All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think you understand what irony means tbh.

Correct. :lol:

The Dees calling any other set of fans delusional is pretty fucking hilarious all the same.

Just a thought since the official statement makes mention of McCann being allowed to step away from his "contract" with sky for the 5 weeks, would we maybe have been due sky £££ if we had signed him or am I just tripping again?

Edited by locheedee
auto-correcting phone

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

For what it's worth, I don't think we will even be after Jack Ross. The Tele didn't have a clue last time, I don't expect this time to be any different.

Agreed, Nelms did a great job keeping his cards close to his chest before McCann was announced. The bookies didn't have a clue either.

Courier are apparently saying there's a £20,000 buy out clause for Ross (Which has to be complete nonsense, surely?!). They're also running with the story that we want to speak to Jim McIntyre as well which is a bit bizarre.

Surely to f**k Duffy isn't even considered a serious contender on the back of a half decent season with Morton, which ended up with them totally shitting the bed in the play-offs anyway? 

Don't get me wrong, Duffy was a hero as a player, and I thought he was an excellent Manager for us in the mid-90's, under the constraints of that madman Ron Dixon, but his return spell ended up in a shambling relegation at Livingston which neatly capped a (surprise surprise) arse collapse in the last few games of the season. 

Fucking hell. 

7 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Surely to f**k Duffy isn't even considered a serious contender on the back of a half decent season with Morton, which ended up with them totally shitting the bed in the play-offs anyway? 

Don't get me wrong, Duffy was a hero as a player, and I thought he was an excellent Manager for us in the mid-90's, under the constraints of that madman Ron Dixon, but his return spell ended up in a shambling relegation at Livingston which neatly capped a (surprise surprise) arse collapse in the last few games of the season. 

Fucking hell. 

His name keeps getting banded about and rumours are we've approached Morten about speaking to him.

Rumours are generally bollocks though as the lead up to the Neil McCann appointment proved and bookies odds aren't worth a f**k.

I think Jai Quitongo and maybe some other boy basically carried them for the season in the same way that Stewart and Hemmings carried us, then when Quitongo got injured their season nosedived. @Dunning1874 or some other Morten fan can confirm if that is true or if I'm talking shite.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Courier are apparently saying there's a £20,000 buy out clause for Ross (Which has to be complete nonsense, surely?!).

Yes , it's complete nonsense.

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

Yes , it's complete nonsense.

I do believe you as I don't think you would have put the clause in at that time but we were stung with something similar a year ago. News of Hemmings release clause of £250k broke before the window and the club vehemently denied it and basically briefed all the media that it was shite. When the first bid actually formally come in for him - he was away within minutes.

One defence clubs sometimes do to try and hold onto somebody with a release clause is to just try and pretend it doesn't exist. I suspect we'll have an approach knocked back in a few hours though.