All things Dundee FC

I think from the games so far our new signings look a bit hit and miss although still too early to judge properly. Hits are Allan, Kamara, Moussa and Deacon. Jury still out on Hendry and Spence. Not seen the new keeper yet and Randy looks pish. We definitely need at least two more additions.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I was more disappointed in the crowd than anything else. To not break 3000 when the game is only £10 is piss poor tbh regardless of opposition.

Doesn't help when they make it all ticket in the Derry for a match like this.  Obviously can't use the season ticket so turned up with 5 minutes to go expecting to be able to pay at the gate only to be told I had to buy a ticket from the club shop first.  A lesser Dee would have given up but not me!  A quick sprint (by my standards) up the Provie Road followed by a slow wait in the long queue and I had the ticket that let me enter the same gate that I was refused entry from 10 minutes earlier!  Still, El Bak's goal alone was worth it.

I think from the games so far our new signings look a bit hit and miss although still too early to judge properly. Hits are Allan, Kamara, Moussa and Deacon. Jury still out on Hendry and Spence. Not seen the new keeper yet and Randy looks pish. We definitely need at least two more additions.

Totally agree with you.

Hendry doesn't look as good/ready as the lad we lost to Killie. We need a solid partner for O'Dea.

Wolters doesn't look massively interested to me. He wasn't tracking back either when Deacon was. BTW isn't Wolters left footed too?

I'm sick saying it but I be coaching O'Hara in to the CH role right away. He's going to struggle to get a game ahead of Kamara, Allan, Gowser and Deacon. He's battling with Vincent, Hateley, Williams, Wolters and Spence, not forgetting Wighton, for 1 spot if we play a 5 or someone's injured.

Not sure if Wolters is left footed but he seemed very reluctant to get it in early with his left foot. Kept on trying to take the man on despite having no skill or exceptional pace. He looks a very average player. I like O'Hara. Away at Motherwell in the 5-1 game I though he was a real threat going forward and a good option to have. Never seen him at CH but I believe he prefers playing further forward and that is part of the reason he wanted away from Killie.

Not sure if Wolters is left footed but he seemed very reluctant to get it in early with his left foot. Kept on trying to take the man on despite having no skill or exceptional pace. He looks a very average player. I like O'Hara. Away at Motherwell in the 5-1 game I though he was a real threat going forward and a good option to have. Never seen him at CH but I believe he prefers playing further forward and that is part of the reason he wanted away from Killie.

He's certainly lacking in pace.

In the Motherwell game O'Hara was a threat and he can break forward and look dangerous, Darren O'Dea can do that too.

I'd go as far to say despite his attributes Dundee is the highest level he can aspire to, and he might not even be that good, if he continues to play in midfield. I just don't think his brain works quick enough, he seems to have a limited sense of the runs his team mates are making or a sense of the patterns that are emerging around him.

He's not a shite player by any means but his physical attribute coupled with his lack of nouse mean he is more suited to central defence with the game in front of him.

Shouts that Haber would've scored a hatful are ludicrous. If the crosses don't beat the defenders then even Haber wouldn't have gotten on the end of them.

Thought we lacked a ruthlessness today that we would have seen had this been a league game because we always knew we'd get more chances. Though I will say it was quite enjoyable seeing us run rings around a team for a change. For the first 45 minutes it was like playing FIFA when no ones using the other controller.

Don't fully understand McCann's point that we can't expect to turn up and beat them as we're the premiership side - as that's exactly what we did.

Think Wolters is a better player than he's been showing. Williams looks so much better under a competent manager.

I also have a feeling that because of McCann's discovery that you can actually play football in those forward wing areas (who knew?) that this has meant our fullbacks have less freedom to get forward and could explain their downturn in form.

Anyway that's enough of that shite, think the jiynts have me thinking I'm on sportscene.

MOUSSA! MOUSSA! MOUSSA!

Edit: Thank you.

Mate you don't even know who was left back today - I suggest you stay off the glue.

Kevin "the left footed left back" Holt, maybe? [emoji23]

I was simply pointing out, and seen my point was backed up by a few other posters that in our "entire squad of players with no left foot" Randy does seem to prefer his left foot.

Don't know if this qualifies as my first post, but given that I've posted something like six times in seven years, I'm claiming this as a rebirth. Felt prompted by the zoomers on Facebook who seem to think this is last season all over again to waffle on a bit about our signings.

It's never easy to tell which signings are going to be belters and who will be the wage thieves on the basis of a handful of friendlies and two cup games, particularly when I reckon our starting XI any given week will only have four or five from last year and will need time to gel, but I've got high hopes for Kamara, Deacon and Moussa. Kamara's the quiet, industrious protection our back four's been crying out for and is the pick of the bunch for me. He's had one or two slack passes, but the fact he only got murmurs of appreciation from the usually filled-with-murderous-rage denizens of the Cox today after being subbed on was promising. Moussa seems to be a bit batshit mental and reminds me a bit of Fab Cab - maybe he'll be on Twitter in 15 years' time issuing come and get me pleas too.

I'm absolutely not writing them off, but Hendry and Spence both look raw and have been prone to some baffling passing. Some of their mistakes today would've been ruthlessly punished by better teams. On the flip side, Allan's passes were peachy, but I hope and trust NM tore strips off him for the showboating that cost us possession once or twice.

I think RawB93 is spot on about Holt/Kerr - I've been a wee bit disappointed in them so far, but their contribution might have to change this year if we persist with Deacon and Wolters on the wings. Wolters looks like such a streaky player to me; I think he'll have a poor run for three or four games at a time before turning it on out of nowhere. Deacon, on the other hand, reminds me a bit of Sir Greg; maybe it's the use of the arse to hold on to the ball, but he looks like a more consistent performer. Hopefully Williams and Wighton give RW a wee bit of competition out there.

