All things Dundee FC

34 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's not even the most deluded Tony Fitzpatrick claim:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36559890

A genuinely unhinged individual. 

I take it Tony's hit the bottle hard in recent years. Possibly dabbled in some mind altering substances as well going by that statement.

Rule H9.8 says that the pitch can be watered at half-time but it must be done evenly over the entire length and width of the pitch. The penalty for an infringement of this rule is a 3-0 victory to the away team.
Spoiler I made the second part up.

Hamilton did exactly the same thing when we beat them 2-0 just after the split, they only watered the end toward the away stand at half time, conveniently the end they were due to attack, it didn't make a difference to the result but still a form of cheating.... iirc, there was a discussion about it on killie kickback at the time.

My favourite Tony Fitzpatrick comment: 'I was absolutely gutted to go down because St Mirren aren’t just a Premier League club, we’re a top six team.

"When I see teams like Dundee, St Johnstone, Inverness, no disrespect, but St Mirren’s potential is way above that.'

Link to original article: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13362986.Tony_Fitzpatrick_tips_Ian_Murray_to_lead_St_Mirren_back_to_the_top/

Hamilton did exactly the same thing when we beat them 2-0 just after the split, they only watered the end toward the away stand at half time, conveniently the end they were due to attack, it didn't make a difference to the result but still a form of cheating.... iirc, there was a discussion about it on killie kickback at the time.

They've done it for years. I remember them doing it when Nicky Riley was playing for us so that's not yesterday.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Morgan and Magennis maybe but you've probably got them well signed up. I've always thought Jack Baird would become a solid player at this level but not sure how he's progressed the last few years.

I'm a bit worried that familiarity would mean that Loy would be retained. He's not the worst player in the world but if St Mirren were willing to take him off our wage books, it could be a big mistake not taking that offer as we're needing to free money up to bring players in.

You're right, Jack Baird is the one to go for. Magennis is no better than what you've got.

You'd have to be a mentalist to turn down Dundee if you were at St Mirren.

No idea why some of the west coast lads seem to think St Mirren and the like are up there with the Dundee clubs. There's a clear top 7 in Scotland and both Dundee clubs are in it.

Funny to think that the reason they did that was for Mark Gilhaney. Mark Gilhaney.

Mark Gilhaney

9 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

That's a relief, I was worried that my memory was playing tricks.
Which diddy manager signed him?

You're a cruel man, but I just had a nosey there and we signed him in 2008 from accies on a 2yr deal but punted him to alloa a year later... Think it was Rae that was the diddy in the dugout at the time?

You're a cruel man, but I just had a nosey there and we signed him in 2008 from accies on a 2yr deal but punted him to alloa a year later... Think it was Rae that was the diddy in the dugout at the time?

Two year deal! I thought we only signed jumble sale players on good packages from ICT. I think you are right, Alex was still recovering from an excess of swally and his judgement hadn't caught up with his sobriety.

6 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Two year deal! I thought we only signed jumble sale players on good packages from ICT. I think you are right, Alex was still recovering from an excess of swally and his judgement hadn't caught up with his sobriety.

If I remember rightly though, he wasn't especially pish, he was just one of those typical dundee "wingers" like conroy and a hundreds others that were hyped to be awesome but could only get a free kick or cross on target once a season

That might just be me being charitable though coz I'm sure I called him for all sorts enough times!

Edited by locheedee

They've done it for years. I remember them doing it when Nicky Riley was playing for us so that's not yesterday.

If it did indeed happen again on Sunday, I'm surprised no one at United picked up on it. I would expect if both of our clubs were in the their position, and there was clear evidence of a rule infringement, an official from the club would be in contact to the league management committee quoting rule H9.8.