All things Dundee FC

I'm not yet convinced. Allan and Deacon have clearly added much needed quality to the squad.

I need to see more from the rest. Wolters has shown flashes, Kamara is looking solid so far and Moussa has had a decent start.

Baring in mind this is all against lesser opposition. We'll learn a lot more in a few weeks.

Allan and Deacon look quality, Kamara also looks better than we had, we have not lost anybody decent - ergo we must be better?

I'm an optimist so I'd say yes.

Ok help me finish this -

There was a young man from east of Dobbies,

Who like to suck other United fans' boabies,

Blah blah blah blah,

Blah blah blah blah,

And the sleeves of their new strip look like jobbies.

There was a young man from east of Dobbies,

Who likes to suck other United fans' boabies,

He ran far away,

On the 2nd of May,

And the sleeves of their new strip look like jobbies.

Thank You.

ETA: Sounds an awful lot like Granny Danger.

Thank You.

Allan and Deacon look quality, Kamara also looks better than we had, we have not lost anybody decent - ergo we must be better?

I share your optimistic stance. Just hope they turn up when the real season starts, hard to judge too much based on who we've played so far.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Is this squad we have better than last season's squad for the coming season ?

Yes, easily. 

Think back to walking out of New Bayview this time last season for the answer.  Witnessing the performances of new signings like Michael Duffy had me worried about relegation from day 1 

We did give out a few pumpings also with a "shittier" team at start of season.
Reason I asked the question is I'm unsure :-(. Quite desperate for the season to start but again if we finished 10th I'd be happy.

When we handed out these pumpings,Hemmings and Stewart had a lot to do with it.

When we handed out these pumpings,Hemmings and Stewart had a lot to do with it.

We also finished top 6 without Hemmings remember.

The main thing for me this season is the getting the defence right. We have better quality into the box now and can't see many better strikers in the market unless we want to scout Holland for more unknowns we'll have to make do.

Clean sheets and plenty of them please.

There's a bit in the Tele saying Haber was with the U20s squad at the weekend.  If Haber's not recovering from a knock it looks like McCann is either trying to teach him a lesson or push him out the door.  Hopefully Hately was in the U20s squad as well!

McCann confirmed on Friday that Hateley was missing due to an injury. The fact we only had 2 fit strikers on Saturday while Haber played for the u20s speaks volumes IMO. Is he really out the door or was there a fall out after being left out v Raith? Either way while Haber is at the club and we only have 2 fit strikers he should be included IMO.

There's a bit in the Tele saying Haber was with the U20s squad at the weekend.  If Haber's not recovering from a knock it looks like McCann is either trying to teach him a lesson or push him out the door.  Hopefully Hately was in the U20s squad as well!

It also has photos of Meekings in the crowd on Saturday and that Hateley has been told he's free to leave and he is interesting clubs in Europe.

Hateley has been told to find a new club. Polish and German clubs interested according to the Tele.

Is there a reason Polish clubs seem to be signing so many players from Scotland lately?

Is there a reason Polish clubs seem to be signing so many players from Scotland lately?

Hateley will be well known in Poland having spent a couple of seasons there tbf.

It also has photos of Meekings in the crowd on Saturday and that Hateley has been told he's free to leave and he is interesting clubs in Europe.

Didn't realise you had got in before me!