All things Dundee FC

Replacing a crocked centre half with dodgy knees with a crocked centre half with dodgy knees is virtually peak Dundee. Could only be bettered if the replacement crocked centre half with dodgy knees was on a larger wage.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Replacing a crocked centre half with dodgy knees with a crocked centre half with dodgy knees is virtually peak Dundee. Could only be bettered if the replacement crocked centre half with dodgy knees was on a larger wage.

Crocked kneeception. McPake to O'Dea to Meekings

15 minutes ago, Widge said:

What the same Meekings who'll take 2 months to get match fit? Yes do that!

I meant if he's fit obviously but I'm guessing since he's been training with us all pre season we'd have a pretty good idea what he's got to offer.

Away back to your farms anyway and have another greet about Stevie May

I meant if he's fit obviously but I'm guessing since he's been training with us all pre season we'd have a pretty good idea what he's got to offer.
Away back to your farms anyway and have another greet about Stevie May

Fitness and match fitness are totally different.

I'd love to, but you don't mind many farms in Edinburgh city centre, so I think I'll pass. As for May, same reason I wouldn't sign him, I wouldn't sign Meekings.

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

Fitness and match fitness are totally different.

I'd love to, but you don't mind many farms in Edinburgh city centre, so I think I'll pass. As for May, same reason I wouldn't sign him, I wouldn't sign Meekings.

He'd only be coming in to give us cover for Hendry and Waddell while O'Dea and Gadz are still out so he'd hardly be expected to play every match and cover every blade of grass tho - hence I'm sure we'll have done the maths before we offer him anything.

How's the hunt for your 3rd Jewel going, you realised he signed for Partick yet?

Eta - I'd have said Aberdeen but there was nae danger he was ever coming back to you

Edited by locheedee

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

If we just get loads of crocked defenders, we should hopefully get two fit at one time so it should work out fine!

To be honest though, McPake is just doing his rehabilitation and he signed a new deal to take a substantial wage drop. He's registered on the playing side but it's unlikely he'll ever play again and he's doing his coaching badges and working with the 20s. It gets a few reactions but the guys problems are never going to be fixed to play at this level again.

After that; we've got O'Dea, Gadz, Waddell, Hendry and then Julen who is likely to be leaving the club when we get the first opportunity. Not the most youthful with O'Dea and Gadzhalov but not too bad in the injury side of things.

Meekings would be a fantastic signing. He's been at Dens for nigh on the past 3 month so we'll have a fair idea of the condition he's in. If he's not fit, or still injured, then it won't be long until he is if we give him a deal.

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

He'd only be coming in to give us cover for Hendry and Waddell while O'Dea and Gadz are still out so he'd hardly be expected to play every match and cover every blade of grass tho - hence I'm sure we'll have done the maths before we offer him anything.

How's the hunt for your 3rd Jewel going, you realised he signed for Partick yet?

Eta - I'd have said Aberdeen but there was nae danger he was ever coming back to you

Seems we're in desperate need of the other signing right enough. Only one goal clear at the top of the league.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Meekings would be a fantastic signing. He's been at Dens for nigh on the past 3 month so we'll have a fair idea of the condition he's in. If he's not fit, or still injured, then it won't be long until he is if we give him a deal.

Meekings and Johnstone must be the two signings today...