All things Dundee FC

Just remembered there was an extremely weird moment tonight between Kosta and Mitchell. Forfar had a corner and they put a man on Mitchell. Now to cast your memory back against Celtic, Gomis was the man to protect the keeper.

Mitchell shouted at Kosta to come in. He was marking no-one but made a lame excuse (You can hear these sorts of things when you're at lower league grounds). Mitchell shouted At Kosta several times to protect him each shout getting more desperate. Gadz eventually gave Mitchell the talk to the hand gesture.

Mitchell went absolutely mental at Gadzhalov for about 2-3 minutes straight after the corner.

Now, I'm of the opinion that Gadz is one of our top header'ers of the ball and shouldn't just be on protect the keeper duty but with Gomis being on it at the weekend it's clearly the plan. For Gadz to just blatantly ignore instructions from keeper and potentially manager, even in a friendly maybe explains why he's down the rankings compared to our other CH's at times.

11 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

I know this is nothing to do with anything discussed in the last few posts but can I just take a moment to say,

Dundee United. Are. Shite.

Thank you.

You have a very good point and are well within your rights. It's important that we are regularly reminded of just how fucking shite Dundee United are. Especially since we relegated them at Dens Park on the 2nd of May 2016.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just remembered there was an extremely weird moment tonight between Kosta and Mitchell. Forfar had a corner and they put a man on Mitchell. Now to cast your memory back against Celtic, Gomis was the man to protect the keeper.

Mitchell shouted at Kosta to come in. He was marking no-one but made a lame excuse (You can hear these sorts of things when you're at lower league grounds). Mitchell shouted At Kosta several times to protect him each shout getting more desperate. Gadz eventually gave Mitchell the talk to the hand gesture.

Mitchell went absolutely mental at Gadzhalov for about 2-3 minutes straight after the corner.

Now, I'm of the opinion that Gadz is one of our top header'ers of the ball and shouldn't just be on protect the keeper duty but with Gomis being on it at the weekend it's clearly the plan. For Gadz to just blatantly ignore instructions from keeper and potentially manager, even in a friendly maybe explains why he's down the rankings compared to our other CH's at times.

Never took that in but that's very well spotted.

Earlier in the season, we were using Cammy to protect the 'keeper and I thought Bain was struggling in the air more because he was getting thrown to one side an not capable of giving a few yards to the 'keeper to handle the situation. There's been a few times where the man protecting the 'keeper hasn't handled the responsibility at all so I could maybe see why it's evolved to putting a centre half on that duty.

That is very worrying from Gadz and maybe does explain why Hartley seems to get pissed off at him more. As much as Julen makes costly errors, he's at least playing the role he's set out to play and I did think that his absence was actually noticeable in a negative way when he missed out against St Johnstone. I still don't think he's at this level and we should be looking to move him on (which is probably scuppered with his injury as no one is likely to take him) but he's far from the worst defender we've ever had and it would make sense if Hartley was picking him over Gadz for that reason.

It'd be ideal if Kevin Gomis has found a brain because I'd actually say he's our best defender by far if he's switched on. He's an absolute beast at everything and maybe one of the strongest players in the league but there's just something not quite wired correctly there. I've noticed that he seems a lot better when we're under constant pressure but his head goes when we've got long periods of attack.

You have a very good point and are well within your rights. It's important that we are regularly reminded of just how fucking shite Dundee United are. Especially since we relegated them at Dens Park on the 2nd of May 2016.
Thank you.

21:36 be precise. [emoji41]

59 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Never took that in but that's very well spotted.

Earlier in the season, we were using Cammy to protect the 'keeper and I thought Bain was struggling in the air more because he was getting thrown to one side an not capable of giving a few yards to the 'keeper to handle the situation. There's been a few times where the man protecting the 'keeper hasn't handled the responsibility at all so I could maybe see why it's evolved to putting a centre half on that duty.

That is very worrying from Gadz and maybe does explain why Hartley seems to get pissed off at him more. As much as Julen makes costly errors, he's at least playing the role he's set out to play and I did think that his absence was actually noticeable in a negative way when he missed out against St Johnstone. I still don't think he's at this level and we should be looking to move him on (which is probably scuppered with his injury as no one is likely to take him) but he's far from the worst defender we've ever had and it would make sense if Hartley was picking him over Gadz for that reason.

It'd be ideal if Kevin Gomis has found a brain because I'd actually say he's our best defender by far if he's switched on. He's an absolute beast at everything and maybe one of the strongest players in the league but there's just something not quite wired correctly there. I've noticed that he seems a lot better when we're under constant pressure but his head goes when we've got long periods of attack.

I agree — he seems a bit simple. Seems it's not just him, either; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39278092

Thank you.

2 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

Thank you.

I seems like a shame to lose touch though, I'm constantly popping into their thread for a friendly 'chit-chat' I think they appreciate it, and I would encourage others to do the same. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I seems like a shame to lose touch though, I'm constantly popping into their thread for a friendly 'chit-chat' I think they appreciate it, and I would encourage others to do the same. Thank you.

I like to pop in once in a while to make sure they're OK, have a cup of tea and see if they can mend a dropped stitch on my jumper.

I think game time it was 90+3 when Wighton put the ball in Yeniteds net. 

Forever known as Beautiful Monday. 

Anyone got any plans yet for the anniversary? Think we should make an effort considering all the joy they have brought to us in the past 11 months.

Just saying

23 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Anyone got any plans yet for the anniversary? Think we should make an effort considering all the joy they have brought to us in the past 11 months.

Just saying

I'm having a good bevy on Craig Wighton day to celebrate the anniversary. Champers or Tennents is the big question...