All things Dundee FC

Looks like we almost lost Moussa to an injury as part of his celebration. Calm down, laddie, it was only Raith in the Betfred. Save that kind of shenanigans for when you complete your hat trick against the Jobby Sleeves. 

11 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

What was everyone's thoughts on Moussa?

Looks very good in the air and actually have a few decent touches aside from getting he ball stuck in his feet. Also seems slightly mental, which I like.

Watch Gowser after Moussa scores, He's either saying keep the head or 'That Moussa c**t is aff his nut, next time am square going the polis that big Tunisian is defo ma back up thank you'

I like Moussa already.

Thank you

I think Allen will need a grafter in midfield that he can play off and use the space and the ability he undoubtedly has.  Reminds a bit of GMS when he left the DABS for Parkhead.  He looked a decent player but could not handle the physical side of the game and was continually snuffed out by aggressive defenders (I expect the same result for GMS in a Dons shirt this season).

Looks very good in the air and actually have a few decent touches aside from getting he ball stuck in his feet. Also seems slightly mental, which I like.

He got himself stuck in and made an impact in the 20 minutes he was given, not a lot of subs get into the game with so little time so credit to the lad.

Looking forward to seeing what he can deliver over the full 90.

He had an amazing chest down to Faissal where he showed a remarkable positional awareness and weighted it perfectly under pressure. There were a few moments in the air where he managed to directly find Faissal.

My instinct is that he's a quality player from a few glimpses but obviously early days.

Regardless of his ability, I'm desperately hoping McCann isn't trying to bin Haber. We saw many times last season and we saw last night how toothless our attack is without a target man and although Faissal always puts in a good shift, he isn't made for that role. I honestly think that it was a huge issue in the Aberdeen at home game since we could never hold a ball up and just brought pressure onto the defence. We need at least two in our squad IMO.

No but post match he said having a squad with depth meant players will need to impress to be selected but having 4 games in 2 weeks meant the squad would be used. So with that I expect Haber and Hateley will most likely feature on Sat along with a few others that were on the bench last night. Haber is prob unlucky to miss out but I thought Faiss did ok against Bolton and deserved a start last night. Did him up top on his own work last night? No but with McCann looking to get Moussa involved even though not fit enough to play 90 minutes Haber had to miss out. I fully expect Moussa either up top or Faiss alongside him once Moussa is match fit. Deacon and Wolters need to continue getting game time so they can adjust to Scottish football. Last night wasn't pretty and we are far from the finished article which McCann acknowledged after the game but there are few good positives there.

6 minutes ago, Steve Bee said:

No but post match he said having a squad with depth meant players will need to impress to be selected but having 4 games in 2 weeks meant the squad would be used. So with that I expect Haber and Hateley will most likely feature on Sat along with a few others that were on the bench last night. Haber is prob unlucky to miss out but I thought Faiss did ok against Bolton and deserved a start last night. Did him up top on his own work last night? No but with McCann looking to get Moussa involved even though not fit enough to play 90 minutes Haber had to miss out. I fully expect Moussa either up top or Faiss alongside him once Moussa is match fit. Deacon and Wolters need to continue getting game time so they can adjust to Scottish football. Last night wasn't pretty and we are far from the finished article which McCann acknowledged after the game but there are few good positives there.

That's all well but I'm not really sure I buy that Haber had to miss out because of Faissal (who even showed less influence in the Bolton game than Haber did when he come on) and McCann's handling of him shows he doesn't rate him. That's a big problem and IMO nearly caused us to go out the cup to third tier opposition yet again.

It will be interesting to see the line up on Saturday given a theoretically weaker oppposition. 

The defence was pretty good last night so I'd expect there to see O'Dea rested to make sure he's ok for the derby. To be honest Kerr Waddell has impressed me, he looks much better than a young lad starting out in his professional career and its nice to see another young Dee step up - I expect he will start in place of O'Dea. To give the absent guys a go, I'd not be surprised to See Hateley and Williams on as rb and lb respectively. They both looked ok in pre-season in these positions.

In the middle, however it didn't click last night -McGowan made a difference when he came on, and I think he'll start along with Allan and Camara.I'd keep Deacon and Wolters as they need the time as well, and as Moussa's fitness is not yet up for a full game I'd have Haber on with FEB or Wighton.

More penetration and tempo please lads.

Our 2nd was definitely El Bahk's from the highlight, looks like Hendry missed it from that angle in the highlights and El Bahk had it bounce of his head as he was fouled and happened to divert it in.