All things Dundee FC

Agreed. We desperately need that goal every other game forward and Loy certainly fit that profile for us last season so most of us would be delighted to have him back.

I've never heard it which suggests it isn't the most reliable.

In saying that though - it's not the only source it's coming from. Heard it a few different times now. Would be good to get him off the budget, he's a John Baird style player in that he's very, very good in the Championship but equally nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.

I'm just glad we have a willing taker as he has another year on his deal.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've never heard it which suggests it isn't the most reliable.

In saying that though - it's not the only source it's coming from. Heard it a few different times now. Would be good to get him off the budget, he's a John Baird style player in that he's very, very good in the Championship but equally nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.

I'm just glad we have a willing taker as he has another year on his deal.

I've had a look through it and to be fair, they've not posted anything outlandish in relation to Dundee at all, in fact they seem very focused on all things SPFL.

I'd be a lot more sceptical if they were latching onto every half-arsed rumour doing the rounds but they don't appear to be,

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I've had a look through it and to be fair, they've not posted anything outlandish in relation to Dundee at all, in fact they seem very focused on all things SPFL.

I'd be a lot more sceptical if they were latching onto every half-arsed rumour doing the rounds but they don't appear to be,

The rumour appears to have been started by your media guy on twitter. 

Just spoke to a mate at work who is a Blackpool fan. Says he's a brilliant player and won their PotY. Extremely strong, commanding, and decent in the air. If he had a weakness, he said it'd be at set pieces as he has a tendency to switch off for some reason. Other than that though, he played alongside O'Dea in the Championship for Blackpool and he reckons Aldred is the better CH. Says he'd give him a 10/10 for passion alone even when it's not going his way.

Sounds good to me. Happy that we're at least appearing to look for some height, too many midgets in this squad.

Btw I'd just like to reiterate that Johnny Hayes is an ugly b*****d and that United are, indeed, shite.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dariusz said:

Curious as to why Aldred would come to us if he'd just won Blackpool's player of the year. Surely they'd offer him a new contract and they'd pay better than we could?

Have you not seen McCanns watch? 

McCann told him he'll be on a grand a week and can wear his watch on a Sunday, done deal IMO

I wonder if there is a release clause. Class that he has signed on

Nah I don't think there is. He was told a few months ago under Hartley that he'd be offered a new deal then with him leaving, it's taken a wee while to get back round to it. Club offered him a new deal, his agent told him to reject it to hold out and get a better deal and he has. Vice captain and a new bumper contract.

Played Cammy.

Nah I don't think there is. He was told a few months ago under Hartley that he'd be offered a new deal then with him leaving, it's taken a wee while to get back round to it. Club offered him a new deal, his agent told him to reject it to hold out and get a better deal and he has. Vice captain and a new bumper contract.

Played Cammy.

Money grabbing c**t [emoji12]