All things Dundee FC

The difference in the dynamic is there for all to see. Also McCann has shown he'll shake things up with the dropping of Haber and McGowan which brought the best out of those players. We have been extremely unfortunate with injuries, but the bottom line is we have never replaced the goals that Hemmings and Stewart brought to the team. Find a goal scorer and we'll do fine.

Hate to labour a point but we won't be fine if we keep conceding the way we are. Even if we had Hemmings scoring a hat trick today we wouldn't win!

I'd happy take a couple 0-0's just to stop the rot.

We're wide open. If you're going to play the way we are set up you either need everybody working their nuts off, like Wednesday, or confidence you're going to take your chances, which we are not. Yes we need a striker but we have needed a solid CH for the entire time we've been back in the prem. Waddell and Hendry are both promising but ideally you'd want someone more experienced and solid in there. O'Dea I really like but he's not dependable enough to fulfil that role.
Kamara looks really promising but again I think he lacks the experience to cover the defensive role in the middle on his own. We are going to have to put Vincent back in the team.
Wolters looks like a waste of skin to me.

We're wide open. If you're going to play the way we are set up you either need everybody working their nuts off, like Wednesday, or confidence you're going to take your chances, which we are not. Yes we need a striker but we have needed a solid CH for the entire time we've been back in the prem. Waddell and Hendry are both promising but ideally you'd want someone more experienced and solid in there. O'Dea I really like but he's not dependable enough to fulfil that role.
Kamara looks really promising but again I think he lacks the experience to cover the defensive role in the middle on his own. We are going to have to put Vincent back in the team.
Wolters looks like a waste of skin to me.

I quite agree, looking back at the stats we have consistently shipped among the highest amount of goals in the league. We started to look in serious trouble last year because of the difference losing the previous seasons' goals, Stewart never played a league game for us and remained out top scorer until late in the season. We have prospects in defence, and it seems healthier ones than we've had for a while, but if you're a team that 2 goals will beat every time you're donalded.
Hope someone can do a Falconer, and suddenly transform themselves from a target of fan's abuse into the hottest striker in the league.
Not holding my breath though.

44 minutes ago, dd23 said:

The difference in the dynamic is there for all to see. Also McCann has shown he'll shake things up with the dropping of Haber and McGowan which brought the best out of those players. We have been extremely unfortunate with injuries, but the bottom line is we have never replaced the goals that Hemmings and Stewart brought to the team. Find a goal scorer and we'll do fine.

Creating chance after chance and not taking them. We all know that's the major problem with the team and not the easiest to rectify. Injuries taking their toll. 

A wee lesson for the board in not selling a quality striker for peanuts or at least demanding a larger buy out clause. Hardest part of the team to replace.  

We need someone who can score goals, its that simple.

Haber, El Bakhtaoui and Moussa will never score regularly, we cant rely on any of them IMO. If we can get a goal scorer, I will be reasonably confident about the season, if we cant theres a very good chance we will be relegated.

We've shipped five goals in two games to two teams that we'd be looking to better this season, its a shocking start, the fans know this and so will the players. Confidence is a huge part of the game and these guys will know themselves they've been well beaten by probable relegation rivals. Not sure how he does it but McCann has to lift them somehow and we need a win very very soon or  we could well be cut adrift

To be honest we haven't been played off the park by either RC or Hamilton. It's bloody hard to play against teams who are mostly sitting in. Celtic just beat Thistle 1 nil, with the riches they have at their disposal. Half the league are looking for a goalscorer.
It's far easier to tighten up at the back. Get Vincent in next to Kamara. Play Haber up top on his own (I know, I know). Make Allan and Deacons support him with Holt and Kerr bombing on - Vincent/Kamara tuck in at the back when they do. We need to close the game down. We are wide open!!

After the first quarter of the season is the earliest judgements should be made.. wasn't overly pleased when McCann got the job but think some of his signings have been excellent and will give him time. Some on here are starting to sound like the DABS , so always remember Dees stick together ( that's what we have done and always will do ). It's what makes us genuinely superior to that mongrel lot across the road.

You need to take a break chief, it's all becoming too much by the sounds of things!

Good Luck.

To be honest we haven't been played off the park by either RC or Hamilton. It's bloody hard to play against teams who are mostly sitting in. Celtic just beat Thistle 1 nil, with the riches they have at their disposal. Half the league are looking for a goalscorer.
It's far easier to tighten up at the back. Get Vincent in next to Kamara. Play Haber up top on his own (I know, I know). Make Allan and Deacons support him with Holt and Kerr bombing on - Vincent/Kamara tuck in at the back when they do. We need to close the game down. We are wide open!!

Surprised you didnt get the doondee job with that knowledge. Make is sound so easy

e8eb316a1a8460d6a0f163e7c63b9bdf.gif

1 hour ago, Soul Arab said:

How's the Funhouse today?

53 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Doon.jpg

And.jpg

Oot.jpg

GIRFUY.jpg

Brilliant post Eindhovendee.

Soul Arab, you can't leave it at that.  Your going to have to reply with a photo of whoever it was that got you the bonus point in the penalty shoot out :lol::lol: