All things Dundee FC

Bit harsh on your wouldn't actively move on list for me, Gowser gets to stay just for his energy and passion, Allan has a wand of a foot and I think will be our Harkins this season + Moussa didn't really get a chance to do much yet so I'd give him another go once he's fit. I'd add El Bak, Gadz, Wighton (I know but he is the dab slayer) and O'Dea to Haber in my version of the wouldn't actively punt category.

I'm tired and as grumpy as f**k!

Bain, Parish, Holt, Extabeguren, Gadzhalov, Waddell, Hateley, Low, O'Hara, McGowan, Curran and Spence all out of contract at the end of this season.

We really need to get Bain to sign a new deal as he'll be free to speak to clubs in January, and I can see that becoming a complete circus fairly soon. Would like us to get started early in renewing Holt's deal as well. He has his critics and has some poor games, but he's a decent player, we could do a lot, lot worse and it wouldn't surprise me if a few clubs tapped him up in January either. Although in saying that, I suppose this Spanish LB will be the first time he's had a challenge to stay in the team.

We're a bit more protected with Waddell as we'd be due a development fee and as good as he's been, I don't think he'd have received as many first team games with any other club in the top flight this season, so I'm hopeful we can extend his deal.

I still reckon O'Hara will net us some cash one day. Should really be looking at getting him tied up as he's got massive expectations on his shoulders at times which I think is unfair considering he's younger than Cammy Kerr!

I'd like to see McGowan tied up as well, but I don't think that's necessarily a priority right now, bit early to be deciding his future.

I reckon Gadz' streak of somehow managing to stay at Dens when the manager seems to prefer other CH's will run out at the end of this season. He'll be a cult hero, but we're extremely strong at CH and I don't think he'd have been kept even this season if McCann had anticipated Waddell's breakthrough.

I expect Low to be gone in January, permanently. And I hope Hateley is gone in the next 2 days, but I won't hold my breath. Curran's future prospects at Dens look bleak. He's a year older than O'Hara and doesn't look like breaking into the first team anytime soon.

Finally, Spence seems like a bit of a wasted signing with players like Vincent and Hateley (The latter whom has been told doesn't have a future at Dens) are getting in ahead of him either on the pitch or on the bench. He's got a whole season to work his way into McCann's plans though.

So TL;DR, need to sign up Bain, Waddell, Holt and O'Hara asap please.

If Stephen Dobbie wanted to play in the Scottish Premiership, he would currently be playing in the Scottish Premiership. There would have been no shortage of options before he opted to re-join QotS. It's quite clear that he wants to end his career there.

Dobbie still has family down south hence why he opted for QoS and his obvious affection for the club, can't see him making a move.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

He'd be warming the bench along side Costa and only get a game if Moussa and Haber are injured anyway.

He's got nothing on Gowser imho either - that strike in the last round of the cup was a thing of beauty (against a diddy team admittedly but still)

18 minutes ago, locheedee said:

the Tele has a story about last nights trialist btw - he plays with bonnet-johnston tho so for that alone I'm out!

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-play-ex-burnley-attacker-richar-rj-pingling-trialist-wee-derby-win-over-united/amp/

His name is Richard Pingling, which is practically "Dick Tingling". So for that reason alone, I'm in...

Think of the song possibilities.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Randy Wolters latest article for a Dutch paper seems to suggest he's having trouble fitting in and not enjoying it at Dundee.

His Instagram stories suggest different, he was walking through the City Centre the other night singing along to a junkie playing the guitar - terrific viewing.

1 hour ago, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

His name is Richard Pingling, which is practically "Dick Tingling". So for that reason alone, I'm in...

Think of the song possibilities.

Hahaha, true manny I wasn't thinking about that - I think I've changed my mind!