All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, DensDerry75 said:

Anybody else hacked off at Scott Bain's performances this season?

Yes. If it wasn't for last season and his 1 in 5 game worldie performance, I'd be thinking he wasn't cut out for this level this season. Some of the goals he's let in have been ridiculous and I've never seen/heard him communicate with his defence.

Yes. If it wasn't for last season and his 1 in 5 game worldie performance, I'd be thinking he wasn't cut out for this level this season. Some of the goals he's let in have been ridiculous and I've never seen/heard him communicate with his defence.

Agree. I hope we can get a decent fee for him when he leaves. His value has certainly diminished this season.

Post split games are going to be absolutely massive and i'm really not looking forward to that. Especially given our results after the split in the last two seasons.

T.B.F. we were already safe on both seasons with nothing to play for. Except relegating Utd of course.

Shankly stand open to home fans vs. Hamilton on 15th April. Adult+Child for £10; 2 adults and up to 6 kids for £20.

Jesus that's brilliant. Be really interesting to see how many we get into this game to see if prices really are keeping people away.

That's an absolutely cracking deal and it'll confirm one way or the other whether lowering the prices = much increased attendance.

And Hamilton fans will rightfully be punted to the Main Stand.

59 minutes ago, The Master said:

Shankly stand open to home fans vs. Hamilton on 15th April. Adult+Child for £10; 2 adults and up to 6 kids for £20.

This should be the way for every team, especially if you only fill 1/2 to 3/4 stadium. Great deal.

Eta. Only downside is it might sound like Tannadice. 

Edited by tree house tam

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's an absolutely cracking deal and it'll confirm one way or the other whether lowering the prices = much increased attendance.

And Hamilton fans will rightfully be punted to the Main Stand.

It's a great deal and something we should certainly be applauding. I only wish they'd do this for a more interesting game against the likes of Aberdeen or Hearts — I think that would be a fairer test to see if it works or not; try get Dens to a sell-out. Those that would go regularly would probably go to those games, pay less and find it easier to hook friends/family with the cheaper ticket. Conversely, many regulars might be tempted to avoid watching us play one of the worst teams in the league, albeit at a reduced cost. I suspect our crowd for the Hamilton game will be marginally higher, but roughly the same as when we played them earlier in the season, which was 5,287.

Out of interest, how many fans would need to turn up for us to consider this a success (in terms of getting extra bums on seats)? Above our average gate (which is apparently 6,181 this season)? Or simply more that came to the first game when we played them?

ETA: Assuming I'm right, in both scenarios (after factoring season ticket holders), we'll definitely lose money on this. We'd need to roughly double the amount of pay-at-the-ticket-office (not gate) attendance to break even, which I really doubt we'll do. Feels more like a cheap trick to try convince folk to come to a low-attendance game that, if we're being brutally honest, is against a shite, uninteresting team with a terrible away support where we'll likely put in another lukewarm performance ourselves. 

It's still a nice idea, but I don't think it will make very much different either way.

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC