All things Dundee FC

Surprised at that. Some Aberdeen fans on Twitter said a fee had been agreed and he was signing for them :lol:

Get him back to full fitness and he'll be a superb signing. An utter beast of a player.

ETA: :lol:

Edited by RiG

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

Surprised at that. Some Aberdeen fans on Twitter said a fee had been agreed and he was signing for them :lol:

Get him back to full fitness and he'll be a superb signing. An utter beast of a player.

ETA: :lol:

Would make it even better if he scored the winner with a last minute header now

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Absolutely nothing can be taken from that statement other than we are going full steam ahead with the stadium (Which is quite a lot tbf!). The most interesting aspect is the attached design picture. Looks like a completely enclosed stadium with some big facilities off it and 2 training pitches.

It looks like there's barely enough space for the stadium itself, nevermind parking spaces and another pitch.

6 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

It looks like there's barely enough space for the stadium itself, nevermind parking spaces and another pitch.

That plan only shows the southern half of the site - I'm curious why the plans been so tightly cropped but might just be coz its a huge car park & not worth showing (or could be for another business venture...)

Or might be they just don't want to give people clues how to get through LiamDFC's labyrinth...

Edited by locheedee

Think Waddell will go out on loan for the season and Julen could possibly be released after he recovers. Meekings is a great signing and I'm also happy the club seem to have taken their time assessing his fitness, and that he's stuck around long enough to prove himself.

As for the stadium. I know the club have been working very closely with the building regs/planning department at the council which leads me to believe that steps have been taken to get as close as possible to ensuring planning permission will be granted. I also think that there may be some involvement with council owned training pitches, both grass and 3G, which we will use during the day, free of charge, and the council can rent out at evenings and weekends.

New stadium will be a big step forward for the club, and a statement from the owners that they intend to stick around. However, I agree that a move out of town and away from Dens would be hard to take.

I wonder if the new stands will be binned if it happens. When they were built it was said they could be taken down and rebuilt if a move ever happened.
I have to agree I really hate the thought of not going to Dens.

I'll be sad to leave Dens but can appreciate that a move is the logical choice. The thing I'll actually be most gutted about is our unique rivalry no longer existing. It's one of very few things that makes both clubs stand out.

I think it's ripping the soul out the club. Dens is our home. I understand the economic benefit but I want to watch football at the same place my great grandfather watched his football and my great grandsons will long after I'm gone.

If someone asked me what made Dundee special for me, a large part of that would be Dens Park for better or for worse.

I think it's ripping the soul out the club. Dens is our home. I understand the economic benefit but I want to watch football at the same place my great grandfather watched his football and my great grandsons will long after I'm gone.

If someone asked me what made Dundee special for me, a large part of that would be Dens Park for better or for worse.

stretching an argument here I suppose but someone could have said the same about leaving Carolina Port.

I sit in the south enclosure to watch a game but the fact is, it's a dump! it can't continue like that.

stretching an argument here I suppose but someone could have said the same about leaving Carolina Port.

I sit in the south enclosure to watch a game but the fact is, it's a dump! it can't continue like that.

Carolina Port was our home for 6 year until 1899. I don't think it's a fair comparison to our 118 years at Dens. Certainly no one alive would share the same sentiment anyways!

I agree, Dens, and in particular the Derry is crumbling. I understand that for us to be a self sufficient club a new stadium makes the most financial sense. Doesn't mean I agree with the move though. Sentimentality wins out for me, I'd rather have an anchor pinning us down than sell out for a new stadium and having say the sort of success that St Johnstone currently enjoy.

It's not a tradeoff I'd be interested in. I totally get that's craziness to a neutral or to maybe even some Dundee fans, but Dens Park is part of Dundee FC to me and to leave it, takes some of the specialness away for me.