All things Dundee FC

53 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

If recent history is anything to go by I'd imagine United will take a 1-0 lead before folding to lose 2-1 in utterly chicken-hearted fashion, having barely been able to fill one stand. On the plus side, at least it can't relegate you this time :)

:lol: 

As most fans would hope for their team, this season is going to be better.

29 minutes ago, The DA said:

As most fans would hope for their team, this season is going to be better.

How do you work that out when 13 players have already bailed out and only 3 in?

Those 3 new players are horrific by the way. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Andreu's better than King

Murray's better than Keatings 

Dixon's better than Scobie 

I disagree about Murray.  He's got a very low conversion rate. A more clinical finisher could add 8 or 10 goals a season to Murray's haul from the same number of chances.  I'm not saying Keatings is that clinical finisher but he's unlikely to be any worse than Murray.  Transfermarkt would seem to agree, showing Murray at 213K and Keatings at 234K.  Despite Murray having twice as many goals last season, they both have the same goals-per-minute-played stats.  Does Keatings keep getting subbed?

I don't know much about Scobbie but, again, Tansfermarkt shows him as being worth 298K to Dixon's 276K.  BTW Scobbie's a central defender while Dixon's a left-back.

I'll give you Andreu against King but again we're not comparing  like with like - Tony's a central midfielder and King's a right-winger.  Mmmmm, donuts... winger.  

I disagree about Murray.  He's got a very low conversion rate. A more clinical finisher could add 8 or 10 goals a season to Murray's haul from the same number of chances.  I'm not saying Keatings is that clinical finisher but he's unlikely to be any worse than Murray.  Transfermarkt would seem to agree, showing Murray at 213K and Keatings at 234K.  Despite Murray having twice as many goals last season, they both have the same goals-per-minute-played stats.  Does Keatings keep getting subbed?
I don't know much about Scobbie but, again, Tansfermarkt shows him as being worth 298K to Dixon's 276K.  BTW Scobbie's a central defender while Dixon's a left-back.
I'll give you Andreu against King but again we're not comparing  like with like - Tony's a central midfielder and King's a right-winger.  Mmmmm, donuts... winger.  

Murray played most of the season out wide or upfront by himself so pretty good going to have the same goals per minute as Keatings tbh.

51 minutes ago, The DA said:

From what I recall Scobie's a left back who occasionally fills in at centrehalf. 

Keatings only got starts at Hibs last season because Lennon fell out with Cummings. 

As for Billy King, the fact he started about 9 games for the relegated team last season is all you need to know. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, The DA said:

OK DA.
That's plenty. Go and check who Brechin have signed.

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Blast from the past, some great players in that side, also some proper naughtiness.

Seems like a lifetime ago.  Fairly sure United were away to Arbroath that day and there was trouble at that match too.  Early - mid 90s?  Remember though, no room for violence in today's modern society. Not even the hanging of a DJ even though the music he constantly plays says nothing to me about my life.

Edited by Shadow Play

If i was standing on the hull of the sinking Titanic and given the option of a nights lifeboat company with Randomguy/ The DA or death then i'd happily rather swan dive head first into the propeller followed by eternity in the icy Atlantic sea 

What a boring fucking b*****d.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Hopefully very accurate.

Agreed. We desperately need that goal every other game forward and Loy certainly fit that profile for us last season so most of us would be delighted to have him back.