All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

A very worrying result on the back of a home league defeat to another poor team. I am as guilty as many getting exciting about beating a Utd side who are at the end of the day just a championship team. I don't think we are terrible but we desperately need a goal scorer. That will be the difference between a decent season and relegation. 

Agree with this, much as beating the Dabs was brilliant I think we should remember just how bad they were and even then we lost a goal in each game. A convincing performance against them has made us think we are almost there but clearly not.
We desperately needed some points on the board with our next few games coming up and now we could end up adrift if not careful. Big test for the boss coming up. :unsure:

We really are fickle as f**k when it comes to our club. 

Its only 2 defeats ffs. Granted its games on paper we should be winning, however we have a shite record against County and today flattered Accies, if we took our chances we could of been 2 up after 10 min, I appreciate that we had about 15 crosses into the box with no end product but it just shows how much we are creating now in comparison to last season. We have 4 strikers on our books, 2 are injured. We also have 2 injured wingers. This is something McCann could not foresee. I do however think that Waddle should be starting ahead of O'Dea. Moussa may turn out to be a good striker once fit, its far to harsh to say he is not the answer, he has only played an hour in the premier.

I just think its a bit early to be shiting it.

Calm the f**k doon eh!

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Its only 2 defeats ffs. Granted its games on paper we should be winning, however we have a shite record against County and today flattered Accies, if we took our chances we could of been 2 up after 10 min, I appreciate that we had about 15 crosses into the box with no end product but it just shows how much we are creating now in comparison to last season. We have 4 strikers on our books, 2 are injured. We also have 2 injured wingers. This is something McCann could not foresee. I do however think that Waddle should be starting ahead of O'Dea. Moussa may turn out to be a good striker once fit, its far to harsh to say he is not the answer, he has only played an hour in the premier.

Calm the f**k doon eh!

Too early to be shitting it? we have won 2 of our last 14 league games. Wake up mate.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Calm the f**k doon eh!

Could have or should have doesn't cut it at this level. Start from the back, we concede far too easily

2 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Too early to be shitting it? we have won 2 of our last 14 league games. Wake up mate.

Oh so we are including Hartleys mess in all the results, not starting a fresh this season as we have more than 50% of a new starting line up. Why dont we include Kernaghans results, after all it was at the same club. Im wide awake thanks.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Oh so we are including Hartleys mess in all the results, not starting a fresh this season as we have more than 50% of a new starting line up. Why dont we include Kernaghans results, after all it was at the same club. Im wide awake thanks.

We have won 1 home league game in 2017. You can make all the excuses you want but until we sign a decent striker we are fucked.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I do agree with this though, what is the latest with the boy seeing our physio?

Don't even know if Meekings is still there but I'm amazed that people still think we can sign more players, look how many centre halfs we already have on the books, that's probably our lot!

1 minute ago, Chewing Taffies said:

We have won 1 home league game in 2017. You can make all the excuses you want but until we sign a decent striker we are fucked.

Just pick and choose what dates you want to use then, Im on about this season mate, not the mess Hartley had.

We have a new squad now, give the boy a fucking chance eh. 

Don't even know if Meekings is still there but I'm amazed that people still think we can sign more players, look how many centre halfs we already have on the books, that's probably our lot!

In with you on this. Very conscious of our past on overspending, and given the amount of dross Hartley signed up on long term deals and all the signings we made this summer on top of that, there can't be much left in the pocket.

2 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Aye we need to offload Julen and McPake.