All things Dundee FC

Hard to take anything from what was essentially a training game.

Thought spence looked okay and will be a decent enough squad player.

Thought both full backs were relatively poor again.

Moussa leads the line well and actually looks okay. The Rivaldo style overhead kick he tried was wild!

Deacon looked good, Wolters quite poor.

Bain had pretty much nothing to do.

I think there two places in the starting XI up for grabs. Faisal/Wolters/Williams on the left wing and O'Hara/McGowan/Vincent/Spence for the parter to Kamara in the 2 in midfield. Think the rest of the team is pretty much picked now.

McCann tearing the team a new one and cancelling their day off tomorrow for an extra day of training.

More than a bit harsh. We certainly should have done a lot better but a win is a win.

Tell you what, we'd have been a lot more comfortable if he had Haber playing. Crossing balls to El Bahk is never gonna work and whilst alright, Moussa doesn't look near as dominant in the air as Haber.

I actually thought McGowan was very good. Deacon looks like he will cause defenders problems. Wolters was very poor. Allan came on and played the 3 best passes of the game - a class above. Kamara looks like an athlete and keeps the ball well. Moussa was unlucky not to get a least one more - great save from the keeper who had a few amazing saves. The defence weren't really tested.

23 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Be interesting to see how Biggie etc feel about this given their hatred for Pawlett and GMS

I won't put up with it, and I will shout, 'That's very un-sportsman-like Moussa, kindly refrain from these antics'. Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

McCann's treatment of Haber is pretty poor and I think it's still desperately clear we need him. I've said it a few times, and I'll keep saying it, he still looks like the best forward we have.

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Different game I'm watching regarding McGowan. Countless times he gave away possession. Really was shite.

Yes will have to agree to disagree on that one. He is one player who always looks to get on the ball and move it forward. I agree he gave it away a couple of times but apart from that I thought his passing was good. He was streets ahead of most payers today and NM has also mentioned him as one of our best players today. To say he was shite is ridiculous to be honest.

I thought McGowan did a lot of defensive midfield work very well today.  Like G Man says though he did give the ball away a lot.  A big part of the reason for this is because he doesn't have a left foot.    I can't believe the number of times a simple left foot pass was on but he either turns back (holding up a quick move as a result) to get the ball on his right foot or does a weak pass with the outside of his right foot.  He really does have to learn that his left leg is not just for standing on.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCann's treatment of Haber is pretty poor and I think it's still desperately clear we need him. I've said it a few times, and I'll keep saying it, he still looks like the best forward we have.

Maybe he's got an injury.

22 hours ago, Fifespud said:

They come from east of Dobbies
Their shirt sleeves look like jobbies

Please complete.

They gave away Blair Spittal

Farfar is a shithole

The Dayglo Family

Maybe he's got an injury.

He's not. He posted a picture saying he couldn't wait for the match on Tuesday yet never made the subs despite McCann admitting Moussa was nowhere near ready and to try 20 minutes if he could push himself to it.

Hard to take anything from what was essentially a training game.

Thought spence looked okay and will be a decent enough squad player.

Thought both full backs were relatively poor again.

Moussa leads the line well and actually looks okay. The Rivaldo style overhead kick he tried was wild!

Deacon looked good, Wolters quite poor.

Bain had pretty much nothing to do.

I think there two places in the starting XI up for grabs. Faisal/Wolters/Williams on the left wing and O'Hara/McGowan/Vincent/Spence for the parter to Kamara in the 2 in midfield. Think the rest of the team is pretty much picked now.

I agree with most of that although I think McGowan will and should start most games.

To me we are still a CH short, hopefully Meekings isn't completely fucked and signs up.

If everyone was fit the 11 I'd pick would be -

Bain Kerr O'Dea Gadz Holt Kamara McGowan Allan Deacon FEB and Moussa

I'm not sorry in the slightest to see Haber gone, Moussa already seems a better player to me.