All things Dundee FC

In terms of comparisons with United, I see they've broke the 4000 mark and sold 4059. Since we've massively improved our kids options and are operating a refer a friend scheme - hopefully our season ticket sales are looking healthy.

How many have Dundee sold, do you reckon? Why dont you have a season ticket counter on your webpage to let fans know how the sales are coming along?

10 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

How many have Dundee sold, do you reckon? Why dont you have a season ticket counter on your webpage to let fans know how the sales are coming along?

Not only does Twinkle make the Dundee FC his second home in life, he also wants to see the season ticket total go up one by one on the Dundee FC website:lol:

The Dabs are getting fed up of Championship life. Pleasing.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Not only does Twinkle make the Dundee FC his second home in life, he also wants to see the season ticket total go up one by one on the Dundee FC website[emoji38]
The Dabs are getting fed up of Championship life. Pleasing.

[emoji38] cracker mate

Ludo mentioned Uniteds season ticket sales so i asked about Dundees. Hardly ground breaking stuff NDD

Not really getting all the negativity about yesterday to be honest - and especially don't see where McCann is coming from going as far as cancelling their day off. First half I thought we played some really good football and moved it well across the pitch and for once we're actually playing some football in the final third. I thought Buckie defended well, and if it wasn't for their keeper we could have been at least 3 up by half time.

Second half wasn't quite as good, and maybe I can see that this is where people are getting at, but I still don't think it was near as bad as people were making out. We played with 2 very young centre halves so mistakes were always going to happen - then again, Bain didn't really have anything to do all afternoon. We were definitely much improved from last year, and that's what people need to remember.

Was actually really quite impressed with Kerr Waddell - threw himself into tackles, and just seems generally comfortable playing in the first team which is good to see.

McGowan played really well first half and was probably one of our better players. He struggled a bit second half and I think that's what affected our performance as a team. He controlled the game first half i he middle of the park whereas he started giving the ball away a lot more in the second.

Deacon was decent and think he will cause defenders a lot of problems. Moussa to me looks like he's also going to be a handful for defenders.

I'm still optimistic about this season!

Thank You.

I agree with most of what you say and it's good to see Kerr Waddell coming through and he looks no worse than Gomis or Julen.

It's all fair to say it didn't totally click yesterday either and Buckie are a highland league side, albeit no mugs.

The 1 turnstile open in mainstand with 10 minutes to go was pretty typical. Shambles as usual . Eventually opened 2 but by then ques we're pretty big

They had one turnstile open at the Cox when I arrived at 2.40 or so and the queue was already massive. It's probably in part a tactic to get fans into the shop and buy something at the same time as picking up/buying their ticket, but with the shop having such a wee footprint it just creates bottlenecks.

On 15/07/2017 at 20:05, G_Man1985 said:

Could put it in his name certainly? Rather than Pnb if we can find out his name or use his name here ? Either one I'd be up for that

Regarding Dee Dee, Can whoever is dealing with this let me know please. 

Edited by Psychic Pete

They had one turnstile open at the Cox when I arrived at 2.40 or so and the queue was already massive. It's probably in part a tactic to get fans into the shop and buy something at the same time as picking up/buying their ticket, but with the shop having such a wee footprint it just creates bottlenecks.

I'd bought my tickets in advance and we got in at the second turnstile absolutely no bother at 2.50. Folk that were paying on the gate were the only ones having to queue.

I understand there may be cost implications but what about etickets and/or a contactless terminal. It's quite tricky for me to get in to buy tickets, the online ticketing is a mass IMO. Why make the business of taking money off people difficult for the punters?

Tickets are a load of bollocks except for derby games or big cup games. Our averaged attendance is about 50% of the stadiums capacity. Trivial or not it messes fans about and every stand should have at least one PATG turnstile.

Thank You.

2 hours ago, scottdeeuk said:

I'd bought my tickets in advance and we got in at the second turnstile absolutely no bother at 2.50. Folk that were paying on the gate were the only ones having to queue.

The point remains.  Why is there a need to make a game that was always going to be poorly attended all ticket?  By making it all ticket you either have to turn up earlier to buy one / collect (if previously purchased online) or attend Dens on a day prior to the match to get the ticket.  Totally bonkers.  You can't make it up.

Do we still play the reserve matches at Montrose?  Are they all ticket?

I understand there may be cost implications but what about etickets and/or a contactless terminal. It's quite tricky for me to get in to buy tickets, the online ticketing is a mass IMO. Why make the business of taking money off people difficult for the punters?

Morton are doing it this year. Season ticket holders all get smart cards and if you go into the shop, they'll give you one for free which you can top up online (can probably set it up so you can instantly do it on your phone).

I may be wrong but I think the cost for the technology for this sort of thing has rapidly decreased.

On 23 July 2017 at 11:14, Ludo*1 said:

In terms of comparisons with United, I see they've broke the 4000 mark and sold 4059. Since we've massively improved our kids options and are operating a refer a friend scheme - hopefully our season ticket sales are looking healthy.

I have it on good authority that the number of tickets United have sold (i.e. not given away to kids etc.) is well short of 4,000. 

Is this squad we have better than last season's squad for the coming season ?

I'm an optimist so I'd say yes.

Ok help me finish this -

There was a young man from east of Dobbies,
Who like to suck other United fans' boabies,
Blah blah blah blah,
Blah blah blah blah,
And the sleeves of their new strip look like jobbies.

Is this squad we have better than last season's squad for the coming season ?

I'm not yet convinced. Allan and Deacon have clearly added much needed quality to the squad.

I need to see more from the rest. Wolters has shown flashes, Kamara is looking solid so far and Moussa has had a decent start.

Baring in mind this is all against lesser opposition. We'll learn a lot more in a few weeks.