Blue Property Holdings and not the city council who I presumed would've been the owners. 

Thank you Steve, thank you. 

Edited by Yenitit

29 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Bit on the stv news tonight, seemingly the safe standing area costs about three times more than just seats, also the fans don't want four stands, corners must be filled in.

15 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Looking into  safe standing and defo have the intentions on hosting concerts. 

Nelms was  gone before I got there but my intention was to ask him if/ when Dundee are sold would the stadium and other facilities he part of the package. I asked Bob Hynd but he didn't know the answer to it. I put this down on the comments section of the leaflet that could be filled out so hopefully it'll be answered. 

Cheers gents! Shame if we didn't get a safe standing area but the Derry will be reborn no matter what  so I suppose we'd get by...

+

I figured they would be when they had it as big but its good to hear there's been some thought behind it so they'll hopefully have given thought to how best to stop it feeling empty most weeks!

Really surprised we want the corners filled in so badly since it'll make segration so difficult but I guess it does look cooler and most folks won't be thinking about how it works.

&

Here's hoping Nelms does give us a bit more clarity on the ownership but as much as I'm dying to know I can probably live with us just being tenants for now!

Eta. Feckin hell Ludo, is a'hin ok? You & G-man seem to have swapped places coz he's being a cheery c**t and you sound like you need kept away from sharp objects!

Edited by locheedee

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Almondvale with Dark Blue seats then eh.

No. Everything getting looked into to see what helps make a stadium atmospheric like materials used to retain sound, angle of the stands and how tight to the pitch. Everything apart fae a winning team obviously! 

Main stand to be be on the side closest to the ice rink. Main stand and stand opposite both to hold 4500 and behind the goals 3000. 

4 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Cheers gents! Shame if we didn't get a safe standing area but the Derry will be reborn no matter what  so I suppose we'd get by...

+

I figured they would be when they had it as big but its good to hear there's been some thought behind it so they'll hopefully have given thought to how best to stop it feeling empty most weeks!

Really surprised we want the corners filled in so badly since it'll make segration so difficult but I guess it does look cooler and most folks won't be thinking about how it work's.

&

Here's hoping Nelms does give us a bit more clarity on the ownership but as much as I'm dying to know I can probably live with us just being tenants for now!

The corners filled in was due to helping with the  atmosphere retention of the stadium according to some of the posters hung up in the room. 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

No. Everything getting looked into to see what helps make a stadium atmospheric like materials used to retain sound, angle of the stands and how tight to the pitch. Everything apart fae a winning team obviously! 

Main stand to be be on the side closest to the ice rink. Main stand and stand opposite both to hold 4500 and behind the goals 3000. 

I'm actually getting more impressed with the planning and thought thats gone into this so far - we might still end up with an identikit ground but from what you guys are saying it sounds far more positive and well thought out!

4 minutes ago, locheedee said:

+

Really surprised we want the corners filled in so badly since it'll make segration so difficult but I guess it does look cooler and most folks won't be thinking about how it work's.

&

The corners filled in was due to helping with the  atmosphere retention of the stadium according to some of the posters hung up in the room. 

Ahh fair do's, I didnt think about the acoustics of a bowl v a bunch of boxes - makes sense for concerts as well as games I guess!

Really hope we can get a standing area at the front of the 'main' stand then - would also be good for giving directors stick if we need to too! :thumsup2

2 minutes ago, locheedee said:

I'm actually getting more impressed with the planning and thought thats gone into this so far - we might still end up with an identikit ground but from what you guys are saying it sounds far more positive and well thought out!

Definitely looked like it was all about fan experience. 

Theres going to be a 400 seated lounge ( I think it was that amount Bob Hynd said) turned into a pub for home fans on match day with the tables and chairs removed to allow a  larger capacity. I asked about maximising the income from away fans and the same is happening at the away end for the away  fans this time with a lounge that would be 100 seated on a non match day. 

Solar panels on 3 stands plus wind turbines to be used to generate the required power. 

A major upmarket hotel chain has already shown a definite interest (pretty much done) in the hotel facility as they think there will be a clear demand for it, the hotel sounds like a money spinner for the club. 

9 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Ahh fair do's, I didnt think about the acoustics of a bowl v a bunch of boxes - makes sense for concerts as well as games I guess!

Really hope we can get a standing area at the front of the 'main' stand then - would also be good for giving directors stick if we need to too! :thumsup2

Safe standing would be in the  corner sections if it was to happen. 

Edited by Yenitit

27 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Definitely looked like it was all about fan experience. 

Theres going to be a 400 seated lounge ( I think it was that amount Bob Hynd said) turned into a pub for home fans on match day with the tables and chairs removed to allow a  larger capacity. I asked about maximising the income from away fans and the same is happening at the away end for the away  fans this time with a lounge that would be 100 seated on a non match day. 

Solar panels on 3 stands plus wind turbines to be used to generate the required power. 

A major upmarket hotel chain has already shown a definite interest (pretty much done) in the hotel facility as they think there will be a clear demand for it, the hotel sounds like a money spinner for the club. 

26 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Safe standing would be in the  corner sections if it was to happen. 

Tbh that sounds cracking with the lounges

+

Great idea with the renewables too, that should make the match day/concert operating costs fairly minimal (offset over the whole year obvs).

I'm less of a fan of standing in the corners tho so I'm ok if they just go with seating - we'll soon take a section of seating over and make it home!

I just hope they do pull it off now coz this is almost ringing my alarm bells as being too good to be true...

Edited by locheedee