All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Pinko said:

On the opposite scale of physical how do you reckon Wighton will get on this season?

Looks like he'll be stuck out wide for the most part where I don't think he belongs. Would love to see him play off the striker if given the chance.

I think this added physicality will only help the Delicate Duo (el Bakh and CC33). These big bruisers will hopefully rifle their way through formations, allowing those two to slip between the cracks, 'feed off scraps' (hate that phrase) and generally play to their strengths.

The reason they've been so poor (IMO) is because our frontline gets marked out the game, easily. I'm optimistic that will be different this year.

ETA: Finally appears we're getting some balance.

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC

Send him out on loan to somewhere like Brechin. Did well in that friendly certainly so maybe that is his level ? I'm still not convinced with him however this season maybe can change my opinion of him :-)

Not sure about another loan spell, he didn't really inspire when he went to Raith.

Think the kids got a lot to offer, just fear that sticking him wide will do more bad than good for both him and the team.

Not sure about another loan spell, he didn't really inspire when he went to Raith.

Think the kids got a lot to offer, just fear that sticking him wide will do more bad than good for both him and the team.

Not really sure there's really many options for him. If he's playing inside, he's got to be offering much more on a consistent basis than he does so I can see why it's hard for a manager to accommodate him there.

There aren't really many limiting factors for him to not put in a good shift out wide. He's relatively quick and can beat a full back in tight space. His performance against Rangers showed that he can be effective there when he gets stuck in and is flowing with confidence. It's just really his defensive work rate that I think is the issue and him getting stuck in the wrong parts of the pitch at times.

I don't mean to sound like I'm slating him but I get the feeling that a lot of his performance comes down to how he's mentally prepared. He seems to go between being a shy timid boy who is worried of making mistakes to someone who is very daring and just really enjoying himself. If he has a poor first five minutes, we may as well take him off.

4 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

I've chipped in a few times too and wouldn't be put off doing it again.

I'm still really thinking about doing this scarf thing, spoken to loads of printers but they all take fucking ages and charge an arm and a leg.

Thank you.

I wouldn't be put of either Liam can't let one bad egg put us off.

100% We should do the scarf thing and maybe some of the lads who got bumped would be willing to use some of the dosh Deefiant is ahem going to return use for the scarf idea. What's the figures and timescale you're being hit with?

Thank you

Roll on the fucking Derby i say. Choking to see us humiliate the Angus c***s. We're going to take them apart - Gibby82 will be pulling his stupid as f**k Abba hairstyle out strand by strand in a furious tornado of temper as the Derry mocks his frankly offensive barnet.

Twinkle will be sitting sooking weathers originals sent in the post by Radford and scrolling through Dundee threads to stop his eyes witnessing the massacre.

Main Stand section A B and C sold out today after Granny Danger picked up his ticket this morning. The old rickety seats are in for a battering as the bison takes to his seat. The glaring shine from his baldy b*****d head is to be covered to avoid putting off the players, and the stalls around the ground won't be open as the Mammoths food requirements are met.

The cast of Lord of the Rings will be making their usual trip to 4J's pre match. Please make sure you go beforehand as the Orcs and other creatures may well be seething after the match before the bus takes them back to Mordor and outer Froikheim.

It appears the wetwipe Dabs can't even sell out the Shankly once more. Normal service has resumed in the City of Dundee and it has my Boaby at the most lofted angle of my entirety - to be honest its been like that since Wightons goal caressed the net on that fine Monday evening and there is no sign of floppiness in the near future.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

I've chipped in a few times too and wouldn't be put off doing it again.

I'm still really thinking about doing this scarf thing, spoken to loads of printers but they all take fucking ages and charge an arm and a leg.

Thank you.

If printers are being difficult then you could always try and find someone with a knitting machine - if its new enough you can get them to weave it to any design straight off the computer... (an ex of mine was a textile designer)

49 minutes ago, locheedee said:

If printers are being difficult then you could always try and find someone with a knitting machine - if its new enough you can get them to weave it to any design straight off the computer... (an ex of mine was a textile designer)

@RandomGuy. Can you help?

59 minutes ago, locheedee said:

That's a very, very good idea. Might actually know someone that owns one.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Does anyone of you
buy the replica tops? I think the away top is smart? Wouldn't be a full kit w****r though.

I used to get at least one but at £45 a pop I'm struggling to justify it this time, especially when I'll only wear it to games.