All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, harry94 said:

The difference is though that Coventry had the rugby side sharing with them and they were regularly producing considerable income which meant that the holding company could be more stubborn and push a harder deal. There aren't really any other uses of a stadium that is so regular in this part of the world so if the owners of the facility do end up being driven for profit, they could lose a massive amount of money if they engineered a situation in which Dundee were lost. United getting involved and moving in at the same time could be an issue as that then does reduce the dependence on Dundee in the long term.

I doubt we'll see them but I'd really like to see what contracts will be signed between Dundee and the stadium holders. Ideally, if the Americans were allowing us to pay minimal rent for x years, I'd like the club to put money aside each year to buy shares of the holding company so after a certain amount of time, we co have a certain defence against the sort of issue you point out.

Has it been stated by John Nelms or Tim Keyes who the owners of stadium will be? Is the club owned by this Dark Blues Holdings or by FPS? 

It's not sitting too well with me at the moment if the club has no percentage of ownership over the new stadium. I'd rest easier if I knew how the earnings from the stadium and other facilities are to be distrubuted. I've heard there are 2 proposed pubs, training facilities, car park, social housing and conference suites what if any of this will be for the club's benefit. We've been shafted once to often for me to be trusting of any owners  which is very harsh on Nelms and Keyes because they appear to be doing things very well, apart from this £26 adult admission prices!

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cheers for that Ludo. Helps a bit!

Is the lending issue due to the fact we like to go into administration from time to time or because grants are easier to receive if it's not solely connected to a football club?

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I've heard that John Bennet has contracted with some Spanish outfit to begin the demolition of Dens.  Might just be a rumour though.

I've heard a different rumour. 

Are you upset about this stadium Granny? You appear to have come out of retirement on oor thread since this news broke. 

6 hours ago, stu2910 said:

I read in one of the interviews with Nelms that this has been set up in this way, with the separate company buying the land etc, because funnily enough Dundee FC isn't a particularly attractive name to lenders.

Suggests to me that it's been done like this purely to get it built and that the long term plan would be to work it back into the club's ownership. The owners main objective when they took over was to build the club back up with the stadium, training facilities, youth academy etc being worth significantly more combined than the club cost them at the time and therefore worth selling.

Sounds good Stu, I hope you're right. 

9 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I've heard a different rumour. 

Are you upset about this stadium Granny? You appear to have come out of retirement on oor thread since this news broke. 

No I hope it works out for you, your club has had more than its fair share of chancers and frauds, whereas these guys appear to be the real deal.  I'm just a bit sceptical about the economics of it but time will tell.

This is not true.
The whole deal was based around no cash whatsoever, to avoid tax. Asda got the Muirton Park site and in return they paid for the building of the new stadium. The cost was about £5m.
The land was free. A local farmer, Bruce McDiarmid, gifted the club the new site for nothing.  An incredible coincidence that someone called McDiarmid gifted the land that McDiarmid Park was built on, but there you go.
When you look back at it, you realise how well Saints did out of the whole deal.

You can't avoid tax like that. Another fucking imbecile.

How much more straightforward can it be? Saints benefit from the revenue generated by McD. The wee team won't benefit from the revenue generated by the new stadium. Is that simple enough for you?

You are truly fucking stupid. When the time eventually comes for the Browns to sell SJ don't you think the millions in the bank and the earning potential of the club will be part of the price negotiation or do you think the Browns will throw that in for feck all? Have you ever dealt with or spoken to Geoff? If anybody knows how not to give away money it's him. You are stupid and deluded.

You can, but then what would an imbecile like you know?

Ok. I own my own wee business. I'm going to buy a nice house through the business. Then I'm going to phone the revenue and say I'm not drawing any wages or dividends for the next 12 months so I'm gifting the house to myself in lieu of this. No cash is changing hands so no tax to pay - oh and that tax expert Tibbermorew*nk says that's ok.

How do you think I'll get on?

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You are truly fucking stupid. When the time eventually comes for the Browns to sell SJ don't you think the millions in the bank and the earning potential of the club will be part of the price negotiation or do you think the Browns will throw that in for feck all? Have you ever dealt with or spoken to Geoff? If anybody knows how not to give away money it's him. You are stupid and deluded.

You haven't got a clue. Are you seriously suggesting that the hundreds of thousands the club earns from the ground each year is squirreled away within the club or is mysteriously extracted by the Browns? If you are then punch yourself in the face repeatedly until you come to your senses.

And one more thing re the deal with John Bennett - it is the norm when renting commercial property for it to be on a repair and maintainance basis i.e. the folks renting the place have to pay for all that. There is usually an annual inspection when they go round and try to get you to fix all the things that were fucked before you took over.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Ok. I own my own wee business. I'm going to buy a nice house through the business. Then I'm going to phone the revenue and say I'm not drawing any wages or dividends for the next 12 months so I'm gifting the house to myself in lieu of this. No cash is changing hands so no tax to pay - oh and that tax expert Tibbermorew*nk says that's ok.

How do you think I'll get on?

I think you're an imbecile who knows f**k all about business tax.