All things Dundee FC

I said to a mutant in trades at the weekend that Scobbie would be a brilliant signing for you boys. He's certainly better than most you have, O'Dea being the only one that's close.

He is our worst defender, let that sink in boys, let that sink in.

We should just adopt a policy of signing all your cast offs. That's the best we can hope for really. Thanks Tam.

I've considered myself fairly neutral for the last few years of living in dundee but was at 8 home games this season. Currently being persuaded to buy a season ticket. How many games would you have to go to to justify a season ticket? Or how many could you miss to make it not worth while, as I'll definitely not be at all of the games.

13 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I've considered myself fairly neutral for the last few years of living in dundee but was at 8 home games this season. Currently being persuaded to buy a season ticket. How many games would you have to go to to justify a season ticket? Or how many could you miss to make it not worth while, as I'll definitely not be at all of the games.

^^^Derryd oot his nut.  Get it bought :P

Financially if you miss a few you'd be better off not getting one but then you'd miss out on the free pie and crisps you get with a season ticket.  Also, it saves you queueing up to buy your ticket every week (assuming you go in the derry or the coxy).  Also, it means you've got a chance of getting Tynecastle tickets or a juicy away cup tie (LOL). 

1 hour ago, DEEJANGO said:

Quote me where I have said he isn't 'Contractually entitled' to the money? I don't agree he should be  you do but that's by the by.

My point is I feel he was rightly sacked and shouldn't be paid the remainder of his salary as he wasn't fulfilling his duties as Manager i.e. Hitting targets.....top six finish, decent cup run,bringing in sellable assets etc. This isn't just aimed at Dundee FC or Hartley but any manager of any team who is rightly sacked for underachieving I feel should be sacked with no further pay. Different if you sitting top six and doing reasonably well hitting most targets and the board sack you, by all means take them to court and claim back loss of earnings.

Obviously no real idea as to how football contracts work, but you would hope there is some kind of performance-related element to it: something along the lines of setting targets for minimum points/league placing after a set amount of time which can be reviewed regularly, and used as a means for early end of contract if they're not being met. I've no problem with him getting some kind of payoff, as he did have his contract terminated, but I hope there will be some kind of deal to reduce the amount to something more reasonable.

Anyone see Gadz's instagram post? I haven't seen it myself but supposedly a pic of him and two burds with Dundee taps on.

Could possibly be staying as pretty strange behaviour for someone that would be offski.

His Mrs. On the left. [emoji178]

8012b88c2b51e711889b5cf2f8b640ce.jpg

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Anyone see Gadz's instagram post? I haven't seen it myself but supposedly a pic of him and two burds with Dundee taps on.

Could possibly be staying as pretty strange behaviour for someone that would be offski.

Think he'll stay like. 

Heard he's cheap - one of the lowest paid in the squad - and more than capable at the back. 

Sign him up!!

3 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

A season ticket  saves you roughly about £100. You'd probably break about even if you went to 14 out of the 19 home games. 

A season ticket works out about £17 per game and pay at the gate probably averages out about £24 a game over a season I think  

Yer Derry'd oot yer nut tho, aye?

Edited by Yenitit

5 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

If I had a cap I would doff it to you sir, going to 8 home matches last season means you probably had to endure some amount of pish fitbaw. Fair play and welcome to dens. 8)

14 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Welcome aboard the Derry Express. Hands and legs inside the vehicle at all times and be particularly aware of the glow-in-the-dark, Lorraine Kelly watching troglodytes from the Outer Anguses.

Thank you.

What were people's thoughts of the interview piece in The Courier here: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/442031/new-dundee-boss-neil-mccann-believes-quality-squad-disposal/

Seems to suggest he won't be getting rid of players unless they want to leave and believes the current squad is good enough - with a couple of his own additions to meet the targets set for him next season.

Personally not to keen on what seems to be being suggested here, there are definitely some players we need to move on that aren't already out of contract

Edited by dburns

He's not gonna say they're shit. Especially if he can't offload them all! I wouldn't read too much into it. I'll judge him by his actual transfer business.

To be honest, I don't think we are that far off. A few crucial additions and we would have a very decent squad. For example, if our current squad had Stewart, Hemmings and GGH, I'd reckon it'd be better than the actual squad that did contain those 3 guys in it.

He's not gonna say they're shit. Especially if he can't offload them all! I wouldn't read too much into it. I'll judge him by his actual transfer business.

To be honest, I don't think we are that far off. A few crucial additions and we would have a very decent squad. For example, if our current squad had Stewart, Hemmings and GGH, I'd reckon it'd be better than the actual squad that did contain those 3 guys in it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head Ludo. Not only will he have to keep a lot of the 'shit' Hartley left us with, saying they're shit doesn't make it easier to move them on.

Think we might have to admit GGH is past it for the SPFL though.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah thats pretty much my thoughts too but I'd rather he focussed a bit more on getting us solid at the back & giving us some width than getting three attackers in (even if I'd shoot my load if those three rocked up for pre-season)

If we found a 15+ a season goal scorer and a big b*****d holding midfielder in this window I'd be happy. I think that squad could kick above it's weight in a positive environment until at least January and then we could re-evaluate and see where we're weakest.

Kyle Letheren isn't good enough at this level. Would be a poor signing, he'd be alright for the David Mitchell role.

Received a text saying we might be appointing former St Johnstone CH, Graham Gartland as assistant. Seems a bit random to have nothing in it. I see the courier are running with it as well.