All things Dundee FC

Really? This Jags fan would have been pretty underwhelmed. He seemed a reasonable prospect in the few games he played but did little down south. I wouldn't expect him to walk into the starting line-up at Dens or Firhill.

I guess you're in the 1%.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If they genuinely do play Scobbie at left back, and your two wingers are genuinely big physical fuckers with pace, then you'd be trying hard not to be creating regular chances.

tenor.gif 

Really? This Jags fan would have been pretty underwhelmed. He seemed a reasonable prospect in the few games he played but did little down south.

Hmm. Sounds an awful lot like a certain Mr Hemmings. He was shite too right enough.

10 hours ago, Walter said:

Really? This Jags fan would have been pretty underwhelmed. He seemed a reasonable prospect in the few games he played but did little down south. I wouldn't expect him to walk into the starting line-up at Dens or Firhill.

To be fair I would expect him to be third choice. I think we'll still sign one more centre back. 

13 minutes ago, an-dee said:

To be fair I would expect him to be third choice. I think we'll still sign one more centre back. 

He had a year left on his contract at Wigan so I doubt he has been tempted back up here to be a squad player. He showed plenty of promise at Firhill. Big, powerful and commanding. As I said, the lack of games would be the only worry for me. Played a few games for us, a few for Wigan and some for the teams he was loaned out to. With Lindsay away, I would have been delighted to have seen him back at Firhill

1 minute ago, Sting777 said:

He had a year left on his contract at Wigan so I doubt he has been tempted back up here to be a squad player. He showed plenty of promise at Firhill. Big, powerful and commanding. As I said, the lack of games would be the only worry for me. Played a few games for us, a few for Wigan and some for the teams he was loaned out to. With Lindsay away, I would have been delighted to have seen him back at Firhill

Didn't realise he had a year left. Sounds like he has plenty of potential. The type of player we should be signing. 

My pal who's a Thistle fan said the following about Hendry:
"Was a good centre back with a bit of skill as well. Confident player on the ball. Not the biggest but when we had him he was good. Went to Wigan and obviously struggled but if he's improved since him time down in England it's a good signing"

Hopefully he's developed a bit more physically then, what height is he? But sounds like a really promising signing. McCann has done fucking marvellous this summer IMVHO

Thank You.

Hendry played a handful of first-team games for Thistle at 19/20 years old - that's no basis for a sound judgement. Wigan obviously thought they'd seen enough to form an opinion but ended up, as things stand, getting it wrong.

12 hours ago, JockysJetpack said:

Can someone with good photoshopping skills please edit this to something more befitting of that waste of a shirt.

Sure. Here you go.

2aUGxfz.jpg

This is how I imagine the Scottish Corner of Hell. Tom Hateley presiding over the eternally Damned United fans and a small army of Alan Main-shaped imps.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, an-dee said:

I think a lot of people thought Spence would be here to sit about on the bench but after his performance on Tuesday he didn't look out of place, he's here to get stuck in - I'd imagine Hendry will be the same.

I suspect Hendry will be quite a tidy bit of business by Dundee. He was very much in Lindsay's shadow at U20 level but emerged into the first team and didn't look out of place. He got caught on the ball against Celtic but that's going to happen from time to time with young centre halves. Was a yard or two quicker than Lindsay and was probably more comfortable on the ball, initially at least. He's played a number of games in the lower leagues in England now and knows what it's going to take to make it back down there. Potentially a very shrewd deal by McCann.

Most importantly he's a young centre half who's had a decent bit of experience down south and will have the support of O'Dea and McCann to drive him forward.

Perfectly fits the mould in terms of the type of player we need.

31 minutes ago, FreddieDaquin. said:

I think a lot of people thought Spence would be here to sit about on the bench but after his performance on Tuesday he didn't look out of place, he's here to get stuck in - I'd imagine Hendry will be the same.

Yeah fair point. Think Spence might actually turn into a good bit of business. We've lacked that kind of aggression for the past few seasons in the middle of the park. 

I might have said already but get Mark O'Hara in at CH

There was defiantly potential for him moving forward although I don't think anyone knows what to do with him yet?

I'd make a case for him being a defensive midfielder.