All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, K.T said:

Dundee United are a fucking disgrace. It's as simple as that. No class and a shite support. Sometimes I like to watch Wightons goal on YouTube from the United end. A few glorious seconds where a man yells 'for f**k sake' in frustration and an old woman turns around in disbelief, with her hand over her mouth, unable to comprehend that she's just witnessed her team being blasted off into the abyss of Scottish football, much like the Xenomorph was blasted off into space at the end of Alien IV. And the Dees pushed the button. I watch that and I laugh a hearty laugh. GIRFUY darling. She's probably never been to a game since. To top it all off, the camera boy zooms in to Thompson and says 'this is all your fault'. I really have no idea how that footage hasn't won some sort of award. Glorious.

I only just watched the exact same video yesterday. It's a thing of beauty and i'll never get tired of it. 

Up there with the highlights of the capture for me is the joy at their goal. The fears of being relegated at Dens had been lifted for a short moment and the high pitched celebrations ensue.

I hope they fucking loved that goal. I hope they thought they were escaping the relegation at the hands of their more illustrious neighbours, which they had been fearing for weeks. I also enjoy the mink who ran onto the pitch, summing up the scruffy Arab b*****ds. He looks like he's been dressed by Stevie Wonder and he is the persona of an Outer East Angus, Dobbies dwelling Pokemon hunter.

It usually sends me down a route of clicking on random Dundee FC videos which bring back great memories. That's what it's all about and is something the old firm vermin and East Angus daytrippers will never feel or know. I'm not forgetting these fucking arseholes who parade around with English club tops on - they get right on my breasts, i'll tell yi.

I couldn't give a f**k if Dundee ever win anything again in my lifetime - it's more than that.The 25 point season, Relegating the Dabs, Academical paying Morten to lose by 8 and still not outdoing us, legends such as Dariuz the Pole, Grady and Annand who you remember from youth as you were still there, The Bonetti Era, The fucking Derry Steps, the mates you make through the club and knowing your standing in the same place as where your family members have before. Why the f**k would you need a piece of metal being lifted to make it all worthwhile. I don't give a f**k.

Thank you.

The 25 point season was a sensational achievement. Clubs may win cups etc, but no team had the pressure of what would have resulted in us pretty much folding as a club if we didn't survive. And in order to survive we had to rely on trialists. Not just trialists, but fans of the club that played for a stint, retired television pundits scoring 90th minute winners and breaking club records along the way.

What a season!

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I couldn't give a f**k if Dundee ever win anything again in my lifetime - it's more than that.The 25 point season, Relegating the Dabs, Academical paying Morten to lose by 8 and still not outdoing us, legends such as Dariuz the Pole, Grady and Annand who you remember from youth as you were still there, The Bonetti Era, The fucking Derry Steps, the mates you make through the club and knowing your standing in the same place as where your family members have before. Why the f**k would you need a piece of metal being lifted to make it all worthwhile. I don't give a f**k.

Thank you.

Entirely this. Had this discussion with a mate last night. Couldnt give a shit if we don't win anything, some of the memories Ive had of being a Dee are fucking priceless. A lot of it doesnt even relate to any score on the pitch. They don't get that. To them, results are everything.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

The 25 point season was a sensational achievement. Clubs may win cups etc, but no team had the pressure of what would have resulted in us pretty much folding as a club if we didn't survive. And in order to survive we had to rely on trialists. Not just trialists, but fans of the club that played for a stint, retired television pundits scoring 90th minute winners and breaking club records along the way.

What a season!

I remember the shock of pulling up to Starks Park and finding out about Craig Robertson in the starting line-up. It was even more remarkable when he didn't seem out of place and we were treated to a great win!

I particularly enjoyed the seethe of McIntyre when their massive squad which comprised of every free agent in Scotland couldn't beat us and they were disgraced at our workaround to sign Jake Hyde!

A win and clean sheet would be nice. In theory this should be a demolition job against Buckie

I have a horrible feeling we are going to drop points today. Hope the players don't take a win for granted.

Thoughts on the team today? Williams at LB? O'Dea rested? Haber to start? The new keeper getting a run out?

I reckon Bain, Kerr, Henry, Waddell, Williams, Kamara, Allan, Gowser, Deacon, Wolters and Haber

They don't get that. To them, results are everything.

And it's why they are struggling to sell out their allocation for the first derby in almost 15 months. It'd be interesting how they'd react to a third consecutive season in the seaside leagues. A lot less cars covered in cow dung; rapeseed and A92 roadkill clogging up the Cleppy on Championship match days I'd imagine.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I only just watched the exact same video yesterday. It's a thing of beauty and i'll never get tired of it. 

Up there with the highlights of the capture for me is the joy at their goal. The fears of being relegated at Dens had been lifted for a short moment and the high pitched celebrations ensue.

I hope they fucking loved that goal. I hope they thought they were escaping the relegation at the hands of their more illustrious neighbours, which they had been fearing for weeks. I also enjoy the mink who ran onto the pitch, summing up the scruffy Arab b*****ds. He looks like he's been dressed by Stevie Wonder and he is the persona of an Outer East Angus, Dobbies dwelling Pokemon hunter.

It usually sends me down a route of clicking on random Dundee FC videos which bring back great memories. That's what it's all about and is something the old firm vermin and East Angus daytrippers will never feel or know. I'm not forgetting these fucking arseholes who parade around with English club tops on - they get right on my breasts, i'll tell yi.

Thank you.

The last paragraph sums it up to perfection. Superb!

Made me think about when I was a kid and used to use the Derry steps that are now closed.  I was going to dodge today's match but my father, his father and his father never dodged home games and neither should I.  Come on Dundee!

Suspect the squad confirms Haber on his way, or at least, not in McCann's plans

Certainly looks that way.

From what I hear Wighton's injury may be pretty bad however so he may have to hang on to Haber a bit longer.

Certainly looks that way.

From what I hear Wighton's injury may be pretty bad however so he may have to hang on to Haber a bit longer.

Did he get injured in training as can't remember him getting a knock during the game?