All things Dundee FC

I see a crisis developing. Even earlier than usual. United game is just a victory over lower league opponents. These first two results are horrendous. More difficult games on the way and a diabolical injury situation.
Having said that I'm not convinced we have a natural goal scorer even if everybody's fit.

Genuinely concerned about us after today. Our competitive games thus far have been extremely poor.

1. Raith - Poor performance, heading for a draw until the 92nd minute.

2. Buckie Thistle - extremely poor, so much so that the manager cancels the squads day off. Unconvincing but a win is a win.

3. Cowdenbeath - good first half performance and a comfortable win against the team that finished bottom of the professional game.

4. Dundee United - Decent performance, but held by a lower league side who could have sneaked a win. Game could have went either way but shouldn't have been close.

5. Ross County - insipid performance. Looked like a complete lack of effort. Deserved beating by team that is perceived as one of the 'weaker' sides.

6. Dundee United 2 - fantastic team performance. Really could have ran up a cricket score. Only won by 1 goal against lower league team but deserved more.

7. Hamilton - utterly thrashed. Good goalkeeping or bad misses from us doesn't account for taking 3 without a reply.

So 2 good performances in our first 7 competitive games. One coming against the worst side in professional football as of last season and the other an admittedly fantastic performance, but again against lower league opposition.

Aberdeen, Hibs, Rangers and St Johnstone to follow - safe to say I'm bricking it.

How many here said we would be looking to challenge a top 6 and that was after we beat cowdenbeath. Look at it for real we are awful. Drop waddell for yer captain Odea for him then to be subbed.
Moussa was meant to be our saviour upfront.
3 goals lol. It's not surprising :-(.

Ah well

O'Dea got injured.

I know I was there. Didn't say otherwise.

I don't understand the point you're making in regards to dropping Waddell for O'Dea then? Was McCann supposed to know O'Dea would get injured?

My point was I wouldn't of put odea back in. Same defence that won during the week. Waddell confidence after United win would of been on a high. Comes on when down to 2-0.

Strike force is awful

Positive Waddell was carrying an injury against Utd midweek after the County game, I had a feeling McCann's selection today would have been down to that and giving young Kerr a rest if so.

Think most people said any advancement on last seasons finishing place was progress. We've replaced our anti football from the tail end of last season with flair up front which has been great to watch at times.

While I think Kamara has been a good addition I still think the bigger problem was that we lacked more muscle in midfield. I'd actually heard a rumour McCann had approached Darion McKinnon to sign him but was knocked back. I wasn't there today so I don't know how effective McKinnon was other than scoring, but I do wonder how different we'd be if we had someone of a similar mould in midfield. McGowan can do it at times but really he's better further forward.

Maybe we could loan out Faiss to a flat in kirkton for a year and send him on a roids course. Having a big raging b*****d chasing c***s about midfield is exactly what we need.

A wake up to every c**t on here getting overly excited about scraping past the dabs.... they're shite and a league below us.... we're also shite and a few no mark players from down south and abroad doesn't make us a top six team. Our defence is woeful and I know I'll be slaughtered for this but I doubt any of our back four would make it into another spl team....yeah take off the rose tinted specs and look at the facts... don't keep clean sheets and don't score enough.... on paper this couldn't possibly be a worse start.... long long difficult season ahead....oh and O'Dea, take your ' great leadership' qualities and GTF

A very worrying result on the back of a home league defeat to another poor team. I am as guilty as many getting exciting about beating a Utd side who are at the end of the day just a championship team. I don't think we are terrible but we desperately need a goal scorer. That will be the difference between a decent season and relegation.