I'm still feeling pretty positive, despite today's anaemic performance. NM seems to have high standards and take no prisoners, and sending a rocket up them rather than trotting out the "3 points is all that matters" patter might instil a winning mentality that we haven't had for yonks. He's also got a few different ideas for systems/team selection and, despite today's bench, isn't spunking the full budget on slight, ineffectual centre mids, so he's already a hero in my eyes. Once the team gels a bit we'll be golden.

P.S. John Nelms, if you're reading g this, can you install some sort of surface-to-air missile system to take out the army of seagulls at Dens? They're doing my head in.

Don't know if this qualifies as my first post, but given that I've posted something like six times in seven years, I'm claiming this as a rebirth. Felt prompted by the zoomers on Facebook who seem to think this is last season all over again to waffle on a bit about our signings.

It's never easy to tell which signings are going to be belters and who will be the wage thieves on the basis of a handful of friendlies and two cup games, particularly when I reckon our starting XI any given week will only have four or five from last year and will need time to gel, but I've got high hopes for Kamara, Deacon and Moussa. Kamara's the quiet, industrious protection our back four's been crying out for and is the pick of the bunch for me. He's had one or two slack passes, but the fact he only got murmurs of appreciation from the usually filled-with-murderous-rage denizens of the Cox today after being subbed on was promising. Moussa seems to be a bit batshit mental and reminds me a bit of Fab Cab - maybe he'll be on Twitter in 15 years' time issuing come and get me pleas too.

I'm absolutely not writing them off, but Hendry and Spence both look raw and have been prone to some baffling passing. Some of their mistakes today would've been ruthlessly punished by better teams. On the flip side, Allan's passes were peachy, but I hope and trust NM tore strips off him for the showboating that cost us possession once or twice.

I think RawB93 is spot on about Holt/Kerr - I've been a wee bit disappointed in them so far, but their contribution might have to change this year if we persist with Deacon and Wolters on the wings. Wolters looks like such a streaky player to me; I think he'll have a poor run for three or four games at a time before turning it on out of nowhere. Deacon, on the other hand, reminds me a bit of Sir Greg; maybe it's the use of the arse to hold on to the ball, but he looks like a more consistent performer. Hopefully Williams and Wighton give RW a wee bit of competition out there.

I'm still feeling pretty positive, despite today's anaemic performance. NM seems to have high standards and take no prisoners, and sending a rocket up them rather than trotting out the "3 points is all that matters" patter might instil a winning mentality that we haven't had for yonks. He's also got a few different ideas for systems/team selection and, despite today's bench, isn't spunking the full budget on slight, ineffectual centre mids, so he's already a hero in my eyes. Once the team gels a bit we'll be golden.

P.S. John Nelms, if you're reading g this, can you install some sort of surface-to-air missile system to take out the army of seagulls at Dens? They're doing my head in.

Good post.

Why all ticket for the South enclosure. Utterly baffling. Got to the gate at quarter to 3 only to then limp around on my gimpy leg to the shop. Guy at the ticket counter then blames me for arriving too late to the football and says "it's been all ticket for these games for the last 5 years"
Yeah, but why ? Was this going to be a sell out ?
Raith were able to allow us to pay at the gate, Cowdenbeath will be the same. Only at Dens can we make an absolute crunt of it.
p.s. Why was the Bolton friendly not all ticket ?
Seething [emoji36]

Why all ticket for the South enclosure. Utterly baffling. Got to the gate at quarter to 3 only to then limp around on my gimpy leg to the shop. Guy at the ticket counter then blames me for arriving too late to the football and says "it's been all ticket for these games for the last 5 years"
Raith were able to allow us to pay at the gate, Cowdenbeath will be the same. Only at Dens can we make an absolute crunt of it.
Seething [emoji36]

Totally agree. Complete clusterfuck.

Seething [emoji36]

It wasn't all ticket for the Forfar game last year either. Cup games against that sort of opposition have usually had pay gates.

Not really getting all the negativity about yesterday to be honest - and especially don't see where McCann is coming from going as far as cancelling their day off. First half I thought we played some really good football and moved it well across the pitch and for once we're actually playing some football in the final third. I thought Buckie defended well, and if it wasn't for their keeper we could have been at least 3 up by half time.

Second half wasn't quite as good, and maybe I can see that this is where people are getting at, but I still don't think it was near as bad as people were making out. We played with 2 very young centre halves so mistakes were always going to happen - then again, Bain didn't really have anything to do all afternoon. We were definitely much improved from last year, and that's what people need to remember.

Was actually really quite impressed with Kerr Waddell - threw himself into tackles, and just seems generally comfortable playing in the first team which is good to see.

McGowan played really well first half and was probably one of our better players. He struggled a bit second half and I think that's what affected our performance as a team. He controlled the game first half i he middle of the park whereas he started giving the ball away a lot more in the second.

Deacon was decent and think he will cause defenders a lot of problems. Moussa to me looks like he's also going to be a handful for defenders.

I'm still optimistic about this season!

Thank You.

1 minute ago, fifeunited said:

Use are pish, double training session nxt Monday after united take 4 off use nxt week emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Is this the same illiterate moron we had to put up with 2 seasons ago? Canna mind his name but obviously has not been back to school.

In terms of comparisons with United, I see they've broke the 4000 mark and sold 4059. Since we've massively improved our kids options and are operating a refer a friend scheme - hopefully our season ticket sales are looking healthy.