All things Dundee FC

I thought A-Jay looked really good in the first half until 2-0, managed to get himself into decent positions and should definitely be our first choice striker. Kamara was my clear MOM.

Bar that we were absolutely stinking and I could've clawed my eyes out from about the 50th minute onward.  Have to agree with the criticisms of El Bak. Scoring screamers 1 in every 10 matches isn't good enough for our position in the league and he's a luxury(lol) we can't afford. 

Even if that stayed at 2-0 we were embarrassingly happy to just sit back and take not getting a pumping. The scoreline in the end was fair just because we were so utterly gutless.

I didn't expect to win tonight, I did however expect effort and the second that second goal went in there was absolutely none of it.

£26 well spent not....
I'd be terrified to see the possession stats for the second half. They are streets ahead in every department, but what pisses me off is I don't remember a single 50/50 ball that wasn't won by a Celtic player.

Popped up around 70 minutes in saying something like 82%-18%

16 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Time for Parish to be given his chance in the sticks this weekend imo.

I'd like to drop Bain but the talk about Parish is terrifying when you search for his name on twitter. Pretty much every club votes him as their worst ever player.

I did find this funny though

I'd like to drop Bain but the talk about Parish is terrifying when you search for his name on twitter. Pretty much every club votes him as their worst ever player.
I did find this funny though

Yeah I did that myself, didn't fill me with hope but sometimes a change of scenery can help a lot. Has to be worth a shot, though.

Bain wasn't at fault for any of the goals last night. Defensive errors again cost us. Dropping Bain for some no hope is ludicrous.

He's been poor this season. Had one good game against Hibs but the rest have been below par from a goalkeeper of his level.

2 major mistakes which con to mind recently are the 4th goal against Rangers (wtf was that?) and the horrendous decision against St Johnstone which could have cost us the game.

If you (Not being specific to anyone) look at the goals Bain concedes, he's actually culpable for a good few. Yes, he's the last man of defence and the defence do let him down but he rarely bails us out of anything. Hibs performance is about his only good performance for something like 15-20 games now.

44 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Bain is required to pull off 2-5 great saves a game because of defensive errors, yes he makes silly mistakes however imo the score's would be worse without him.

You can make an argument that a lot of the goals he's conceded this season aren't necessarily blunders but there's some question mark whether he could do better or not. Add in a few moments of blatant mistakes that he's actually got away with and have been forgotten (spilling an easy ball at Ibrox into the path of Miller who luckily missed, early cross on Saturday). He had a good game against Hibs and I couldn't fault him there but if he had conceded any of the sort of shots he was getting that day, I think it would have been considered as a mistake.

Not necessarily clear-cut errors in isolation but these are the goals we've lost where you could articulate an argument that he has made an error.

1. Goal 1 V Ross County - from distance and not particularly powerful
  2. Goal 2  V Ross County - cross in his range to take
  3. Goal 2 V Hamilton - decision to charge out left him stranded
  4. Goal 1 V Rangers - weak hand to the ball
  5. Goal 4 V Rangers - punched the ball into his own net
  6. Goal 1 V St Johnstone - poor decision making

I've defended him for a while but Motherwell with Samson last year showed how easy it was to be competitive in a game and look like winning to then lose a goal at a bad time and collapse. I don't know if Parish would be an improvement or not but we've had this for a while now and it's beginning to look like a real issue. I don't think he's shite and he's demonstrated that he can make better decision making but for whatever reason (coaching maybe an excuse), he's fallen short of that.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

People blamed Hartley for Bain's performances, maybe it's geddes to blame?

I don't want to have a go at club legends but both our strikers and keepers haven't been exactly amazing for a while now so I've been thinking for a while we maybe need to look at changing Geddes and Wallace (if he's still involved anyway)...

I don't want to have a go at club legends but both our strikers and keepers haven't been exactly amazing for a while now so I've been thinking for a while we maybe need to look at changing Geddes and Wallace (if he's still involved anyway)...

I think Wallace retired around ten years ago!

Tbh it's impossible to really give a meaningful insight on stuff like coaching as we just don't know enough information as fans.

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think Wallace retired around ten years ago!

Tbh it's impossible to really give a meaningful insight on stuff like coaching as we just don't know enough information as fans.

I thought that myself but he's supposedly still involved - altho no idea if thats still as a coach or if its just a job for life for the years of service?

+

Might be shite but Wiki lists him as still being employed in 'an advisory position'

&

I agree on not being able to guess on the coaching/coaches either, we really don't get enough info about that kind of stuff but we're running out of potential reasons/excuses for it so its just had me thinking...

Edited by locheedee

Decided to watch the game last night on TV and save myself £52.

I thought we had a lot of plusses. The back 4 plus Kamara, Spence and Wolters had pretty good games.

There’s something likeable about FEB but he’s had his chance. AJLS is clearly too slow to be a top player but he looks better than FEB. We were unlucky not to have Haber or even Moussa fit - think you need a target man against Celtic.

I’m now in G Man’s camp if he’s room for me. Bains a c**t.

I believe the quote of fans here were.
"He will win us points "

I was actually on here last season agreeing with you regarding Bain and his poor attitude at the time. I don't think he's shit and don't think he is our number 2 however it wouldn't hurt to bring Parish in for a few games. Even if just for experience because I'm guessing he was brought in to be our number 1 next season when Bain leaves.

I was actually on here last season agreeing with you regarding Bain and his poor attitude at the time. I don't think he's shit and don't think he is our number 2 however it wouldn't hurt to bring Parish in for a few games. Even if just for experience because I'm guessing he was brought in to be our number 1 next season when Bain leaves.

Parish is only on a 1 year deal isn't he?

Bain stopped giving a f*ck a long time ago. Still a class keeper but can be so much better.

18 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

He was helping under 13s last season. However any time I seen him felt like he was an assistant /tube.
I reckon he will just help in around the teams. All guess work of course

Last I remember seeing him was with Wighton in an article on the official site but fk knows how long ago that was - chances are he's just doing some work with the kids now then (& fair play if he is getting a wee job out of the club too)

Does make me wonder if we have an actual striking coach then or if McCann covers that these days...

Anyone been up to the stadium consultation yet?

I'm stuck in work for now but all I've heard is whats been in the tele - decent turn out so far and Nelms is quoted as saying the stadium needs all the supporting businesses to get approved before its going ahead...

Thank you