All things Dundee FC

Dundee FC are frustrating to watch at the moment. From sloppy, indecisive and insipid versus St Johnstone, to well organised, robust and challenging against the Champions elect. It's driving me nuts to understand what determines the inconsistency, and it must be worse for Paul Hartley. He needs a legal elixir to put them in the good mood.

Anyway yesterday Celtic were collectively good, lots of movement, combative in the tackle engagement, yet most of this was not in our box. I'm afraid I didn't see a big price tag on the Dembele performance - he might rival Tom Daley, but Stuart Armstrong did impress among the Hoops on show. No surprise there as he always shone in the day glo strip when he played against us for the Tadgerines. So overall the Dark Blue midfield pretty much contained them, I thought Hateley won more tackles than usual and broke down a fair few Celtic moves. McGowan wasn't bad, with one cracking run and good pass to Haber, yet too many of his passes were in the air, or too short putting his colleague in difficulty. I don't think Mark O'Hara is a right sided midfielder to be honest, although he did link up quite well in the second half.  My view is that  Ojama should play closer to  Haber as he's a good player that we have not seen at his best yet, Vincent was solid enough without any great penetrative action, and the midfield subs did ok too. In attack, on another day Haber might have scored two, and Faissal's turn of pace and strike will be remembered for years - best individual goal at Dens since Stevie Mallan's for the Maureens.

In defence Gomis was very good as Dembele was invisible, O'Dea was caught a few times but cleared up pretty well, Holt had a good day after his nervous and clumsy show at Mc Diarmid last week, To cap it all there was a very good Cammy Kerr, he's getting better as the season progresses, strong in the challenge, much better positioning and he's made me forget about Paul McGinn - the player of the year for me.

Now lads, please have the same application and tempo for the rest of the season.

Not to be harsh, but I've literally never heard of Martyn Fotheringham, so I guess it will be a youth squad. As Den Spark says, will probably be used to give a few Danny Williams style plays a run out. I'd actually like Fais to play, get a few goals under his belt this week then start him against Aberdeen.

Mitchell, Gadz, Williams, Ross, Klok, El Bak will probably play I would imagine. 

Holt/McGowan were struggling at the end on Sunday, Haber, Wighton, Ojamaa on international this week. O'Dea and Kerr might play too.

Edited by Mr Gandosaur

Also I see the boy Peters scored for Forfar, and apparently Hartley has been keeping a close eye on him for a while now. Looks like a decent goalscorer and has a good size about him as well so wouldn't get bullied like some of the lower league players who tend to make the move up the divisions and struggle.

15 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

I know this is nothing to do with anything discussed in the last few posts but can I just take a moment to say,

Dundee United. Are. Shite.

Thank you.

Of course you can. That filthy club is phucked from top to bottom, pleasing.